Pick #30, Who are your favorite prospects?

Who do you take at 30?

• Grant Delpit S LSU

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Jonathan Taylor RB Wisconsin

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Justin Herbert QB Oregon

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Cesar Ruiz OL Michigan

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I keep kicking around various ideas, and of the realistic options, I keep coming back to one guy:

Michael Pittman Jr, WR, USC

In terms of skill-set, Pittman is not the exact type that the Packers need. He has some YAC ability, but it isn't the mainstay of his game.

Metrics:

Pittman is 6'4" 223 lbs. He ran a 4.52 at the combine, he had a 36.5" vert, 121" broad, 6.96 three cone, and 4.14 short shuttle. These are all good numbers for a bigger receiver. His sparq score places him in the 86th% of NFL receivers.

Production:

He caught 101 passes for 1,275 yards and 11 touchdowns in 2019.

He was good for 41/758/6 in 10 games in 2018.

Traits:
  • Smooth mover with explosive COD despite being a big receiver.
  • Excels getting off of press coverage with both quickness and power.
  • Runs routes and separates like a smaller player.
  • Excellent body control to make difficult catches along the sideline.
  • Some of the best hands in the entire class-- 2.7% drop rate and caught 90% of catchable balls.
  • QB friendly in coming back to the QB when the play breaks down (Rodgers ++).
  • Surprisingly productive after the catch for such a big player.
  • Does a good job with positioning on vertical plays, stacking corners and then boxing them out.
  • Really seems to relish his ability to destroy people in the running game.
Additionally, he's be a really productive special teams contributor. He's accrued 17 tackles, 3 blocked punts, and a PR touchdowns over his time at USC (the touchdown was a trick play return).

Projection: I believe Pittman is pro ready enough to become the #2 passing option during his rookie year. Funchess and/or Lazard can compete for snaps as big slots, but Pittman should be able to work his way into starter snaps relatively early as the X or Z across from Adams. I believe that he's good enough to become the #1 option in the WR corps down the road, if and when they decide to let Adams walk.

Comparison: I see Pittman stylistically in the same vein as Courtland Sutton, but he's more refined than Sutton was coming out of SMU.

If they can snag him via trade down, that's great. But he's my guy for pick #30.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I keep kicking around various ideas, and of the realistic options, I keep coming back to one guy:

Michael Pittman Jr, WR, USC

In terms of skill-set, Pittman is not the exact type that the Packers need. He has some YAC ability, but it isn't the mainstay of his game.

Metrics:

Pittman is 6'4" 223 lbs. He ran a 4.52 at the combine, he had a 36.5" vert, 121" broad, 6.96 three cone, and 4.14 short shuttle. These are all good numbers for a bigger receiver. His sparq score places him in the 86th% of NFL receivers.

Production:

He caught 101 passes for 1,275 yards and 11 touchdowns in 2019.

He was good for 41/758/6 in 10 games in 2018.

Traits:
  • Smooth mover with explosive COD despite being a big receiver.
  • Excels getting off of press coverage with both quickness and power.
  • Runs routes and separates like a smaller player.
  • Excellent body control to make difficult catches along the sideline.
  • Some of the best hands in the entire class-- 2.7% drop rate and caught 90% of catchable balls.
  • QB friendly in coming back to the QB when the play breaks down (Rodgers ++).
  • Surprisingly productive after the catch for such a big player.
  • Does a good job with positioning on vertical plays, stacking corners and then boxing them out.
  • Really seems to relish his ability to destroy people in the running game.
Additionally, he's be a really productive special teams contributor. He's accrued 17 tackles, 3 blocked punts, and a PR touchdowns over his time at USC (the touchdown was a trick play return).

Projection: I believe Pittman is pro ready enough to become the #2 passing option during his rookie year. Funchess and/or Lazard can compete for snaps as big slots, but Pittman should be able to work his way into starter snaps relatively early as the X or Z across from Adams. I believe that he's good enough to become the #1 option in the WR corps down the road, if and when they decide to let Adams walk.

Comparison: I see Pittman stylistically in the same vein as Courtland Sutton, but he's more refined than Sutton was coming out of SMU.

If they can snag him via trade down, that's great. But he's my guy for pick #30.

You know I've kicked the Aiyuk, Mims and Reagor tires HARD for our first pick....here's the thing though I've always thought I'd rather be able to trade back a little for them. With Pittman I've NEVER hesitated to think of picking him at our 2nd round pick and I'd argue I consider him a steal at that position. Pittman arguably out of any of the wide outs in the draft I've said elsewhere has the most known things about him, highest current floor of the group and the fewest holes in his game. While I don't think when his rookie year closes he is going to be the rookie everyone points to that had the best season...he may not be even in the top 3...fast forward 2 or 3 years and he will still be consistently producing.

Gute has clearly shown he will not hesitate to pick a player he has pegged and circled (Gary at where he did). While Pittman at #30 I'd argue isn't as "odd" as the Gary pick was...many would say it was just as much a "reach"....however there is a very solid case to be made for if we are going to pick a WR high, let's make sure it is the most known commodity coming in and not as much of a "he could be" or he "might be amazing" type guy.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
You know I've kicked the Aiyuk, Mims and Reagor tires HARD for our first pick....here's the thing though I've always thought I'd rather be able to trade back a little for them. With Pittman I've NEVER hesitated to think of picking him at our 2nd round pick and I'd argue I consider him a steal at that position. Pittman arguably out of any of the wide outs in the draft I've said elsewhere has the most known things about him, highest current floor of the group and the fewest holes in his game. While I don't think when his rookie year closes he is going to be the rookie everyone points to that had the best season...he may not be even in the top 3...fast forward 2 or 3 years and he will still be consistently producing.

Gute has clearly shown he will not hesitate to pick a player he has pegged and circled (Gary at where he did). While Pittman at #30 I'd argue isn't as "odd" as the Gary pick was...many would say it was just as much a "reach"....however there is a very solid case to be made for if we are going to pick a WR high, let's make sure it is the most known commodity coming in and not as much of a "he could be" or he "might be amazing" type guy.

I think a lot of fans would freak out because a lot of media outlets rate him anywhere from #8 to #12 in the WR class, I think he's legitimately the 4th best guy and the #1 WR prospect after the big three who are expected to go in the top half of round one. I totally agree with you that Pittman is safer than most prospects, but I also think his ceiling is super high. While not elite, he's a high end athlete, especially for such a physically imposing player.

Justin Jefferson is almost universally rated higher than Pittman, but there is no comparison between the two in my opinion. I literally cannot think of a single thing that Jefferson does better on tape than Pittman. Not one.

Denzel Mims has a higher ceiling than Pittman because of his physical tools, but his tape just simply isn't as good. He doesn't handle press as well, he doesn't separate as well, he doesn't block as well, he doesn't consistently catch the ball as well. Now if in the NFL Mims is the guy from the Sr. Bowl rather than the guy from Baylor, then he's probably a better pro than Pittman. And while I would be happy for the Packers to draft him, it's hard to give a few days of practice more weight than his entire college career.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think a lot of fans would freak out because a lot of media outlets rate him anywhere from #8 to #12 in the WR class, I think he's legitimately the 4th best guy and the #1 WR prospect after the big three who are expected to go in the top half of round one. I totally agree with you that Pittman is safer than most prospects, but I also think his ceiling is super high. While not elite, he's a high end athlete, especially for such a physically imposing player.

Justin Jefferson is almost universally rated higher than Pittman, but there is no comparison between the two in my opinion. I literally cannot think of a single thing that Jefferson does better on tape than Pittman. Not one.

Denzel Mims has a higher ceiling than Pittman because of his physical tools, but his tape just simply isn't as good. He doesn't handle press as well, he doesn't separate as well, he doesn't block as well, he doesn't consistently catch the ball as well. Now if in the NFL Mims is the guy from the Sr. Bowl rather than the guy from Baylor, then he's probably a better pro than Pittman. And while I would be happy for the Packers to draft him, it's hard to give a few days of practice more weight than his entire college career.

Could not agree more. I think the only trait someone can perhaps with mild validity make on Jefferson vs Pittman in Jefferson's favor is jump balls. Even that though it isn't that Pittman is bad, because he uses and almost guides the DB with his body to garner better positioning. Jefferson merely does a better job on 50/50 jump balls on could argue...aka hail marys or offside "free plays" where AR would chuck it up and hope.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Could not agree more. I think the only trait someone can perhaps with mild validity make on Jefferson vs Pittman in Jefferson's favor is jump balls. Even that though it isn't that Pittman is bad, because he uses and almost guides the DB with his body to garner better positioning. Jefferson merely does a better job on 50/50 jump balls on could argue...aka hail marys or offside "free plays" where AR would chuck it up and hope.

Yeah, that one is close. I would argue it's basically even.

Pittman had a 2.7% drop rate and caught 90% of catchable passes. Jefferson had a drop rate of 5.8% and caught 92% of catchable passes.

Pittman's rate of accurate targets was high at 60%, but Jefferson's was the highest in the class at 69%.

As an aside, the guys that struggled the most with inaccuracy (those below 50%):
  1. Reagor: 31%
  2. Hamler: 42%
  3. Davis: 43%
  4. Peoples-Jones: 45%
  5. Mims: 46%
  6. Claypool: 46%
  7. Gandy-Golden: 47%
  8. Aiyuk: 48%

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, that one is close. I would argue it's basically even.

Pittman had a 2.7% drop rate and caught 90% of catchable passes. Jefferson had a drop rate of 5.8% and caught 92% of catchable passes.

Pittman's rate of accurate targets was high at 60%, but Jefferson's was the highest in the class at 69%.

As an aside, the guys that struggled the most with inaccuracy (those below 50%):
  1. Reagor: 31%
  2. Hamler: 42%
  3. Davis: 43%
  4. Peoples-Jones: 45%
  5. Mims: 46%
  6. Claypool: 46%
  7. Gandy-Golden: 47%
  8. Aiyuk: 48%

Being a Notre Dame fan I can attest Claypool's hands and ball skills are better than that percentage...far too often a "prayer" throw was tossed his way because of his abilities.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Being a Notre Dame fan I can attest Claypool's hands and ball skills are better than that percentage...far too often a "prayer" throw was tossed his way because of his abilities.

Those aren't catch % numbers, but rather the percentage of passes that were thrown to those receivers that were deemed accurate. They reflect on the QB play that the receivers dealt with, not the receiving himself.

In other words, Jefferson's QB gave him the easiest time of any receiver in the class with his accuracy (as we would expect). Reagor's QB gave him the most difficult time of any receiver in the class with his accuracy.

So a low number for Claypool actually supports what you are saying that you observed.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those aren't catch % numbers, but rather the percentage of passes that were thrown to those receivers that were deemed accurate. They reflect on the QB play that the receivers dealt with, not the receiving himself.

In other words, Jefferson's QB gave him the easiest time of any receiver in the class with his accuracy (as we would expect). Reagor's QB gave him the most difficult time of any receiver in the class with his accuracy.

So a low number for Claypool actually supports what you are saying that you observed.

Oh gotcha, misread what the stat was representing.

H

HardRightEdge

Just a sense, but I don't think it will be a WR. Second round in a trade down, trade up or stand pat.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hadn’t heard of Pittman until he showed up in this thread. Jefferson is pretty much a pure slot guy I think. Does anyone know where Pittman played most of his snaps? Wideout or slot? Thanks all.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I hadn’t heard of Pittman until he showed up in this thread. Jefferson is pretty much a pure slot guy I think. Does anyone know where Pittman played most of his snaps? Wideout or slot? Thanks all.

Out wide.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
While Michael Pittman Jr. is my favorite wide receiver for the Packers, it's another talented wide receiver that I think is their most likely target: Brandon Aiyuk, WR, ASU.

Most people who follow the draft are already familiar with Aiyuk, but here is the breakdown:

Metrics: Aiyuk is a 1/2 inch shy of 6'0" and 205 lbs. So while he isn't tall, he is a deceptively big target because of his freakish length. His arms at 33.5" long and his wingspan is 80"! Of the top 50 WR prospects in this class, only 5 other players have a wingspan of 80 inches or more, and they are all 6'4" or taller. So Aiyuk's build is strikingly unique. His hands are also very large at 9.75"-- bigger than all but 7 players among the top 50 wide receivers. So overall, Aiyuk has the quickness of a sub 6' WR, but the effective catch radius of a 6'4" player. You can see this at work when he extends to pluck balls well over his head down the field.

Aiyuk ran a 4.50 at the combine, which is good enough. However, he had reportedly been putting up much faster times than that previously, but was working out with an abdominal issue that he's since had surgery on. He certainly appears much faster on tape. His 40" vertical is a 92nd% number, and his 128" broad is an 88th% number. Big jump numbers indicate explosive movement skills, and this is definitely evident on tape for Aiyuk. He elected not to do agility drills at the combine, and obviously wasn't able to do them at a pro day.

Production:

65 receptions for 1192 yards and 8 touchdowns (18.34 YPC) in 2019

33/474/3 (14.4 YPC) in 2018

14 punt returns for 226 yards and 1 TD (16.14 yd/return) in 2019

14 KO returns for 446 yards (31.86 yd/return)

Has zero drops for his career 20+ yards downfield (per pff)

Averaged 10.9 yards per reception after the catch (per pff; Power 5 average is 5.5); 710 of his yards came after the catch.

Broke a tackle once ever 4.6 receptions-- 6th in the draft class.

Caught 90% of catchable targets.

Only 3% of his receptions were contested

38.5% of his receptions came on screen passes

Wonderlic score of 23 at the combine was 5th among WR's

Traits:
  • Explosive mover, both in regards to getting into and out of his breaks and creating plays after the catch.
  • Is arguably the most proven player in the draft class as a creator in the screen game.
  • Has the long speed to get vertical and stack corners.
  • Tracks the ball well over his shoulder and can extend to make the catch in stride.
  • Long arms and big hands present great downfield targets-- dangerous deep threat.
  • Competitive runner with the size and strength to power through contact.
  • Rare ability to get in and out of route breaks without gearing down.
  • Shows the beginnings of some route running savvy, and the raw talent to grow in this area.
  • Big reliable hands will come down with most everything thrown his way within reason.
  • Inexperienced in facing press coverage-- will need to begin career as the Z receiver.
  • Not well tested as a contested catch receiver.
  • Limited route tree at ASU.
  • More of a speed turn route runner than true, fluid type that can run complex route combinations.
  • Profiles as a gadget player in the running game (orbit reverses, etc) but not used in that regard in Tempe.
Projection: As a rookie, I think Aiyuk could take over immediately as a punt returner and WR3, and could be a major factor both in the screen game and on shot plays. In time, there is no reason why he could not develop into an every down player who can move around the formation and play X, Z, or in the slot. Spending time around a player like Adams, who grew tremendously as a route and release artists since entering the league, could help him tremendously.

I view Aiyuk as the most likely fit for Green Bay because he seems to be the perfect compromise of what Gutekunst wants as a GM and what LaFleur needs for his offense. Gute seems to prefer big athletes at the WR position. While he isn't tall, Aiyuk's build means that he plays a lot bigger than his listed height. But because he isn't truly a tall, heavy long-strider with build up speed, he would still offer the YAC/screen abilities that Petals surely covets. If, hypothetically, Gutekunst wanted Pittman and LaFleur wanted Reagor, I could see them landing on Aiyuk as a happy medium.

Comparison: This is really difficult, because Aiyuk's skills set and build are both really unique. Imagine if you took Albert Wilson's YAC ability and combined it with Calvin Ridley's vertical skills, but with the effective frame of Mike Williams. Something like that.

I would still prefer Pittman, who I view to be a safer option and a great fit for different reasons, but I certainly wouldn't be disappointed with Aiyuk.

Reaction score
Doesn't have any weakness except average speed, poor acceleration, poor agility, and far below average jumping.

There aren't many players in his athletic profile that have done well. He's also not near the athlete AJ Green is, not even close.

He's a fine WR, but I wouldn't even dream of taking him at 30 in this class.
His poor athletic profile? You mean his lousy
20.1 yards per touch and 1st team selection? Ummm ok.
You put far too much weight on measurable. In that world Ross should be one of the top WR in the NFL.

Tee Higgins will get drafted well before Metcalf did, he’s anywhere from #20-#45 overall and just might not be there at #30 actually. Metcalf should’ve went earlier round 2 and put up 900 yards his rookie season at the NFL level..which is precisely “remarkable” in particular considering he was considered a bit raw and his full body of work in college clearly showed it. D.K. Is only gonna get better.
Paired with #12, Higgins will put up 1000+ by year 2-3 (750+ rookie season) and Higgins would offer an instantaneous boost to our Offense as our #2.

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
You put far too much weight on measurable. In that world Ross should be one of the top WR in the NFL.

Tee Higgins will get drafted well before Metcalf did, he’s anywhere from #20-#45 overall and just might not be there at #30 actually. Metcalf should’ve went earlier round 2 and put up 900 yards his rookie season at the NFL level..which is precisely “remarkable” in particular considering he was considered a bit raw and his full body of work in college clearly showed it. D.K. Is only gonna get better.
Paired with #12, Higgins will put up 1000+ by year 2-3 (750+ rookie season) and Higgins would offer an instantaneous boost to our Offense as our #2.

20.1 yards per touch is a measure of production, not athleticism.

Higgins is athletic in ways. His body control is pretty special, which allows him to make great plays at the catch point. But he isn't athletic in terms of the explosive movement to separate from coverage. He's a catch point winner. He's going to be covered most of the time and he's going to have to make contested catches.

Metcalf also didn't/doesn't have the change of direction or quickness to separate from coverage. But he's crazy fast in a straight line despite being huge-- he can essentially create separation by being fast in a straight line. He's almost immensely strong, meaning he can beat press by out-muscling the corner across from him. Higgins isn't nearly that fast or that strong. .

Given that catch point guys tend to bust more frequently, and that the Packers really don't need that type of receiver, I would put Higgins behind about 11 or 12 other guys just at the WR position.

I could see Higgins being a "surprise" faller on draft day. I hope not. It would be sweet if the Vikings took him! But I don't think that's going to happen. They already went down that road with Laquon Treadwell.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Higgins is athletic in ways. His body control is pretty special, which allows him to make great plays at the catch point. But he isn't athletic in terms of the explosive movement to separate from coverage. He's a catch point winner. He's going to be covered most of the time and he's going to have to make contested catches.

Metcalf also didn't/doesn't have the change of direction or quickness to separate from coverage. But he's crazy fast in a straight line despite being huge-- he can essentially create separation by being fast in a straight line. He's almost immensely strong, meaning he can beat press by out-muscling the corner across from him. Higgins isn't nearly that fast or that strong. .

Given that catch point guys tend to bust more frequently, and that the Packers really don't need that type of receiver, I would put Higgins behind about 11 or 12 other guys just at the WR position.

I could see Higgins being a "surprise" faller on draft day. I hope not. It would be sweet if the Vikings took him! But I don't think that's going to happen. They already went down that road with Laquon Treadwell.

It's important to also point out that size is an athletic trait. While I would prefer Pittman over Higgins, the difference is kind of minimal and both are big and surprisingly quick for their size. You say Higgins is going to be making contested catches but he's going to be MUCH bigger than most corners so it's going to be contested in the way that a big TE is being contested by a safety; i.e., the corner might be close to him but it might not actually be much of a contest. Yes, big guys are probably more valuable for less-accurate QBs, but bigger receivers also tend to be better blocking and that's something MLF values.

I do agree with your overall point that contested catch rate in college is overrated, but for Pittman and Higgins I think that rate is just something to note; the main selling point for both is that they are very good receivers with good hands, that run good routes.

Either way, if the Packers trade down outside the top-40, I don't think they'll end up with any of the tier-2 WRs that would project to make a big impact as rookies (Jefferson, Higgins, Pittman, Mims, Reagor, or Aiyuk).

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's important to also point out that size is an athletic trait. While I would prefer Pittman over Higgins, the difference is kind of minimal and both are big and surprisingly quick for their size. You say Higgins is going to be making contested catches but he's going to be MUCH bigger than most corners so it's going to be contested in the way that a big TE is being contested by a safety; i.e., the corner might be close to him but it might not actually be much of a contest. Yes, big guys are probably more valuable for less-accurate QBs, but bigger receivers also tend to be better blocking and that's something MLF values.

I do agree with your overall point that contested catch rate in college is overrated, but for Pittman and Higgins I think that rate is just something to note; the main selling point for both is that they are very good receivers with good hands, that run good routes.

Either way, if the Packers trade down outside the top-40, I don't think they'll end up with any of the tier-2 WRs that would project to make a big impact as rookies (Jefferson, Higgins, Pittman, Mims, Reagor, or Aiyuk).

Higgins is surprisingly quick?

He ran a 4.59 at his pro day (so increase by at least 0.05 for combine equivalent). Had a 1.66 10 yard. That's horrid. His short shuttle was terrible. Excluding this year's combine bc of the wonky schedule, only 14 WR's have ran a worse SS at the combine than what Higgins did at his Pro Day.

He's a big, physical, catch point WR that lacks speed, quicks, and explosion. He's clearly an NFL player, but there are quite a few players I'd take over him.

Fwiw, Pittman had a RAS of 8.19, Higgins a 4.2.

They're not comparable athletes.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If you pay any attention, I care a lot about tape. I just have a hard time believing in athletic outliers. Metcalf, in your example, is a freak athlete. Higgins, is not.

You cannot be a very good skill position player in the NFL without being an exceptional athlete. Higgins isn't. We've seen it before (Treadwell). I'm not going to fall for it again.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Higgins is surprisingly quick?

He ran a 4.59 at his pro day (so increase by at least 0.05 for combine equivalent). Had a 1.66 10 yard. That's horrid. His short shuttle was terrible. Excluding this year's combine bc of the wonky schedule, only 14 WR's have ran a worse SS at the combine than what Higgins did at his Pro Day.

He's a big, physical, catch point WR that lacks speed, quicks, and explosion. He's clearly an NFL player, but there are quite a few players I'd take over him.

Fwiw, Pittman had a RAS of 8.19, Higgins a 4.2.

They're not comparable athletes.

40 time isn't the only measure of speed. For his SIZE, he's pretty fast.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

I disagree with you there. Pittman is a big receiver who has the quickness to play like a small receiver. Higgins plays like a big, slow receiver.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
40 time isn't the only measure of speed. For his SIZE, he's pretty fast.

Which is why I listed his 40, his 10 yard, his SS, and his jumps. His 40 is actually the only thing that's relatively fast for his size, everything else is Doo-Doo.

I would have listed his 3-cone, but he didn't run it, which should give you an idea that it isn't good.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Given the WR's that Gute was willing to go into the 2019 season with, it would not surprise me if he doesn't spend his first pick on one. Further, because of the talked about deep draft class at the position, I could see him waiting until the 3rd round to pull the trigger. If they get guys that they really like at other positions and a WR with what might be 2nd round talent in other drafts, I would be fine with that. However, if they have one or two guys that they feel are head and shoulders better WR's, that fit well into the Packer offense and they are there at #30, go get em!

Reaction score
Exactly my point. Production is the ultimate goal.. athleticism is just one method from many of getting there. Production ultimately shows the being able to use the tools (Athleticism, Mental capacity, internal Drive, Confidence, instincts.. among others).

It’s OK to gamble on athleticism occasionally if there are flashes of production (See Gary, Spriggs, etc..) but in no way should we use a college player with high athleticism to scold a high production player, which is what was ultimately used as his argument.

Last edited:

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Given the WR's that Gute was willing to go into the 2019 season with, it would not surprise me if he doesn't spend his first pick on one. Further, because of the talked about deep draft class at the position, I could see him waiting until the 3rd round to pull the trigger. If they get guys that they really like at other positions and a WR with what might be 2nd round talent in other drafts, I would be fine with that. However, if they have one or two guys that they feel are head and shoulders better WR's, that fit well into the Packer offense and they are there at #30, go get em!

I think there are receivers that could turn into good pros after the first couple tiers, I just think that if you're looking for help THIS year, then only the first or second tier of guys is really going to make a difference.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly my point. Production is the ultimate goal.. athleticism is just one method from many of getting there. Production ultimately shows the being able to use the tools (Athleticism, Mental capacity, internal Drive, Confidence, instincts.. among others).

It’s OK to gamble on athleticism occasionally if there are flashes of production (See Gary, Spriggs, etc..) but in no way should we use a college player with lower production to scold a high production player, which is what was ultimately used as his argument.

College production does not equal NFL production.

Time and Time again we've seen high production at the college level with below average athleticism flame out in the NFL.

Who's the below average athletically WR doing well in the NFL?

Members online

Latest posts