Peyton Manning Bowl

Reaction score
I really like watching all the stuff leading up to the super bowl but this year i am discusted. every time i turn it on its peyton manning everywhere. can't wait for this to be over and hopefully he will retire.

bring on 2014 seaon

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

After everything I`ve seen this week, I am beginning to think the Seahawks are going to rain on his parade big time. They are oozing confidence everytime they get interviewed.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
May Pey Pey's Ponies suck the big one and make Elway frown. Then it'd be how Pey Pey choking when it matters is like beating a dead horse.

May the Hawks destroy his "final" game.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peyton is talking by the masses as the greatest ever. But should he lose this game the naysayers will be vocal about his post seaso history.

Hawks by 10

Defense92

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like watching all the stuff leading up to the super bowl but this year i am discusted. every time i turn it on its peyton manning everywhere. can't wait for this to be over and hopefully he will retire.

bring on 2014 seaon

It could be worse. They could be focussing on Elway more, the general manager receiving all the glory. That's the way it seemed during the AFC Championship presentation.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They say that football defenses win championships.
When it's over we will see if that holds up or not.

The fun for this vid. really starts at around 0:55

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It could be worse. They could be focussing on Elway more, the general manager receiving all the glory. That's the way it seemed during the AFC Championship presentation.
It's like that for every freaken Broncos game that gets broadcast.
I guess it's well deserved. Going from 2 consecutive SB winning QB to a team manager.
(They keep reminding us that he is veep of football operations but never mention what exactly that means. What is it? A fancy word for locker room janitor and ball washer?)
But it is overkill.
OK. We get it already.
I guess they keep reminding us for that one last football fan who has no clue on who or where John Elway is thinking that maybe this time he is watching.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They say that football defenses win championships.
When it's over we will see if that holds up or not.

The fun for this vid. really starts at around 0:55

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Look at the past 20 SBs and see of that holds true. It's really just about match ups, as both offense and defense has won

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look at the past 20 SBs and see of that holds true. It's really just about match ups, as both offense and defense has won
Seattle: #1 d-fence.
Denver: #1 offense.
Denver has Manning who has had SB experience before and is 1-1 in the big game.
Seattle has Wilson whose only big game experience was a Rose Bowl which he lost.
Based on all this ivo, who do you see as winning?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seattle: #1 d-fence.
Denver: #1 offense.
Denver has Manning who has had SB experience before and is 1-1 in the big game.
Seattle has Wilson whose only big game experience was a Rose Bowl which he lost.
Based on all this ivo, who do you see as winning?

Seattle.
Denver has to come out and audible. They need to move WRs around at the line and change seattle out of man coverage into zone. That is their best chance.

H

HardRightEdge

They keep reminding us that he is veep of football operations but never mention what exactly that means. What is it? A fancy word for locker room janitor and ball washer?

After Elway, the highest title in Denver football operations is Director of Player Personnel.

By the time Elway worked his way through firing McDaniel, signing Manning, firing Tebow, and finally "parting ways" with the GM Xander right after the 2012 draft with no one having replaced him since, I think it's fair to say Elway is heavily involved in player decisions.

However, Elway would have had little to do with the construction of the roster up through the 2012 draft with the exception of the Manning signing and the Tebow firing.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am way OK with the Seahawks winning this one because:
1) Revenge, baby, revenge!
A) The Broncos denied us a 5th Lombardi.
B) Elway already has 2 rings. He doesn't need a third, does he? Besides, he's a multi millionare. He will still have a job. No reason at all to feel bad for him and the rest of the Broncs.
C) The Seahawks beat the 40Whiners to give us a lift. And now the 40Whiners and their fans are going to hate this even more! Ha-ha! In your faces!
Especially that punk Colon Krapperknickers who came out this week expressing his hatred of the Seahawks and hoping that the Broncos would win it! LOL

2) It's time for yet another team to get their first Lombardi.

3) Russel Wilson. Former Badger.

Anyone else want to add anything?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, I dunno about the last 20 SBs but it holds true for the 2014 SB for another year.

Not really. Seattle had the matchup advantage.

Defense wins superbowls is a myth. Its more complex than that.

Look at the last 2 packers SBs they have played in. 97 broncos had a better offense and a worse defense.

Or 2010. Steelers had the best defense in the league.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Look at the last 2 packers SBs they have played in. 97 broncos had a better offense and a worse defense.

Really?
You're going to disagree that the defense won this SB for Seattle?
A pick 6 and another INT, two fumble recoveries and a defensive player won the SB MVP.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-...Super-Bowl-XLVIII-Seahawks-defense-highlights

I'll agree with ya that sometimes the offense is the game winning difference for other games.
But in this one the 'Hawks D kept the Broncos from scoring and winning.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really?
You're going to disagree that the defense won this SB for Seattle?
A pick 6 and another INT, two fumble recoveries and a defensive player won the SB MVP.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-...Super-Bowl-XLVIII-Seahawks-defense-highlights

I'll agree with ya that sometimes the offense is the game winning difference for other games.
But in this one the 'Hawks D kept the Broncos from scoring and winning.

Yes, really. It's never as simple as "the defense won the game" or "peyton lost the game" like you hear from people. It's about match ups across the board. At least that's how I look at it. Plenty of casual fans look at it as "defense wins superbowls". Each their own.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, really. It's never as simple as "the defense won the game" or "peyton lost the game" like you hear from people. It's about match ups across the board. At least that's how I look at it. Plenty of casual fans look at it as "defense wins superbowls". Each their own.

Agreed... but that's the way most fans are. Whatever is the latest "thing" is the best "thing" and that's the "thing" everybody wants or should shoot for. Funny how the latest "thing" just a few months ago that was "THE" "thing" was the read-option. Russel Wilson and this Super Bowl winning offense could not be further from that "thing".

RustyShackleford

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed... but that's the way most fans are. Whatever is the latest "thing" is the best "thing" and that's the "thing" everybody wants or should shoot for. Funny how the latest "thing" just a few months ago that was "THE" "thing" was the read-option. Russel Wilson and this Super Bowl winning offense could not be further from that "thing".

Except that it's not just fans. I hear more of that stuff from the various TV analysts than I do from fans (by a large margin).

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I think its fair to say THAT defense did a good job in perpetuating that myth Ivo. That was something else last night.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think its fair to say THAT defense did a good job in perpetuating that myth Ivo. That was something else last night.

1 game doesn't make a simplistic statement a fact. People like to jump on what is the popular trending comments on espn. The offense was efficient. Special teams came to play last night. Yet no one mentions that.

Last week peyton manning was everyone's greatest QB of all time. This week you have people wondering if he should stay on the broncos. I've seen some ask would they have won with tebow.

Great offenses don't win SBs (rarely, I see you st Louis). I mean all time great offenses. Denver, New England, GB, NE, and saints in the past decade have put up top 5 offenses of all time (SB era) when it comes to points scored. None won the SB. It's about balance offensively and defensively.

Packers won in 2010 to a team that was the best defensive team in the league. The steelers just didn't have favorable match ups.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1 game doesn't make a simplistic statement a fact. People like to jump on what is the popular trending comments on espn. The offense was efficient. Special teams came to play last night. Yet no one mentions that.

Last week peyton manning was everyone's greatest QB of all time. This week you have people wondering if he should stay on the broncos. I've seen some ask would they have won with tebow.

Great offenses don't win SBs (rarely, I see you st Louis). I mean all time great offenses. Denver, New England, GB, NE, and saints in the past decade have put up top 5 offenses of all time (SB era) when it comes to points scored. None won the SB. It's about balance offensively and defensively.

Packers won in 2010 to a team that was the best defensive team in the league. The steelers just didn't have favorable match ups.

That's what they were talking about on Mike and Mike this morning. There really wasn't one match up that Denver had on Seattle.

Members online

Latest posts