Personal 1st Round Prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am a film junkie when it comes to prospects. I tend to stick to my guns and bang the table for certain players every year, like I did countless times last year for Kareem Hunt who I compared to David Johnson. I'll post a couple more of these forums before draft filled with players I am confident will succeed in nfl and their breakdown through my eyes.

I'll start with a player I don't believe will be available but it is possible and if he is we have to draft him.
1. LB Tremaine Edmunds 6'5 250. Phenomenal athlete with sideline to sideline speed definitely a top 10 pick imo. He can play the run and is excellent in coverage vs TightEnds and backs. No doubt him next to Blake Martinez would make our defense more stout.
2.WR Courtland Sutton 6'4 225. He could be our replacement for Jordy and will be the best WR in this class when its all said and done. Many will be against drafting Sutton at 14, and TT would never of drafted him at #14 but who knows with new management. Sutton is Rodgers dream a guy who can out position the majority of corners in NFL throw it up and let him get it. Also if you watch his tape he is deceptively fast another similarity with Jordy.
3.LB Sam Hubbard 6'5 270. Giant reach some may say and I would understand that seeing the earliest I've seen him going in mocks is #24 to the Panthers. I would understand that if I didn't think Hubbard will be the 2nd best pass rusher behind Chubb in this class. Powerful man with powerful hands and can chase down backs off the edge pretty well. Could also be future replacement for Matthews.
4. G Will Hernandez 6'2 327. Second best guard in class behind Nelson. Could step in and start next to Linsley week 1, again people may say again big reach. But he has the talent to be probowler and can help protect our goldenticket QB.
5. CB Josh Jackson 6'0 196. My personal favorite and really hope will be our pick at #14. Another player who I think will be best at his position in this class. Physical and fluid type who finds the ball in the air very well. Can play man and zone with some pop when he helps vs run. Imagine King and Jones holding down the outside. I mean they could be the next Harris+Woodson for us. Come on draft Josh Jackson and make us all happy.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where do you get all your film for study? Do you record the games? All I can find are YouTube clips.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Oooh! Another Sutton thread. Imma watch this one from the sidelines.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Sutton would be just what Dr. Ordered and all we need to do is fill the presciption. Its that simple. I believe there is very good chance that Gute will pull the trigger on him based a lot on him showing action trying to upgrade the receiver position in free agency so aggressively. Jordan Matthews wanted 5 mill and Gute did the right thing as he can get someone better(Sutton) in the draft on a rookie contract and basically have an elite talent locked up for 5 years on very nice terms. This would be a huge acquisition when getting ready to pay your star QB 30 million a year and have us set for Rodgers back end of his career. Guess what defensive draft junkies? A move like this would actually set the Packers to have more $ next year cap wise to aquire talent for the D in free agency so its a true win win.

The pick just kills so many birds with one stone that its virtually a no brainer and I could go on and on. He checks all the boxes with a unique size speed combo along with elite short area quickness and agility for his size and he already has an "NFL body." He is a flat out beast and can either run over the top of you or juke right past you after the catch while maintaing balance and explosion through the move which is very important. His catch radius is elite and he can literally snatch balls at high point with one hand and make it look easy OBJ style. His body control at high altitudes is amazing and he knows how to use his body to shield defenders. He is more then a willimg blocker and does it well. As a junior he basically took a disater program and carried it on his back as a WR and helped them build it up to a bowl game in two years. He hits all the Packers marks for size, athleticism and production.

What does he need to work on? Some of his route running needs improvement and he dominated so highly that he gets lazy at times taking the ball into his body and not high pointing it. He needs to clean that up but these are easy fixes.

Lastly, he is a natural leader and a great kid. He actually could of came out last year but went back to get his degree. His teammates and coaches at SMU love him and would go to war for the guy. His WR coach actually named his newborn son after him. There is virtually no red flags with this kid. I have him as a top 10 prospect and if he makes it to 14 IMHO I believe the packers should select him.

hasamikun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love the Packers to get Sutton at 14 but we have a way bigger area of need at CB. No way they miss the oppurtunity to get some nice 1st round CB early.
But I can see them picking a WR in 2nd round early

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am a film junkie when it comes to prospects. I tend to stick to my guns and bang the table for certain players every year, like I did countless times last year for Kareem Hunt who I compared to David Johnson. I'll post a couple more of these forums before draft filled with players I am confident will succeed in nfl and their breakdown through my eyes.

I'll start with a player I don't believe will be available but it is possible and if he is we have to draft him.
1. LB Tremaine Edmunds 6'5 250. Phenomenal athlete with sideline to sideline speed definitely a top 10 pick imo. He can play the run and is excellent in coverage vs TightEnds and backs. No doubt him next to Blake Martinez would make our defense more stout.
2.WR Courtland Sutton 6'4 225. He could be our replacement for Jordy and will be the best WR in this class when its all said and done. Many will be against drafting Sutton at 14, and TT would never of drafted him at #14 but who knows with new management. Sutton is Rodgers dream a guy who can out position the majority of corners in NFL throw it up and let him get it. Also if you watch his tape he is deceptively fast another similarity with Jordy.
3.LB Sam Hubbard 6'5 270. Giant reach some may say and I would understand that seeing the earliest I've seen him going in mocks is #24 to the Panthers. I would understand that if I didn't think Hubbard will be the 2nd best pass rusher behind Chubb in this class. Powerful man with powerful hands and can chase down backs off the edge pretty well. Could also be future replacement for Matthews.
4. G Will Hernandez 6'2 327. Second best guard in class behind Nelson. Could step in and start next to Linsley week 1, again people may say again big reach. But he has the talent to be probowler and can help protect our goldenticket QB.
5. CB Josh Jackson 6'0 196. My personal favorite and really hope will be our pick at #14. Another player who I think will be best at his position in this class. Physical and fluid type who finds the ball in the air very well. Can play man and zone with some pop when he helps vs run. Imagine King and Jones holding down the outside. I mean they could be the next Harris+Woodson for us. Come on draft Josh Jackson and make us all happy.
Nice write up. Would love Edmunds, he is my best hope at 14. Agree with Josh Jackson. He will be a good one. After that, those would be some surprise picks at 14, unless you mean trading back. Hernandez is the only one who scares me. Something tells me he could eat himself out of the league quickly. But yes, his blocking is exceptional.

Lawdog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A very nice write up on all players. Keep them coming please. I like Sutton a lot. Give Rodgers more weapons. Also, plenty of picks here to move back into the late first round to get Jackson. Sutton, and Jackson would be two players that strengthen the CB and WR positions. This team does not need 12 draft picks move up to get quality.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
We already have two 20+ page threads about the draft prospects plus individual threads for several of them. We don't need another.

Status
Not open for further replies.