Penalties?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry but that is plain and simple a stupid thing to say considering the Packers have featured one of the most prolific offenses over McCarthy's tenure.

First of all the Packers are 3-2-1. They weren't outplayed by the Bears or Lions.

That penalty was solely on Brown. Nothing the coaching staff can do about a player being that stupid.

Once again, how do Belichick and the Patriots feel about that???
Or vikings

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've always liked and supported McCarthy. Lately though I feel like the league is going in a different direction than we are, and we're falling behind.

For any team that has Aaron Rodgers, if we don't make the playoffs that is a huge failure. So if we don't make the playoffs this year, you'd have to think McCarthy's seat would be getting awfully warm.
Yeah I share your sentiment. Actually I think his seat gets warm, or hot, if they don’t make a deep run into the playoffs this year. Interesting comment that the league is going in a different direction, and that’s clear from some of the rule changes that, in my opinion, favor the offense. Again, I’m not sure MM has kept up. Don’t get me wrong, he did a lot of good things. But with #12 under center for only another 4 or 5 years at best, it may be time to look in a new direction and at a coach that is thriving in this new league. That said, I’d be happy with a SB win and another year of MM versus failing and having to find a replacement.

Reaction score
I will say we made an improvement. Not a clean game against 49rs, but tolerable
I would challenge Slocum to a bet that he can’t get through 1 game without one of his players drawing a flag. Totally serious here

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would challenge Slocum to a bet that he can’t get through 1 game without one of his players drawing a flag. Totally serious here
You are old school, still in the early 20teens. Catch up man it’s 2018 :)

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you’re right. It seemed like there were fewer penalties against the niners, so that’s progress. The bye will hopefully give some guys, especially ARod, time to mend. They’re gonna need to play nearly perfect ball against the Rams and Pats on the road.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zookster, Slokster.. it’s all the same when it comes to allowing outrageous ST infractions. It’s like Deja Vu all over again ;)
The ghosts of Shawn Slocum and Dom Capers still walk the grounds at Lambeau Field.

Well, actually, I think Capers' ghost is up in the press box...

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The ghosts of Shawn Slocum and Dom Capers still walk the grounds at Lambeau Field.

Well, actually, I think Capers' ghost is up in the press box...
The last time I saw Capers and TT up in the press box, neither one 1) looked like they knew where they were or why and 2) seemed likely to go anywhere after.

I don’t know about TT, but yeah, it’s possible Capers’ ghost is still sitting up there. Let’s just hope Pettine doesn’t believe in ghosts!

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would prefer the D coordinator on the field. Then he could talk to the players face to face. Not the same on the radio.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think you’re right. It seemed like there were fewer penalties against the niners, so that’s progress. The bye will hopefully give some guys, especially ARod, time to mend. They’re gonna need to play nearly perfect ball against the Rams and Pats on the road.

The Packers still had six penalties costing them a total of 54 yards vs. the Niners while San Francisco was only called for two.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers still had six penalties costing them a total of 54 yards vs. the Niners while San Francisco was only called for two.
Progress, not perfection. And they still won the game. Looking for that number to keep decreasing after the bye.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
What's with all of the penalties this year? The Packers have been one of the best disciplined teams in the league going back years, but that's certainly not the case this year. There have been a few killer ones, too.

Here's where the Packers have ranked in penalties per game going back to 2010.

2010- 5th (5 per game)
2011- 1st (4.7)
2012- 10th (6.1)
2013- 7th (5.2)
2014- 8th (5.9)
2015- 11th (6.4)
2016- 6th (5.8)
2017- 9th (6)
2018- 30th (8.2)
It’s been awful and very noticeable. It needed to be a point of emphasis during bye week.

Members online

Latest posts