Peerless Price

GBnative

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Certainly would seem he would have a chance to be a big improvement over Thurman, and the Packers do have a roster spot open. I doubt TT will bother though, he seems only to bring in rookies.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure he'll go to a playoff team and not us, although id like to see him here since our WRs suck besides Driver.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
except for getting rid of Hunt and Thomas, and adding veteran(although useless) safeties. I think you're out of line there, JbShell. he cant possibly fix all of shermheads mistakes in one year. you people need to realize that. This isn't madden. There is no reset button.

GBnative

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously the Packers are out of the playoffs, and TT has to look to the future, but I am going to watch the last five Packer games of the season and they would be slightly less painful if Favre had another NFL caliber receiver to throw to rather than guys like Thurman that might not make an NFL Europe squad. I don't see how bringing in a guy like Price at the veterans minimum for 5 weeks would disturb TT's "master plan."

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why bother? unless they planned on hanging onto him next yr. let the rest of the guys we have get the PT.

GBnative

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why bother?, let me be more blunt, the guys we have now suck and it makes it painfull to watch Favre try to throw to guys who couldn't get separation from my grandmother. The season is lost, but a couple more decent plays, maybe even another win, might ease my football depression just a little.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
yeah sixone...

let them get the playing time...

and let the posters here rip Favre when he has sub-par receivers running the wrong routes...

nonsense...

(simple deduction musscy..et. al..)

Do you need good receivers to succed in the NFL? YES

Do the GB Packers have good receivers? NO

Can you deduce that having poor receivers may be a problem? YES

Is it all Favre's fault? NOOOO.....(i don't have to see that they are running poor routes..i know it...plus..you hardly see anybody open on GB)

simple...

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't at all mind him coming on for the remainder of the year. Imagine throwing out a legitimate NFL calibre 4 WR set again.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
We have no chance for the Playoffs. Picking him up would only help us get lower in the draft possibly.

i agree...there's nothing left to do but limp across the finish line and take our cracks at free agents this offseason

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It makes sense to pick-up Price now if we can. It would be a perfect opportunity to see how good the guy is within our offense.

We can't assume that our WR situation will be immediately better next year. Walker and Murphy return, but we don't know if these guys will be as good. Fergie's been struggling and Driver needs a compliment right now. Being in a situation with too many good players at one position is a good thing!

Another consideration is that there have been many times when teams finish a season strong and carry that momentum into next season. So picking up our level of play now to finish strong may produce a good movement for these young guys to gel into a good team for next year.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldnt mind having Price....But why wuold he want to come here? And if i was TT I woulndt spend money on him. I would save it all up for other years like he is already doing.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First, Peerless Price is a huge waste of a paycheck wo has washed out at his last several stops.

Second, yes, Thompson is keeping his ammunition dry, as it were. Why **** money away today that is better spent in the future for the future. He inherited an organization that was grossly mismanaged in both the draft, free agency and its player compensation philosophy. He is not going to unravel 3 - 4 years of a mess made in one short year.

He has injected youth/talent on the current roster, and will do so agaon with higher draft picks this year. Additionally, he will have the resources to pursue several important mid-level free agents and hopefully, put us back into a competitive state.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:
I wouldnt mind having Price....But why wuold he want to come here? And if i was TT I woulndt spend money on him. I would save it all up for other years like he is already doing.

Price's career is at a transition point. He was traded out of Buffalo, flopped in Atlanta and now cut in mid-season from Dallas. If he finished the year with GB, he'd be in a situation where he'd be the #3 WR (Driver, Fergie ahead of him) which means less defensive focus. He'd be able to show his stuff with Favre at the helm, who makes every WR look better. So this is a chance to resurrect his career possibly very quickly.

As for the cost, if he'd come to GB it would be for the minimum and he'd only be signed through the end of the year -- this is far from mortgaging the future. Such a signing would not impact us next year at all.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
price is nothing more than a name. and next year will make a big difference when walker is commanding a deep double team. driver, fergy, murphy and chatman will find a lot more room.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Out of Line Trom for what???? Calling TT what he is. A unworthy understudy of Ron Wolf. I am not impressed with TT drafting as of yet buyt I will give him two years to evaluate the talent he has picked up a luxury that no one seems to give Sherman. TT made no Moves I mean no moves in the offseason to help the Pack. He helped get rid of Sharper, Two O-line man (could have kept one) I am just not impressed by the man. At least Sherman tried to make the team better. He may have not done as well as I had hoped but he tried Mor than TT has.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey JB....Mike Sherman gave away the future for the now, and Thompson is in the first year of making now AND the future a priority.

Let Sharper go...he made an excellent offer to Darren who turned it down to go to Minny for not much more dough?

Wahle.....at what price? That backloaded contract killed any opportunity to resign him that existed.

How do you match the ridiculous offer made to Rivera?

No talent in the draft...well, how about:

The potential QB of the future whom none of us is in position to judge just yet.

Nick Collins sure looks like an impressive player with much room to get even better.

Terrance Murphy looks like he will be a solid contributor quickly for this team. Unfortunate neck injury killed this season, but don't forget what he was beginning to do when he went down.

Poppinga is a special team's demon and beginning to show production on defense.

Underwood has begun to assume more nickle and dime work and is projected to be a solid starter.

Mike Montgomery is beginning to show flashes of talent when on the field.

Whitticker will progress and become a starter for us. Just needs some seasoning and ***-kicking to get there.

Undrafted rookie Chris White out of S. Mississippi looks like he is going to be our center of the future.

So, not at all a bad draft from very premature indicators. Face it, Thompson is digging out from what took Sherman 4 years to screw up. Plus, because of Thompsons deft handling thus far, we will have ample $$$ to do with what we may the next couple years. Something never accomplished under Mike "Spend it All" Sherman, GM!!

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to mention that some of Sherman's defensive draft picks who were previously thought to be busts are starting to play better under Bates' tutelage i.e. Carroll, Barnett (though he was never thought to be a bust, just an average first rounder), Kampman and Peterson. This team is young and will improve.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are one of the youngest teams in the league right now....with much room to grow with some additional influx of talent.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
JD4shizzle said:
So, Zero, you're hoping they go 2-14?

Don't put words in my mouth, not even with a question mark. :)

Honestly, I'm hoping the other bad teams WIN and the Packers WIN. I never like seeing the Packers lose, never.