1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Panthers Release CB Lucas

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PackersRS, Mar 11, 2009.

1. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
  2. Onofr1o

Onofr1o Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    he would for about a year or two. Hes also 30 years old, on the decline and along the same lines as Chris McAllister who also just became a free agent from Baltimore. I would like to see either Ken Lucas or Chris McAllister in a Packers uniform.

3. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    He's going to want to start somewhere. He wouldn't start in GB. He's better than Harris, but Harris wouldn't be benched for any reason, I don't think.

4. pack4life

pack4life Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    If we're looking for a solution to our aging CB problem i don't think Lucas is it. He's 30 like Ono mentioned. I'd love to see him but I don't think he'll want to come to GB to sit behind Woodson and Harris at this point in his career

5. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    I know he's 30. What I meant was isn't him a solution to our aging receiver right now? People are doubting our cbs for the 09, they don't think Harris and Woodson will perform well. Personally, I don't think we need to adress this position right now, Woodson can play 2 more years, and although Harris can only play well in 09, Williams will play, and we got Lee in the 3rd last year, and he hasn't played. My point in this thread is, if we get Lucas, don't this allow us to adress OLB, DT and OL in the early rounds, and pick a CB later?

6. Aa-rodg_is_cool

Aa-rodg_is_cool Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We don't need another aging CB on our roster.

7. Catzilla

Catzilla Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  8. NormalSizedMidget

NormalSizedMidget Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    not to be too anal retentive but we drafted Lee in the 2nd. Just to highlight the point we have people behind Woodson and Harris.

9. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Yeah, my mistake. He was the 3rd player we took, so I assumed he was taken in the 3rd...