1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Packers WRs - Best in the league

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by GBXU, Aug 17, 2005.

1. GBXU

GBXU Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Easy there... I'm not making that claim, Donald Driver is and Walker has a heck of a quote at the end.

They are going to be awfully good this year. It's hard to see this offense finishing any lower than top 3 this season. And before you go doubting Ferguson just note that the offseason before Walker broke out he had Lasik surgery to help his vision, just like Fergy did this offseason.

Elusive Leaper
    [​IMG]

Speedy & Strong
    [​IMG]

Strength & Determination
    [​IMG]

Can't Cut This
    [​IMG]

2. ArizonaPackerFan

ArizonaPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    At times I think the Packers have as much talent on paper on offense as the Colts do, but the Packers aren't quite as explosive as the Colts for some reason. I'm not sure if it's because I overvalue the Packer players, or if it's the system the Colts run. But the Packers have the potential to be pretty good again on offense barring injuries.

I just hope the O-line starts to come together so we can use the talent at the skill positions.

3. GBXU

GBXU Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Here's something on Chatman for all the little guy haters:

4. GBXU

GBXU Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    At the expense of sounding like a homer, I think the OLine is going to come around. The bookends of the OLine (Cliffy and Tausch) are among the best in the NFC if not the NFL. Flanny still needs to get the rust off but hopefully that's right around the corner.

Most of the preseason, at least the first two games, Beightol is going to try about every imaginable combination of guards to make sure he gets it right. But while he's doing that all the fans are going to see is inconsistency and instability. Add to that Kevin Barry, I'm sure you read the article 'Zona on how he is in excellent shape this year. Once Larry finds his guys the OLine is going to go. Plus, much like the Colts, the Packers should be able use the pass to set up the run.

Another aspect is Luchey, reports have been saying that he is crushing in his blocks lately. :Evil:

5. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think that the Packers are the Best in the league. Remember last year when we went to play the colts we stuck with them the whole game. The thing that makes there offense better is the fact that they have better coaching on offense and also they in my opinion have a better running game. Not that they need it but it gives a defense somthing to think about.

6. ArizonaPackerFan

ArizonaPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I heard that too, but I'm kind of bummed that Leach got hurt. I still liked Leach's chances until he got injured. I still wonder if Leach had an indirect impact on Luchey, because it seemed like Luchey came to camp in much better shape than he did the last 2 years. It makes me wonder if Luchey felt a little threatened for his job with an up and coming Leach in the rear view mirror?

I still hope they only keep 2 TEs so they can keep Leach in case he doesn't win one of the 2 Fullback positions.

But I'll be happy too though if Luchey plays to his potential. If you could stick Henderson's head on Luchey's shoulders you'd really have a player.

7. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9

8. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Phil, I would disagree with your opinion. We have excellent recievers, the best group that the Pack have had in a long time, and arguably ever. But you are right, the Colts are one explosive team, and I would think that they have better coaching. And add Murphy to the list of WR the Pack have, This is one deep and talanted group. :D

9. CalifPacker

CalifPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Yea ArizonaPackerFan, I agree with you. This group of WR's could really explode this season. A lot depends on the performance of the O-line. The next few weeks should be interesting on filling those two positions.

10. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Speaking of Packer receivers, which of our receivers is the fastest?

Anyone know? I thought Chatman wa fast but I heard that Walker ran a 4.35 on the 40.

That is VERY fast.

11. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    Oh that was not a knock on the Packers offense. As a Bears fan I can't criticize any other teams offense. I just think that the Colts Passing game is as about as close to perfection that I have seen in a very long time (Chargers in the 80s!) I believe that if Manning had not been pulled in the 2nd half of so many games last year to huge leads that he would have thrown for 60 TD

12. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I would agree. Man only if he got pulled in the second half of the Packers game. :-? The colts do have excellent timing, and I would agree that they are as close to perfection as any offense. Hopefully, Pack group emerges to be like the Colts. On another note, Phil how is the Bears WR crops this year. They got Mushin, who is a class act. But how about their second WR? I would feel a lot more at ease if the Bears had an average WR opposite Mushin, seeing as our CB situation is not the best at the moment.

13. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    The Bears have improved that situation by dumping the whiny and non-productive David Terrell. The rest of the guys are very young but talented. They have two burners in Berrian and Currie. Currie was the fastest player in the NCAA last year in the 100 meters. Bradley looks like he can be very good (20 yards. per catch at Oklahoma) Wade has great hands and is turning into a great go to guy in the clutch, Gage has a ton of talent and plays very much like Randy Moss (long arms, great leaping ability) but without the attitude. I think that they could have gotten Ogunleye from the fins for Anthony Thomas and kept Marty Booker after the Rickey Williams mess. They cut Thomas any way and received nothing in return. Dumb.

14. net

net Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +62
    There's many good receivers...but Moss and Jerry Porter on one starting team is pretty scary. Can you "double-double" team?

Walker could play other places...but Driver I think is a product of the system. His skill is finding a seam and having great hands, but I don't know if he could play in the 'vertical' offense of da Raiders, for instance. Ferguson is tough as hell with solid hands, but a hair slow for some attacks.

The West Coast Offense thrives on short, precision routes and timing and the Packers have players to fit the mold. Walker is valuable because the defense can't sit down on the short routes or he will toast you deep.

15. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I agree with Walker, I'd hate to cover the guy. He's big and fast not to mention has good hands. Too be he has crappy friends like TO and Drew to bring his image down, well it was his choice.

16. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Good comparison to the 1980's Chargers, Phil. Damn, that was one scary aerial show with Fouts tossing big numbers EVERY week.

Air Coryell, baby!!

That said, top to bottom, this Packers WR group has to be considered one of the top 3 or 4...and perhaps the best! We will have to wait and see!

17. PWT36

PWT36 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Our group of receivers could play in any system and any team in the NFL and play well. The Packers really don't play much of the old west coast offense anymore, it has changed very much in the last five years that Mike Sherman has coached here in Green Bay. I think, Javon Walker is not like TO and his friends. he never had been a problem before in Green Bay and through the first three plus of Packer Training camp, he has been fine and doing extremely well in Training camp. if you would see him every day out at training camp, you would appreciate his skills as a wide receiver. There was little boy from Manitowoc who wanted Javon to sign his little Packer helmet, We called Javon over to fence, as he walked by during practice and asked if he would sign the boys helmet. He said yes and did so. Does that sound like TO. A another great year like last year by Walker, will silence all the Walker critics

18. eastcoastpacker

eastcoastpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    The Packers should be one of the best this year,on offense. Not many teams can compete with the pass recievers we have and the running backs we have.

This year may be the last year you see the colts play like they are,James is in his final year,and I think Harrison is in his too. I thought I read that somewhere on the net. Could be wrong about that tho. :kickcan:

19. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think it is Walker.

20. GBXU

GBXU Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think it's Walker too but it is definitely a very close race after that.

Ferguson is the strongest. And Favre compared his ability to Sterling Sharpe only stronger. For those who haven't seen it yet just remember that Fergy is a year younger than Walker and patience is a virtue.

Driver is definitely the hardest to tackle in the open field, he'll make you miss.

And Chatman has to have the best time in the shuttle run.

21. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Chris Johnson said Walker keeps in stride with him and probably faster. Chris ran the 40 in 4.19 look at his calf for the tattoo of 4 on the left and 19 on the right.

Walker is the fastest in my opinion from what I've read and seen. Driver though is someone who can leap a dang moutain lol

22. Chamuko

Chamuko Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I want to them crush the queennies Specially crush Sharper !!!!! He will have nightmares with 80-84 !!!! :twisted:

23. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Personally, I think Double-D could run with the Raiders... but I'd rather have him with da Pack!

24. PackerTraxx

PackerTraxx Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh that was not a knock on the Packers offense. As a Bears fan I can't criticize any other teams offense. I just think that the Colts Passing game is as about as close to perfection that I have seen in a very long time (Chargers in the 80s!) I believe that if Manning had not been pulled in the 2nd half of so many games last year to huge leads that he would have thrown for 60 TD

25. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Didn't Fergy get the lasik surgery cuz of that headhunting hit from Darius?