Packers vs Vikings 2022 Opener Game Thread

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of LaFleur overall but I don't understand how two seasons running your team can come out looking so flat and unprepared. I can excuse some of it due to injuries and big shakeups all around the offense; it's a bit more egregious when it comes to the defense though.

Not like Justin Jefferson was some unknown commodity. We've known for months we'd be facing him and obviously the Vikings would be making it a point to get him the ball. And to be fair he is perhaps the best WR in the game, so I can't really expect him to be totally neutralized, but still...I could forgive it if we sold out to shut down Jefferson and in turn someone like Thielen ended up having a monster game, or Cook or whoever, but really that wasn't the case and we seemed more or less content to allow Jefferson to do as he pleased (and Cook had a pretty decent game on top of that).

That said I'm not particularly panicked just yet. For a large part of the game I didn't think we were playing particularly poorly (not particularly well, either, granted) and had ourselves a few inches away from being down 14-17 at half at worst. Truthfully, I suspect if Watson hauls in that catch it changes the whole complexion of the game. That was a real gut-punch for momentum, too, IMO.

So I don't know. Nothing too much to get particularly excited for, to be sure, but not too worried yet either.

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of LaFleur overall but I don't understand how two seasons running your team can come out looking so flat and unprepared. I can excuse some of it due to injuries and big shakeups all around the offense; it's a bit more egregious when it comes to the defense though.
I agree, but I see some logic for keeping our starters from playing in preseason, then have them start the first regular season together, but I haven't figured out that logic yet.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as we have coach MF, anything that needs corrected, it will get done.
His W& L record shows that.
Yes. MLF deserves the benefit of the doubt to make corrections.

My slight concern is his lack of adjustments during the game and in realtime.

Just a minor gripe.

Its year four of HC, and I thought MLF was gonna make adjustments.

I thought he was going delegate the defense to make the proper adjustments after trailing at halftime.

It didn't happen.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, but I see some logic for keeping our starters from playing in preseason, then have them start the first regular season together, but I haven't figured out that logic yet.
Because the general thinking is that talent and "knowing the system" will supersede chemistry and fully understanding how to apply the scheme when it actually matters.

Reaction score
Hopefully we won't be without our presumed starting WR and both starting OT's this season. If we went out and took the 2 best OL and best WR from any team they would suffer, some more than others, but they would all suffer. We can't allow Rodgers to get sacked 4 times a game, that much I do know and several of those were on poor blocking.

The little bit I saw of Enagbare, he looked very fluid and strong. He translates but he just needs some experience. Zach Tom is another one that looks very NFL ready, I'd never guess he was a Rookie

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
GO SIGN ANTONIO BROWN WHILE HE IS STILL AVAILABLE
Still think that? You really want a guy that is trolling one of the few people who stuck up for him? That guy being Tom Brady.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still think that? You really want a guy that is trolling one of the few people who stuck up for him? That guy being Tom Brady.

Nice pics haha. 3 weeks ago yes. At this point no because it's clear we have far to many issues that signing anyone receiver can solve right now.

Members online

Latest posts