• No

Votes: 24 63.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
The final game of the 2016-2017 Campaign ends. I hope The Pack can salvage one last win to end with an 8-8 record instead of having first losing Season in almost a decade.

I just hope The Pack can make the changes in the coaching staff.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My gut tells me Capers retires although behind doors he is told to retire or be fired. MM knows his job is on the line and needs more from the defense.

For this game, I hold little hope but then again, Hundley has surprised in a few games. Hopefully MM calls a better game and plays to Hundley's strength.

Packers 17 Lions 27

Should be an extra nail in the capers career coffin.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the defense is going to surprise. They'll give up a ton of yards, at least 6 or 7 3rd and 8+ conversions, but they're going to cause a couple turnovers and keep scoring to 21 or less. I hope they play so well everyone is convinced Capers needs to stay :) even though he won't.

If receivers play better and people catch the ball so we can keep drives alive we'll score points. No way I want to finish this season on a 2 game skid against the division regardless of who's on the field.

Jed12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate betting against us but I think the Lions will take this one... especially without Adams as he hasn’t cleared he protocol according to McCarthy today. I’d like to see Hundley let it fly regardless as it will be the last time he will probably get a chance with the Pack

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can tell just how bad our team is and how unenthused the fans of the board are when it takes it this long to create the leading up to game day thread.

This is the game where the Lions will fight to stay above 500 and we are fighting for 500.
Let the pathetic battle begin!

Last edited:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My gut tells me Capers retires although behind doors he is told to retire or be fired. MM knows his job is on the line and needs more from the defense.

For this game, I hold little hope but then again, Hundley has surprised in a few games. Hopefully MM calls a better game and plays to Hundley's strength.

Packers 17 Lions 27

Fans have been calling for Capers to be gone for YEARS.
I will be surprised if we get our wish for 2018.
Packers seem to be looking at players more than coaches.
I expect that trend to continue.

Lakekab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish we would run the ball on every play. No pass game would be kind of cool, never been done before. We lose, so what.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fans have been calling for Capers to be gone for YEARS.
I will be surprised if we get our wish for 2018.
Packers seem to be looking at players more than coaches.
I expect that trend to continue.

Then the trend of not winning a SB will continue. This team isn't close to being a SB contender.

Reaction score
Our D played primarily zone against MN who’s a top 10 Pass Offense and we’re largely successful. We need to implement that again against Detroit.
The only mistake we continue repeatedly making is sending in a blitz package but letting receivers run rampant off the line (see Hawkins on the Diggs score in the corner of the Enzone) We had it mostly right with the man to man off the LOS, but then let Diggs run unabated and unharassed.
I’m 90% sure that if Hawkins would’ve came up last second full press and slows Diggs back a half step (.5 sec) of the LOS.. that TD doesn’t happen and we may have even accrued a sack or forced QB run for little or no gain.

OP
OP
Zartan

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
You can tell just how bad our team is and how unenthused the fans of the board are when it takes it this long to create the leading up to game day thread.

This is the game where the Lions will fight to stay above 500 and we are fighting for 500.
Let the pathetic battle begin!

I was kinda waiting for someone else to make one. Spread the love around a little but when as when no one did I stepped in.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
This is the least excited I have been to watch a Packer game in .....a long time. Do I want them to win? Of course I do. However, there is that part of me with an eye on the future that just wants the wheels to completely fall off on Sunday and give the fans and media the final "evidence" that leaves the Packers organization no choice but to make some changes. Not to mention a loss may be the difference between picking somewhere between 10th to 20th in each round of the draft.

Who will show up for each team on Sunday? Players with their bags packed, ready to start their offseasons or guys motivated to end the year on a high note? I think we already saw some of those checked-out players in the game against the Vikings.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to mention a loss may be the difference between picking somewhere between 10th to 20th in each round of the draft.
I was listening to the Locked on Packers podcast, and they were saying this is a weak draft, and it's not going to make that much difference in the area we end up picking. I don't watch much college football so I don't know if that's true or not.

They're not even showing the game on TV here, so that stinks.
Watch Capers see the writing on the wall and finally make some defensive adjustments. I'm a little afraid that a strong finish might save his job (shudder).

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I was listening to the Locked on Packers podcast, and they were saying this is a weak draft, and it's not going to make that much difference in the area we end up picking. I don't watch much college football so I don't know if that's true or not.

They're not even showing the game on TV here, so that stinks.
Watch Capers see the writing on the wall and finally make some defensive adjustments. I'm a little afraid that a strong finish might save his job (shudder).

I don't know if there is a "draft position predictor", but just my rough math and looking at the standings, if we finish at 7-9, we could be tied with the 1oth worst record. If we win, we could be tied with the 19th best record. No matter what happens on Sunday, I probably won't remember the game, but come draft day, I sure would like to be around that 1oth pick in all 7 rounds VS the 19th pick, no matter how strong or weak the draft is predicted to be.

Edit: This was the best article I could find on where the Packers stand as far as the draft.

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/...eek-16-packers-sit-in-a-tie-for-the-14th-pick

Last edited:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Call me whatever you want, but I hope Detroit hangs 50 on this defense. Dom has to go.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Call me whatever you want, but I hope Detroit hangs 50 on this defense. Dom has to go.

I'm starting to feel the same vibes. Reminds me of the last game of the season in 1988, where all we had to do was lose against the Cardinals and we get the first pick and most likely Troy Aikman. Instead, we won, finish the season by winning our last two games to go 4-12 and end up drafting Tony Mandarich with the second pick. Now I will say, maybe that all worked out, because the whole course of the Packers would have changed and I doubt it would have included #4 ever being a Packer.

If losing on Sunday is what it takes to finally purge Capers and wind up with better draft picks......Go Lions!

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our D played primarily zone against MN who’s a top 10 Pass Offense and we’re largely successful. We need to implement that again against Detroit.
The only mistake we continue repeatedly making is sending in a blitz package but letting receivers run rampant off the line (see Hawkins on the Diggs score in the corner of the Enzone) We had it mostly right with the man to man off the LOS, but then let Diggs run unabated and unharassed.
I’m 90% sure that if Hawkins would’ve came up last second full press and slows Diggs back a half step (.5 sec) of the LOS.. that TD doesn’t happen and we may have even accrued a sack or forced QB run for little or no gain.

It's been reported that GB played a lot of man coverage against Minnesota.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
No he will not MM has 1year left on his contract and it is doubtful he will make any changes in staffing until that time comes..

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was kinda waiting for someone else to make one. Spread the love around a little but when as when no one did I stepped in.
I almost did but just couldn't get it up.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

The enthusiasm for the thread that is.
No. Really.
I mean it.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is surprising to see that the majority on here, so far, do not think Capers will be fired after seeing so many in other spots who think he is going.

I voted "no" as well.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No he will not MM has 1year left on his contract and it is doubtful he will make any changes in staffing until that time comes..
On the other hand, if McCarthy wants an extension, it might be best for him to show that he can make the hard decisions (not that this is a hard decision, but it might be difficult for him personally to fire Capers, or (more likely) ask him to retire).

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
2 HOF QB's have spoiled me into thinking that our offense is good enough to win almost any game.

Dom Capers has spoiled my expectations to have a defense that can go out there (all 4 or 5 quarters) and be relied on to go out there and win a game or two every season when that offense has an off day.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
2 HOF QB's have spoiled me into thinking that our offense is good enough to win almost any game.

Dom Capers has spoiled my expectations to have a defense that can go out there (all 4 or 5 quarters) and be relied on to go out there and win a game or two every season when that offense has an off day.
That's literally all that we need. Just bail the offense out when it has an occasional off day. Or when it makes a couple of mistakes in a playoff game. Anything more than that, I would consider to be gravy.

pfcmsh

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Packers 17 Lions 27

Do we all think that MM thinks his job is on the line? I seriously doubt it. With AR he has done a decent job!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts