Packers vs Chiefs: Previews & Predictions

Gattocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cant see this game being a Packers blow out. We only had one win with a Packers blow out against the G-Men. 5 of our 6 wins we have won by 7 or fewer points. Thats why the critics dont like us very much. We win close and ugly games. I expect us to have trouble with Tony Gonzales like every other TE that has dominated our D.

I think to switch up the scoring a little bit, we need to get a turnover. We have Woodson and other playmakers that can grab an interception to give us a short field. Yet we play a bend but dont break D.

So i predict with no turnovers from our D
20-17 KC

Turnovers from our D
21-13 GB

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cant see this game being a Packers blow out. We only had one win with a Packers blow out against the G-Men. 5 of our 6 wins we have won by 7 or fewer points. Thats why the critics dont like us very much. We win close and ugly games. I expect us to have trouble with Tony Gonzales like every other TE that has dominated our D.

I think to switch up the scoring a little bit, we need to get a turnover. We have Woodson and other playmakers that can grab an interception to give us a short field. Yet we play a bend but dont break D.

So i predict with no turnovers from our D
20-17 KC

Turnovers from our D
21-13 GB

i think thats somewhat sensible.....our defense needs to step up and make a big play, i mean they have a couple times this year with woodsons fuble, bigbys pic, and barnetts pic vs sandiego, this may be one came they need to do it again

Reaction score
I had a dream last night about this match, and it might be appropriate to call it a nightmare.

I'll spare you all the details, the halftime score was 29-10 in favor of the Chiefs. Yes, that was just the halftime score. :-?

OP
OP
T

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KEYS TO GAME

[align=center]NOTE: PACKERSNEWS.COM POLL RESULTS[/align]

[align=center]Packers win by 10 points or more/by field goal 86%

Chiefs win by 10 points or more/by field goal 13%
[/align]

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071104/PKR01/711040668/1989

Packers at Chiefs: Three keys

Neutralizing TE Gonzalez

The Packers have done many things well on defense this year, but defending some of the NFL's top tight ends is not one of them. Kansas City represents an even bigger problem because along with perennial Pro Bowler Tony Gonzalez, the Chiefs also have a franchise halfback (Larry Johnson) and a good receiver (rookie Dwayne Bowe), so the Packers can't concentrate on Gonzalez exclusively. Gonzalez is 12th in the NFL in receptions (42 catches, 12.0-yard average) and has the speed to challenge on seam routes. The coverage responsiblities for tight ends generally falls on outside linebackers A.J. Hawk and Brady Poppinga, and safety Atari Bigby. When Washington's Chris Cooley hit the Packers for seven first-half receptions earlier this season, defensive coordinator Bob Sanders began using a safety behind Cooley for bracket coverage and occasionally lining up a cornerback on him. But Washington didn't have a receiver as effective as Bowe, so that freed one safety for help and another for playing the run. Perhaps Sanders occasionally will match a cornerback against Gonzalez for a change of pace. Look for Kansas City to try to match up Gonzalez with Poppinga as much as possible, and for Sanders to play coverages that will avoid that matchup.

Improving ground game?

So the Packers might have found Ryan Grant is the best fit on their roster for coach Mike McCarthy's zone-run scheme – he gained 104 yards on 22 carries against Denver, which probably has the worst run defense in the NFL. But the Packers have miles to go in the run game, because when they tried to run out the clock in the fourth quarter, they couldn't run the ball at all. Still, Grant gives them a strong, 225-pound back who runs decisively, which is paramount in the zone scheme. Kansas City has an average run defense, so if the Packers are making strides in the run game since their recent bye, those improvements have a chance to show up today. If they can run the ball OK against a decent front seven, then their entire offense opens and receivers Donald Driver, Greg Jennings and James Jones become more dangerous.

Chiefs' aging offensive line

The best matchup for the Packers this game is their front seven against the Chiefs' aging offensive line. Kansas City started the season incredibly slowly on offense, and even with one of the best running backs in the NFL in Larry Johnson, the Chiefs rank 28th in rushing yards and 30 in yards per carry. However, he has 231 total yards rushing in the last two games, against Cincinnati and Oakland, so Kansas City's ground game appears back on track. But several of the Chiefs' veteran linemen are in decline and the line is nothing like the dominating group that former left tackle Willie Roaf anchored for years. If the Packers' defensive line, which is a strength in talent and depth, can control play, the Packers won't need to score much to win. In fact, their best chance of slowing down TE Tony Gonzalez is by pressuring quarterback Damon Huard, who doesn't have a strong arm or or quick feet but is smart.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like how the one article describes the Chiefs' entire secondary as slow. That sounds like potentially a big weakness. On the other hand, if the secondary really is that slow, I wonder why the Chiefs are 4-3.

The Chief's QB sounds like a Griese-type, which is not too impressive, but Griese played well against the Packers and won the game, so I hope they don't take him too lightly.

Bottom line is I think the Chiefs have been playing a little over their heads and the Packers will beat them 23-13.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I had a dream last night about this match, and it might be appropriate to call it a nightmare.

I'll spare you all the details, the halftime score was 29-10 in favor of the Chiefs. Yes, that was just the halftime score. :-?

A DREAM?

A DREAM?

*****.... A Dream over rides Trom's passion.

Dreams are scary... I am dumping the the Packers and I am back to the Steelers for this weeks lock win.

Thanks AADP

RP

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think this game is going to be all that close.

The Chiefs are in first but have not had as many good, tough wins as the Pack. They've also played some pathetic defenses.

Pack by at least 10.

Robinson isn't going to be heavily involved, but I think we'll see a couple 4-wide sets or other ways to have him test the defense, if only as a decoy.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The key to this game will come down to the Packers HOF QB and his stable of WR against the Chief's DB.

GB WR are just amazing in the YAC category, and if it is not broke, do not fix it. I would like to see B-Jack get a few rushes and see if maybe grant's play did not inspire Jackson to play a little better.

I would really like to see a blitz package where AJ Hawk lined up right behind Kampman and the two power rushed from the same side of the line.

I predict
Favre is amazing.
32-44 for 400 yards and three TD

Hawk, Kampman, and yes harris alll get sacks.

GJ, DD, JJ all have TD

Koren has a big catch & a big return today.

Grant rushes for a respetable 15 carries & 70 yrds

GB 30 KC 17

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going with DH over AADP's dream. Dreams are dreams for a reason. If that weren't the case I just chased and ran over a grizzly with my 4wheeler the other night. LOL

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going with DH over AADP's dream. Dreams are dreams for a reason. If that weren't the case I just chased and ran over a grizzly with my 4wheeler the other night. LOL
My years as a psychiatrist tell me that this dream you had has a MUCH deeper meaning. The "4wheeler" is what you see the GB Packers as, the "grizzly" as the "Bears"........so you are seeing the future as us running over and killing the Bears! :wink: :lol:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing that scares me is, KC is coming off the bye week. Usually that team wins. But not ALWAYS! So i still have LOTS of hope!

Members online

Latest posts