packers @ vikings predictions.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am going with 38-21 Vikings as I don't see the O-Line being completely fixed. Adrian Peterson should run all day and pile up big yards on our defense. Percy Harvin could have a big special teams day as well possibly a kickoff or punt returned for a TD. Brett Favre will have a quiet game on the field but his name will be mentioned ad nauseum.

Rodgers will get big numbers but Grant will continue his struggles and they will be forced to abandon the run early. Look for Jennings to have 2 of the 3 TD's. Jermichael Finley had better make an appearance in this game but I leaning towards him being shut out or severely limited. The O-Line will give up 5 sacks total.

However Favre v. Packers II will have a totaly different outcome.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
38-17 Vikes

Peterson, Harvin, Jared Allen, they just have WAY too many weapons on both sides. Our only hope is if the Favre stuff is truly an enormous earth-shattering distraction.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
35-24 Packers, well I can dream.

Aaron is gonna have a breakout game with Jennings, Driver, Nelson, Lee, and Finley lighting up the Minnesota secondary. Grant is gonna get it going and start running downhill and rack up 150 yards Rushing. The O-line is actually going to give up 0 sacks!!

Oh, and Favre looks sad and old on the sideline.

Hope that is Homer enough for everybody. Positive thought and energy will help the Pack win. :)

OHIOFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that the Packers will win, but it will be close. I don't think that the O-line will protect Rodgers once again, but he will hang in there and get the job done. I look for Rodgers, not Favre to come from behind and pull the game out. Grant will likely continue to struggle, so the Packers will have to score through the air and off of Favre's interceptions. I think that Brett will throw 2-3 pics in this game and the honeymoon will be over. Packers win 31-24.:)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The Packers I think have been holding back the 1st 3 weeks just to let loose tonight.

It sounds far fetched but could be plausible

Even with that said, maybe it still isnt enough for the Pack to pull this one out..

I dont think either side can get a blow out who ever wins I think it will be a close game.

My head says Vikings by 4, but my heart says Pack by 2

FanOfTheGame

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikings 27 Packers 17
I hate to say it, but I have a bad feeling for Rodgers in this game. Not because he is going to play poorly, but because of a lack of protection from the O line. Rodgers isn't going to have the time he needs with Jared Allen and Kevin Williams all over him. And the running game isn't going to have much success against the Williams wall. I think the best chance the Pack will have at winning this one will be with their secondary scoring. But this is assuming Favre will be passing more in this game than in the first three. True, Favre threw more in the last game than in the first two and was almost picked off a few times, but the Vikings were facing a 49ers rushing defense which is ranked 4th. The Packers just won't have as much success stopping the run and Favre will be able to stick with short passes. I know it's not what everyone wants to hear, but I'm being realisitic.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's probably wishful thinking, but I just have a feeling we're going to do just fine monday night. There have been reporst that Packers players have been talking about this game since the bears game ended, and even before that.

My prediction is pretty wild, but I say both Peterson and Favre have a miserable day, but one of their receivers gets a 7+ receptions, close to 100 yds receiving and 1 td. Grant gets close to 100 yds and 1 td, and Rodgers plays well. 3tds 1 int, 3tds 2 int, 2tds 1 int, close to 65% well. We win it. Close, their final drive stumbles.

realoatesman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Currently going to college in Minnesota, but origi
Packers stomp vikings 56-0. Favre throws 10 interceptions, gets released, and retires for good. Rodgers throws a TD to each of the recievers. Grant rushes for 150 yds and 2 TD's, no sacks allowed by the Pack, Hawk and the rest of the defense have a huge game, before the game Justin Harrell makes a miraculous recovery and gets 5 sacks, A.D. gets held to negative yardage...the perfect game

GBpsyco

Cheesehead
Reaction score
24-21 Minnesota. Unless I missed something, we have the same O-line we had the past 3 games and our D cant stop the run. Nuff said

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am kinda hoping for a Vikings win on Monday, and then a Packers win down the road at Lambeau. This will kinda ease the tensions on both sides and nobody can point any fingers with myopic "I told ya so's...".

I'll predict Minnesota 33-27. Green Bay cannot stop All Day, but Minnesota will have trouble with quick-strike scores from Green Bay. I'm interested in the start of the 3rd quarter if the ball game is tight. I've seen Minnesota successfully adjust in 2 of 3 games this season at halftime and went on to dominate the second half. I don't believe I can recall a game Mac's coached where he's successfully adjusted at all. So, I believe the ball game is pretty much decided at the end of quarter 3.

Munny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My prediction:

Green Bay-
Offensive line gives up 3-4 sacks, 3 by Barbre.
Rodgers - 170yds, 1Td, 1 fumble being hit while passing.
Grant- 63yds rushing 0Td
Jennings - 1-2 catches, 43yds
Driver - 6 receptions, 1Td, 89yds

Defense gives up 200yds rushing, 220yds passing.
2 Int unless any are dropped.

Minnesota-
Offensive line gives up 2 sacks.
Favre - 220yds, 1Td, 2Int
Peterson - 169yds, 2Td

Defense gives up less than 200yds passing, less than 75 rushing. Constantly blitzes left side of line because the Pack has to rotate a FB or Guard over to help Barbre.

Our only highlights are Favre forcing passes and tossing 2 Int's, Both in the second half, and one early game drive for a TD.

Our defense tires mid 3rq quarter and Peterson runs wild.

Close game until midway 3rd quarter.

Minnesota 27
Packers 13

After this game the Packers management finally realize our O-Line is absolute crap and admit it.

own3dhs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
even if our o line is weak, why are you guys so pessimistic? let's be optimistic and hope for the best! packers #1 no matter what!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
24-21 Minnesota. Unless I missed something, we have the same O-line we had the past 3 games and our D cant stop the run. Nuff said

Both compelling arguments. When the schedules were announced, I had this one penciled in as a loss just based on last year's play and changes made by both teams over the off season. With the Vikes adding an experienced NFL QB, and a Hall of Famer no less, I'd have to be stupid to think that this addition wouldn't help the Vikies put a little more distance between them and the rest of the NFC Central. (I like the term Central better than the North).

So...while my head says the Vikes win by the score you predict ( 3 points ) ... my heart says that the Vikies have holes too and as such, it would be very easy for the Pack to pull one out by the same score IF they can actually generate some offense - that means the O-line doesn't get completely over-run as they have been. Since this is just for fun anyway, I'll have to go with my head because like it or not, the Vikies are a more individually 'talented' team.

GBpsyco

Cheesehead
Reaction score
even if our o line is weak, why are you guys so pessimistic? let's be optimistic and hope for the best! packers #1 no matter what!

Its not being pessimistic, its being a realist. GB will always be my #1, however hope and optimism dont win ball games, fixing the O-line and
stopping the run will.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
If the Packers do win, you'll see the entire state of Minnesota implode and storm the Metrodump's locker rooms and then parade around the Twits City with Cildress' and Favre's heads on a pike.

Whoever is left after the destruction will slowly realize resistance is futile and try to become Packer fans. They'll be turned away (IQ's too low) and have to settle for becoming Bear fans when the team is driven out of Minnesota to L.A.

Zeppelinelite51

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that is quite funny. But lets just say my boss hates my life and I have to go to work..what is that website again that you can stream all the packer games 4 free?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I'm certainly not going to root against them. I'll certainly be screaming my brains out at the TV tonight.

But the rational part of me, that can put my Packer fandom to the side realizes that Minnesota is better at nearly every important position. Save QB and WR.

Members online

Latest posts