1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packers trade up - Clay Matthews

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by pack4life, Apr 25, 2009.

1. pack4life

pack4life Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    From sports illustrated:

2. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    I love it. We got our NT and our outside linebacker today. I couldn't have asked for a better day one. I know that I wasn't the only one tempted to be rooting for us to take Crabtree, but in hindsight i'm glad we didn't. In the past i've been critical of TT's first round picks, this year though, I give him an A+. Absolutely fantastic draft this year.

3. Veretax

Veretax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    all we need now is an OT to replace tauscher right?

4. wizard 87

wizard 87 Old Enough To Know Better

Ratings:
    +11
    How many of you where here the last time the Packers played 3-4 ??? Same BS we had great backers and one great D-lineman.

I don't like giving up that much and go on record saying it will haunt us.

5. FrozenTundra1979

FrozenTundra1979 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll go on record saying this was a great draft day move. So we lost a 3rd rounder and dropped a 3rd to a 5th. lets looks at what we missed during 73-109 when we picked T.J. Lang and truthfully tell me that we aren't better off getting Matthews for any combination of these 2 guys:

OT Robert Brewster - Ball State
    OLB DeAndrew Levy - Wisconsin
    OT Kraig Urbik - Wisconsin
    DT Roy Miller - Texas
    DL Corvey Irvin - Georgia
    OLB Tyrone McKenzie - South Florida
    DT Dorrell Scott - Clemson
    DT Henry Melton - Texas

6. doughsellz

doughsellz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2

I think TT wanted to sleep in for the early part of Day 2. I like the Raji pick & Matthews may surprise us. I wouldn't pencil Matthews as starter (as the quoted SI article stated) just yet. Popp & Chillar, not to mention Hunter & Thompson are all competing for that spot.

Maybe this is insurance in case Kampman is trade bait. I mean, TT traded up into the 1st round. Now I know ANYTHING can happen.

7. Dizzle498

Dizzle498 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I have seen Clay Matthews play several times at USC, he is an athletic freak. He will be a better backer than Cushing who went before him. He has great instincts, he has been around football his whole life, and he was a consistent standout at USC where it is not so easy to do that. I love this pick, even if it cost us a little bit.

8. Aaron rodgers is god

Aaron rodgers is god Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +154
    the scout on packers . com says clay has the frame to get up to 280, 290 but they are not going to do that's how they can add weight maybe up to upper 250s maybe 260 so he can do better against o linemen

9. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +297
  10. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    I love when people resurrect old threads, because you find gems like this! LOL!

11. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +609
    He meant going on record to look like an idiot in 3 years. :D