Packers to sign OT Dennis Kelly

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the insanely full OL group we have this mildly surprises me, BUT depending on the cost is an awesome addition and really slows down needing any substantial playing time from any rookie outside of Myers really - even with Bahk out.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sweet, seasoned OT depth with decent durability and that hair. Never heard of him, don't know if he's any good, but I'm easy to please.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Glass half full- great sign- depending on cost- is the money coming from a Rodgers re-structure?

Glass half empty- our group of OL are not as good as we hoped.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Dennis Kelly was the swing tackle in Tennessee, but when they let Conklin walk and then draft mega-bust Isaiah Wilson, he got pressed into the starting lineup.

Kelly is not a guy you want starting in most offenses. I think in pure drop back situations, he could struggle. But in LaFleur's offense, all all the play-action and RPO stuff, he could be a fine bridge for a season.

The move makes sense as so many of the Packers existing options for RT (Turner, Jenkins, Newman, Van Lanen, etc) seem to be better fits on the interior. Plus, they could have to play games without Bakh.

D

Deleted member 6794

I like the move, Kelly will most likely receive a chance to compete for a starting job at right tackle. Even if he doesn't end up winning it he could provide valuable depth on the line.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Makes bakh look small haha...good signing likely ends up starting some games. Super deep online group in GB this year. Seems like theyll be hard pressed not to keep 10

Did rodgers give the okay?

He didn't have to...just like he didn't have to for them to guarantee his 14.7 m base salary and open up the cap space needed to make some in season moves...which I've been saying all along. They only needed his signature to void the final year of his deal

Everyone is saying that's all Rodgers got like its nothing but I think that's pretty big. Because now if the Packers wanna give love a third year to learn before they move on to him, they get nothing besides a 3rd round comp pick for Rodgers...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Makes bakh look small haha...good signing likely ends up starting some games. Super deep online group in GB this year. Seems like theyll be hard pressed not to keep 10

He didn't have to...just like he didn't have to for them to guarantee his 14.7 m base salary and open up the cap space needed to make some in season moves...which I've been saying all along. They only needed his signature to void the final year of his deal

Everyone is saying that's all Rodgers got like its nothing but I think that's pretty big. Because now if the Packers wanna give love a third year to learn before they move on to him, they get nothing besides a 3rd round comp pick for Rodgers...
It was allllll rodgers for cobb.

This will be a common theme all year

Get used to it.

*Rodgers approved this message *

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course its a joke. But now we know cobb was wanted by rodgers and has been in the works for few months?? some truth to it??
:) It appears Cobb is thrilled to be back and I'm glad for him. I think Cobb will be one of those valued veterans who contribute a lot to the team off the field and in the locker room as well.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:) It appears Cobb is thrilled to be back and I'm glad for him. I think Cobb will be one of those valued veterans who contribute a lot to the team off the field and in the locker room as well.

I think this is exactly how Rodgers feels...Definitely something to be said for team chemistry and winning the sb and it certainly seems Cobb is a huge boost in thst department already

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Get ready, we're going to see this after every single move the Packers make.
Just wait until Rodgers makes a few poor throws or fumbles. Or Cobb drops a pass or fumbles. It's going to get noisy in here.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I think this is exactly how Rodgers feels...Definitely something to be said for team chemistry and winning the sb and it certainly seems Cobb is a huge boost in thst department already
I'm hoping he can get Adams to put away that twitter bullsh!t.

Members online

Latest posts