Packers to sign OT Dennis Kelly

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this is what he was referring to. Just a Florio report, interpret as you see fit.

I see fit to interpret it in the way that best fits my agenda.

This is just one more instance where there really is a simple answer. The problem is that no one bothers to actually ask the question. At least they don't bother to ask the right people.

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I see fit to interpret it in the way that best fits my agenda.

This is just one more instance where there really is a simple answer. The problem is that no one bothers to actually ask the question. At least they don't bother to ask the right people.
That would require actual investigative journalism, a lost art to today's click bait journalists.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers told James Jones. "I gotta say the center, Josh meyers. For a guy to come in and be that comfortable, it's pretty impressive" when asked about an under the radar guy who can really help the Packers offense

This is great news as I for one trust Rodgers talent evaluation of offensive players...sounds like meyers is gonna be a good one and the Packers offense likely won't miss Linsley much. Sounds like the oline is once again gonna be a strength
Dodged one there. Probably should have had the replacement ready if Lindsley wasn't in the budget....

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I think this is what he was referring to. Just a Florio report, interpret as you see fit.

Wow. Real definitive, eh? Guess we must have Florio's cousin here on the forum.

D

Deleted member 6794

No where in that rapport quote does it say that Rodgers had to agree to the restructure. It says the Packers were scared to do it without Rodgers blessing for obvious reasons...he was already saying he wasn't gonna return to the team. They were trying to get him to return. Doing an automatic restructure could of been the straw that broke the camels back and for that reason they didn't do it

Look at Z.Smith, they did the auto restructure and he is now disgruntled...

And I clearly didn't blame the 6-10 on Rodgers...I said despite the record it was clear Rodgers had "it"... meaning he played really well despite the fact that the team took an L

The tweet by Rapoport mentioned that Rodgers refused a restructure. I don't know how it can get any clearer the Packers needed his approval to restructure his deal.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The tweet by Rapoport mentioned that Rodgers refused a restructure. I don't know how it can get any clearer the Packers needed his approval to restructure his deal.
I know what you are saying and I agree that it sure sounds that way. It is possible that they approached him about it and he said he didn't like the idea so they didn't do it out of respect. That would seem to contradict Rodgers' claim that the FO is so disrespectful though.

As far as tweets from media people we all know they are not the most accurate when it comes to reporting things like the truth or what was really said or done.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Call in to nfl radio pat Kirwin and Jim Miller moving the chains show and ask them or Jason Wilde and mark Tauscher show and ask them....

I've also seen numerous articles that have said they did not need his signature for an automatic restructure but they do need signatures if they add void years like they did to some other contracts

Rapaport was describing a situation in which the Packers didn't do the auto restructure for fear of further angering Rodgers to the point he really did refuse to play for them again

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Dodged one there. Probably should have had the replacement ready if Lindsley wasn't in the budget....
They proved last year they had plenty of capable players to be able to move them around. They have to take players they want and knew they could wait a year on a replacement. Even if it took a bit of time, Jenkins could slide in for a year. Not optimal, but they had a plan in place. I don't think they dodge anything. The FO had a plan.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Patrick can play center and they drafted Hansen last year.
I'm just assuming that they did not really see a lot in Hansen. It isn't like they went way out of their way to draft him either. Worth the shot imo

D

Deleted member 6794

I know what you are saying and I agree that it sure sounds that way. It is possible that they approached him about it and he said he didn't like the idea so they didn't do it out of respect. That would seem to contradict Rodgers' claim that the FO is so disrespectful though.

As far as tweets from media people we all know they are not the most accurate when it comes to reporting things like the truth or what was really said or done.

I completely understand there's no reason to fully trust media reports. That's my point though as it seems @thequick12 is basing his believe that teams don't need a player to agree to a restructure solely on talk on the radio. I haven't heard any team representative ever mentioning something like that at all.

I've also seen numerous articles that have said they did not need his signature for an automatic restructure but they do need signatures if they add void years like they did to some other contracts

I have asked you for a link to one of those articles in the past but you haven't provided any so far.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I completely understand there's no reason to fully trust media reports. That's my point though as it seems @thequick12 is basing his believe that teams don't need a player to agree to a restructure solely on talk on the radio. I haven't heard any team representative ever mentioning something like that at all.

I have asked you for a link to one of those articles in the past but you haven't provided any so far.
Its a pretty big deal considering it could involve many millions of dollars. I can't imagine just changing terms without consent when that amount of money is involved.

Members online

Latest posts