Packers to play in London

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bill Johnson was saying the same on green and gold today.

I know its not 100% but if it came off it would be one of the greatest days of my life. Up there with Being in Munich for England 5-1 Germany and the whole kids thing :laugh:

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

sae did i loon, thae wis an affa pair thon broon twins

i really should use my pc at home, i only really go online at work as forums are terrible on a phone. well home time be back tomorrow

Have a good evening

Joe Nor Cal Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, it seems we´re not going to play the Jaguars in London during the 2016 season.

http://jacksonville.com/opinion/blo...president-mark-lamping-says-packers-game-2016
Hey Captain you probably know this. Why is the NFL so hot on playing games in London? Is it just for the money? I don't know another reason a team would do it. Seems the travel and time changes would be physically disrupting for the players. I've done that trip and for me at least it was very hard to adjust on returning. Thanks.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I agree. Too physically challenging. There is certainly no benefit to the players. They can take a vacation in London and have more fun.

No, you misunderstand me. The Packers playing in London would be a GREAT success. The idea of a London based team would not. The fan base in Europe would make any Wembley game seem like a home game.

D

Deleted member 6794

Thanks yeah that's what I thought. I truly hope the Packers never play there. That's a good venue for a team with no hopes for a SB. I might be wrong. I just think it takes too high of a physical, even psychological toll.

While I don't want the Packers to give away a home game I would love to see them play a road game in London.

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Disappointing but not surprising.

A trip to Lambeau is a must for next season now though!!

Joe Nor Cal Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I don't want the Packers to give away a home game I would love to see them play a road game in London.
I suppose a road game in London would be interesting. I can't see them ever giving up a home game. The Packers would certainly be a big draw for TV across Europe and it could even be a home crowd atmosphere. Would be ideal to play it the week before the bye.

Joe Nor Cal Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, you misunderstand me. The Packers playing in London would be a GREAT success. The idea of a London based team would not. The fan base in Europe would make any Wembley game seem like a home game.
I do agree. There should never be a team in London. It would be fun and a big draw. That said, I'd only be in favor if it was 1) a road game and 2) played the week before the bye.

D

Deleted member 6794

I suppose a road game in London would be interesting. I can't see them ever giving up a home game. The Packers would certainly be a big draw for TV across Europe and it could even be a home crowd atmosphere. Would be ideal to play it the week before the bye.

Mark Murphy has repeatedly said that the Packers won't give up a home game to play in London.

Teams playing in the UK automatically get their bye the week after.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts