Packers to play in London

greenbay486

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers do want to play a road game here, will never be a home game. However teams, like the jags have demonstrated, are reluctant to give away such a lucrative home apponent to an over seas market. That's why the jags won't give up next years game to London.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see why the Packers would want an away game there. Its more or less a neutral field so any home advantage their opponent would have in their own stadium would essentially be gone and with the world wide following the Packers have it could be more like another home game. I can also see why opponents don't want to give up a home game against the Packers in their own stadium. It's pretty much a guaranteed sell out even if it is kind of embarrassing to have your own team out cheered in your home stadium.

Taken together it might be a while before the Packers play in London which would be fine by me. Sorry buggy and the rest of you. I'd love for you fans to get to see them in person but I'd rather see consistency in the preparation for the games. I don't like distractions.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I can see why the Packers would want an away game there. Its more or less a neutral field so any home advantage their opponent would have in their own stadium would essentially be gone and with the world wide following the Packers have it could be more like another home game. I can also see why opponents don't want to give up a home game against the Packers in their own stadium. It's pretty much a guaranteed sell out even if it is kind of embarrassing to have your own team out cheered in your home stadium.

Taken together it might be a while before the Packers play in London which would be fine by me. Sorry buggy and the rest of you. I'd love for you fans to get to see them in person but I'd rather see consistency in the preparation for the games. I don't like distractions.

You are forgiven ;)

Members online

Latest posts