Packers sign Preston Smith as well

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I posted this in the other thread, but let's post again for more convos.

Gentleman at work said Preston is a special talent but only shows it about 30% of the time. Said there will be games that it looks absolutely unstoppable and he will disappear for 3-4 games.

Well he did play for the Redskins which would be make me want to disappear a lot of the time

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well he did play for the Redskins which would be make me want to disappear a lot of the time

You wouldn't get that from the guy at work. You can be talking about anything and he will somehow tie it back to being a Redskins fan. It's almost more impressive than annoying at this point.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll go on record EVEN if both are studs, I fiscally am unsure of this personally now that we are throwing that kinda money at Preston as well....man.

This does remove any MUST draft positions IMO...but sadly this also means Breeland signing is less and less likely, if not impossible now.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Per Mike Renner:

Total pressures for all Packers edge players in 2018: 87

Total pressures of Z. Smith and P. Smith in 2018: 118

An intriguing part about Z. Smith is his upside and efficiency. He hit the quarterback on 25 of his 485 pass-rush snaps (5.2 percent), which is more than Kansas City Chiefs pass-rusher Dee Ford (4.7 percent).

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It will be very interesting to see what those franchised players eventually sign for. They have to be licking their chops to be seeing these numbers flying about

Well they may not be able to do much, except take the franchise tag amount or pull a La'Veon Bell and sit out the year.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Another reason I like the Preston Smith signing. New Packers ILB coach Kirk Olivadotti won't coach Preston Smith directly, but he worked with him the last four years in Washington and will have good knowledge of his skills and help Mike Pettine fit him into the defense.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll be honest that I don't really know these two players well. But man do I like that we got bookends. And I am gonna have faith in Gute. Now we can use the 12th on a great OT prospect and then do some filling.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's not forget the drive this put inside Fackrell for the year....I guarantee you that man has a fire lit in him to say neither Smith is coming in here with the sack title holder...I love the motivation of this to him.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's easy to get carried away.....Like being a kid on Christmas morning, and all the toys are shiny and new.

I'm trying to temper my enthusiasm, but there's a lot here to be excited about. This looks like it could be on of the most productive off-season days in a long time for the Pack.

We'll see how it translates starting in September....

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well they may not be able to do much, except take the franchise tag amount or pull a La'Veon Bell and sit out the year.

That's entirely possible but I'm sure some of them will negotiate longer term deals. It will also be interesting to see if Bell's sitting out the entire year will influence anyone else to do the same.

Let's not forget the drive this put inside Fackrell for the year....I guarantee you that man has a fire lit in him to say neither Smith is coming in here with the sack title holder...I love the motivation of this to him.

Fackerell was a surprise last season but I honestly don't expect him to be much competition for a starting spot next year.

Members online

Latest posts