packers should go far next season

Reaction score
1. The packers will be in a new defensive schemes with one of the masters of the 3-4. Dom improved jacksonville a 4-3 team who had 30 sacks in 1 year with many problems,sounds like the packers they only had 27 in 08. He turned them into a 50 plus sack team.

2- The packers should get some one solid and a vetran who can really sort our problems and give good depth in positions so we dont get hurt so much like in 08 , kullen ,Barnett , Bigby etc....

3 The sechedule we are playing is much easier then the 08 which should give the packers more blowouts and less close games .

4 The Nfl Draft . TT is a Genius here he picks some of the best later round draft picks ive seen throught his time here. You might hate his choice in the begining but the man knows what he is doing. Hes drafted DD 7th round Kampmon 5th , Tauscher 7, Jennings 2, Blackmon 4, jordy 2, His 1st rounders have been 50-50 Rodgers Barnett Good, Hawk -Questionable , Harrell BUST! so really his drafting has been really good he like to bloom players instead of Singing them.

5 Future Stars CAN BE! - Brandon Jackson, Jordy Nelson, Nick Collins, James Jones, Finley, Bishop, These are guys that I think can be stars later on for the packers.

6 The youngest team gets another year of learning .

7- All this combined Equals Superbowl :D :yes:

The Coordinator

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers is god wrote:

3 The sechedule we are playing is much easier then the 08 which should give the packers more blowouts and less close games .

It's always difficult to predict which of the bad teams will turn around the next year but the packers are set up very well based on the weak schedule coming up. The Packers are better then their record indicates and with an improved defensive and an even more improved offensive it looks like good things are coming up.

Aa-rodg_is_cool

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with everything you said except the part about the weak schedule. I mean look at the Dolphins 1-15 in 07 11-5 in 08 and the ravens 4-12 in 07 11-5 in 08 and the falcons terrible in 07 11-5 in 08.. so you really can't tell how hard or easy a schedule is gonna be before the season starts..

but yeah i'm likin the superbowl part :D

nelanator

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always hate strength of schedule comments before the start of the season because teams go from good to bad and bad to good every year with the amount of parity in the NFL.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron rodgers is god said:
4 The Nfl Draft . TT is a Genius here he picks some of the best later round draft picks ive seen throught his time here. You might hate his choice in the begining but the man knows what he is doing. Hes drafted DD 7th round Kampmon 5th , Tauscher 7, Jennings 2, Blackmon 4, jordy 2, His 1st rounders have been 50-50 Rodgers Barnett Good, Hawk -Questionable , Harrell BUST! so really his drafting has been really good...
:eek:

I have a problem with your revisionist history, just a little one though.

If by "DD" you're referring to Donald Driver - TT may have been a proponent of acquiring him but only in an advisory role to the person who actually held the GM position for the Packers at the time, Ron Wolf.

Tauscher was all Wolf though, as TT was in Seattle by April of '00.

Kampman was drafted in '02 & Barnett in '03, pre-dating TT's return to the Packers in Jan. '05.

TT does deserve credit for finding Blackmon, Jolly & Hunter in '06 & Jones & Bishop in '07.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you dough for straightening that folly out.
It amazes me how as time goes on how much credit TT gets for things that never happened.
The bottom line is, the Green Bay Packers are 31-33 in TTs 4 years at the helm.

Eclipse612

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Teams don't usually go 50-10 when trying to get younger. If the team's winning percentage does remain under .500 in the next 2-3 years, then you're right all the way. But you can't look at the wins in the middle of a rebuild.

Latest posts