1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packers Rumors

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Arrigo, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Arrigo

Arrigo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +18
    Hello all. I am Joe Arrigo and some of you may know of me from other Packers websites for my O.T.S. (On The Sidelines) blog/articles that are Packers (and NFL) rumors. If you want my credentials, please read my bio on my site.

Please feel free to go check them out at my blog site, joeslockerroom.wordpress.com (I cann't post the link yet, sorry).

I just found this site (a few weeks ago) and see some familiar names.

Joe

2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,481
    Hi ya Joe....

You can go ahead and post your rumors when ever you like..

While some ( maybe even me) will take your "rumors" with a grain a salt it is always interesting to read during the offseason

3. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,481
    I will post your last one this way people get an idea of you...

4. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    interesting, All seem plausible. Would like to see some of those become reality.

5. A1MEANGREEN

A1MEANGREEN Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    nothing like rumors to get a person going in the morning. i like it. and those are some good ones. keep up the good work

6. Hauschild

Hauschild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    Oh, no, it's Arrgo?!?!?

Ah, the painful, painful days between the Super Bowl and Draft Day - chock full of nonsense, spin and smok-n-mirrors.

I'd have to admit that for the better part of 5 years, I have followed all the rumors - even Randy Moss. Every year, TT does nothing. What's worse is the year TT made his only big splash, acquiring Woodson, nobody had a clue until the moments leading up to the announcement.

Feel free to partake in that fruity beverage if you wish.

7. DILLIGAFF

DILLIGAFF Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    It is a roller coaster and the worst of it is the fact there is not even hope that we will be able to address the O-line in all these rumors.

With the strong possiblity Peppers lands in Chicago (having no early round picks) and Kampman walking on to one of our rivals, thats 4 games of Peppers/Allen nightmares with same, older and more injury prone line we had last year.

I will always have the start of last season in the back of my mind (4-4 record) if we start next year with the O-line not being addressed.

8. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Chicago are the Redskins of the north.

They don't scare me, no matter how many FAs they get.

9. A1MEANGREEN

A1MEANGREEN Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    aint afraid of no bear lol:chisux:

10. Hauschild

Hauschild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    Kampman in Minnesota, rotating with Edwards?

That thought might be enough for TT to keep Kampman, but that kinda retards the growth of the team. Interested in how that one turns out.

11. DILLIGAFF

DILLIGAFF Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    As I have seen over the years, those Packers/bears games can be really brutal no matter how well either team is doing.

A player like Peppers with nothing to play for but to make a highlight real does give me some concern.

12. ThinkICare

ThinkICare Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    I"ll definitely be taking a grain of salt when reading Joe's rumors. They are entertaining to think about, not saying that.

13. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    I think the bears will target Kampman over Peppers. Like us the bears don't really spend too much in the FA either. Although they did make a huge trade for Cutler, I don't see them dishing out the same kind of attention for Peppers.

14. Arrigo

Arrigo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +18
    Fwiw, I hear Robinson is the Packers top target in free agency and a name to watch closely is Keith Bullock from Tennessee.

I also heard members of the Packers met with Campbell for a while but it wasn't an "official" meeting.

15. AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan Section 121 Row 47

Ratings:
    +339

Only the Bears have had some success in the last decade.

16. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Really? When? When they went to the SB and lost it?

Or when they threw the future of their franchise away by some well-calculated trades?

17. AllouezPackerFan

Ratings:
    +339

Sorry. I was being sarcastic. I was trying to mock Bear fans and did a poor job. My bad.

18. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Sorry, didn't catch the sarcasm...

But I find it funny, I liked the comparison I made.

I was actually worried when they got Cutler, and a little bit also when they traded for Adams.

Much like Washington was perceived as a good team when they got Haynesworth...

With their aging D, poor OL, and non-existant receivers, and with no early round picks, I think the Bears are 2 or 3 years distant of being contenders, at least. Despise of who they get in FA, they simply have too many holes to fill...

19. AllouezPackerFan

Ratings:
    +339

I really wasn't worried at all about Cutler. I was never very impressed with him, even when he played in Denver. Yeah, he has a pretty strong arm, but he's a loose cannon, a head case, and seeing guys like that makes me soooooo thankful that Aaron Rodgers is our quarterback. I can't wait until Rodgers gets the respect he deserves in this league.

20. Arrigo

Arrigo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +18
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Packers traded back picking up an extra 2 and a 3rd. I think they can get the player(s) they want a few slots back and a couple teams to watch are Cleveland, KC and St. Louis.

21. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    I believe that the best trading partner will be Tampa Bay. They have 2 high second rounders that could really help us.

22. AllouezPackerFan

Ratings:
    +339

Couldn't agree with you more.

23. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Trying to predict draft day trades is like picking next year's Superbowl winner.

You have some basis in doing so (needs, M.O.s of GMs, etc), but it almost never happens the way you think it will.

24. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    Indianapolis.

That wasn't that hard.

:Cheeky: