Packers releasing Jimmy Graham tomorrow

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean that isn't a terrible deal in all honesty. I was in the 3.5 a year range for what he was anymore.

He is gonna have a fire in him for our games for sure.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Jimmy gets the call from his agent!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

The Media reacts

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
They gave it a D....LMAO

I know really? Someone must have been in a generous mood with their grades!

The Bears now lead the NFL in tight ends under contract:

Jimmy Graham
Trey Burton
Adam Shaheen
Demetrius Harris
Ben Braunecker
Jesper Horsted
J.P. Holtz
Eric Saubert
Dax Raymond

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know really? Someone must have been in a generous mood with their grades!

The Bears now lead the NFL in tight ends under contract:

Jimmy Graham
Trey Burton
Adam Shaheen
Demetrius Harris
Ben Braunecker
Jesper Horsted
J.P. Holtz
Eric Saubert
Dax Raymond

Since you're copying people's tweets here, you should know the author of that missed a player.

;)

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I only see these TE contracts on the Bears presently:

Jimmy Graham - $8M
Trey Burton - $8M
Adam Shaheen - $1.47M
Demetrius Harris - $1.65M
Ben Braunecker - $1.35M
Eric Saubert - $690K
Darion Clark - $690K
Dax Raymond - $610K
ESTIMATED TOTAL NEXT YEAR IN TE COST CURRENTLY: $22.46M

Many list WR Jesper Horsted as well at $540K

Last edited:

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
is this a joke? is the bear front office off their rockers? oh...I forgot, haha clinton dix is still in the league LOL

H

HardRightEdge

So, in Graham's four Packer games against the Bears, his cumulative targets/catches/yards/TDs looks like this:

16 / 10 / 80 / 0

They didn't even look at their own tape.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If so, that's earlier than necessary, perhaps much earlier if not needed to stay under the Top 51 cap come the start of the league year. It's nice of the Packers, I suppose, to give him a head start in finding another team.

Two year cost for Jimmy Graham: $22.25 mil :whistling:

He'll land a job somewhere if he's willing to play for sharply reduced pay. If not, he'll retire.
I think he went to the Bears, two years, $8 mil per. That’s just nuts. Then again, it’s the Bears.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude just isn't athletic anymore. He lost the juice.
Yeah I mean he still looked good in his last year with the Hags, something like 10 TDs. And then something like 5 in 2 years with GB. I’ve seldom seen just a drop off. He seemed like an exceptional athlete, but man with us he had zero body control. An expensive mystery.

Reaction score
They don't need to be especially backloaded if those are the only things of particular note that they do.

When you start considering all of the other moving parts of lesser or greater note then it becomes an issue. Passing on Bulaga, letting Clark play on the 5th. year option, not extending any of next years free agents would be the larger issues. Crosby-like or lesser signings start to add up.

Anyway, I doubt they're going go spring for a high ticket ILB, Littleton or anybody else. Bringing in Kirksey for a look see I would take as a tell, Gutekunst looking for a moneyball move in a player unfairly discounted by his injury history. I imagine his medicals will be the main focus of the evaluation given his hamstring (2018) and seaon ending pectoral (2019) injuries. They may not like what they see in Kirksey when they get down to brass tacks, but it is an indication of where they would prefer to go, a vet to call the signals paired with a rookie without spending much cap (but perhaps a Day 1 or 2 pick) at the position.

Going all-in for one season rarely works out. Acting blind to what comes next amounts to a wing and prayer. And when it does not work out there is high price to pay.

Either you have to rebuild (last year's FA haul) or you have a winning core you are looking to compliment, but manufacturing a winner by spending to the hilt in free agency with backloaded contracts or trading away a bunch of future high picks for stars is a mugs game. The Packers are in a pretty good place with big strides forward last season.
It’s my Opinion that the answer lies in between. In the realistic scope of Rodgers current contract you’d like to align your resources because there’s no guarantee he will play here past that and that’s not even considering early retirement, career injury, etc.. Not to mention other factors such as a logical decrease in #12’s productivity within 4-5 years. I may not be “all-in”.. but I’d definitely be in “more-in”mind sight .

While I think the Mack trade was over the top some (multiple seasons top selections) I would not be opposed to using 1 selection from next year IF the right deal was there.
We could package a day 2 selection from the 2021 draft to move up substantially day 2. I’m not suggesting this as a blanket proposal, but just another avenue to be prepared of someone slips into day 2 that we have graded as a 1st rounder. A Similar concept to the Spriggs trade but using a next years 2nd rounder (plus maybe a current day 3 selection) while holding onto our current year 3rd rounder.

We can be aggressive without being “Khalil Mack” aggressive.

PS. I could never understand why Gutenkubat said he was most excited after they spent 3 draft picks for Spriggs. He like he played all 4 seasons at a Big Ten school (IN) very athletic and can play multiple positions on the line. Then they try him at OT and basically give up on him? Weird.

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s my Opinion that the answer lies in between. In the realistic scope of Rodgers current contract you’d like to align your resources because there’s no guarantee he will play here past that and that’s not even considering early retirement, career injury, etc.. Not to mention other factors such as a logical decrease in #12’s productivity within 4-5 years.

While I think the Mack trade was over the top some (multiple seasons top selections) I would not be opposed to using 1 selection from next year IF the right deal was there.
We could package a day 2 selection from the 2021 draft to move up substation in day 2. I’m not suggesting this as a blanket proposal, but just another avenue to be prepared of someone slips into day 2 that we have graded as a 1st rounder. A Similar concept to the Spriggs trade but using a next years 2nd rounder (plus maybe a current day 3 selection) while holding our current year 3rd rounder.

We can be aggressive without being “Khalil Mack” aggressive.

PS. I could never understand why Gutenkubat said he was most excited after they spent 3 draft picks for Spriggs. He like he played all 4 seasons at a Big Ten school (OK) very athletic and can play multiple positions on the line. Then they try him at OT and basically gives up on him? Weird.
Yeah but in fairness Spriggs had 3 years to prove himself. Or are you saying he was played out of position?

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I was of the opinion that Rodgers is in a slow slide into mediocrity or worse I might agree with you. I do not believe he is so I can't agree with the rest. I happen to believe he played a lot better last season than the consensus or fanatasy stats would have it, very good actually.
We’ve come to expect so much from Rodgers, that an “average” year for him would be a career year for most other starting QBs. Well Hooper and Littleton are off the board now, and they were too expensive. Gluten played it right. Now give Rodgers another weapon or two in the WR group, and it should shape up to be a good year. If we have a year that is.....

H

HardRightEdge

I think he went to the Bears, two years, $8 mil per. That’s just nuts. Then again, it’s the Bears.
Somehow Jimmy Graham got admission to an exclusive club, joining Sammy Watkins and a few others, guys who keep getting contracts toward the top of the pay scale when nobody can quite figure out why.

Members online

Latest posts