1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packers Pro Bowl Impressions

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by NYPacker, Jan 31, 2010.

1. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    I know that it's a meaningless game but i wanted to know about your thoughts about how our boys fare with the best of the best. For instance Rodgers actually getting to play with an o-line that can actually protect. Personally i think Rodgers is still holding that ball too long. That sack was totally preventable. I wonder if this is a problem that will ever be fixed.

2. red4tribe

red4tribe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +437
    I'm not taking Rodgers performance during this game seriously. He was probably looking to go deep and wasn't too concerned about being sacked.

3. Hauschild

Hauschild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    Rodgers looks like he always does playing, which is to say pretty good. But, it is the Pro Bowl. He would have gotten planted by Ellis on the ensuing TD throw.

Being a QB in these games is like shootin' fish in a barrel. :)

4. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    Rodgers has been looking good I hope he wins the ProBowl MVP :)

5. JamesCA

JamesCA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Rodgers is looking even better compared to McNabb. Schaub was basically throwing to his own teammate so they should have good timing. Garrard looks terrible.

6. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Very true, Mcnabb was getting the ball out in less than 3 seconds but at least 5 of his passes were nearly intercepted along with 1 that was called back. I can see why Rodgers holds onto to the ball, it's to be safe and not cause a turnover. I guess its better to be safe than sorry.

7. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    It's a meaningless game, I'm only watching it because of Rodgers.

It shouldn't be taken serious, without the pass rush and scheme complications.

It's astonishing, however, the difference between Rodgers and the rest of the guys. Well, like one said, Schaub played pretty well, handling the ball to CJ and passing to his teammate, which so happens to be the #2 Wr in the league.

It goes to show that there's only a handful of great qbs in the league right now, and that we're pretty fortunate to have him.

8. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    These series of laterals were great, though. Best play of the pro bowl...

9. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Yeah that's very true. I'm already content with the amount of pose and potential that Rodgers has at this point. Can't wait till next season! Rodgers for MVP!

10. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    I was particularly interested in his poise in the huddle. There were some talks about him noit being a real leader... The guy commands respect!

11. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,802
    He gets sacked because A) He can't find an open receiver and B) The O line fails him. I don't think A-Rod is the problem. So what else can he do?
    As always, the commentators say the same things. They are amazed at how good he is yet he'd be better with protection.
    So he'd goddamn better have a better O-line next season.
    :rules2:

12. AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan Section 121 Row 47

Ratings:
    +339

Totally true. Most guys don't really go all out in this game. Invariably receivers always seem to be open. His TD pass to Steve Smith was pretty sweet though. I watched....I enjoyed watching Rodgers play. Other than that, a pretty uninteresting game for me.