Packers Pash Rush

favre2driver

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We were rushing the passer well first 10 weeks of the season. Then, all of a sudden we weren't getting any pressure on the passer. It was noticeable last Sunday. Manning had all day? Is Kampman losing his speed or something?
Will we draft a DE this year?

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
Johnny Jolly!!

heh, or least I hope so.

KGB came up pretty big a couple of times with pressure and a sack in the giants game though.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The pass rush definitely fell off at the end. It's something that the coaching staff needs to take a long, hard look at in the off-season. The injuries to Jolly and Cole didn't help, as it shortened the DT rotation. But I wonder if Kampman got a little worn down at the end. He's on the field for every snap, and he works hard out there, going up against guys who are bigger than him. Mike Montgomery came back from injury halfway through the season and got significant playing time, but had no impact whatsoever. So maybe we need another quality DE for the rotation.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said this before in a previous thread but Kampy wears down towards the end of a season, due to exhaustion, injuries and teams game planning for him. I think if a decent DE comes up in Round1 we grab him.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Packers Pass Rush

Try this, look at the injury report when Kampman first hurt his Back, then look at the stats prior and post that point.. no one is pointing to it as an excuse, but performance speaks itself. Everyone is pointing toward getting tired.. but Kampy sat out the last game and had the bye week to rest, I don't buy that it was being worn down as much as injury. IMO.

Second part, we are weak in the rotation at DE and need more depth there. Personally, if we didn't experience so many injuries in the interior of the line, I would have rotated Williams out to the Elephant end and spell Kampy more towards the middle and the end of the season.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Packers Pass Rush

Try this, look at the injury report when Kampman first hurt his Back, then look at the stats prior and post that point.. no one is pointing to it as an excuse, but performance speaks itself. Everyone is pointing toward getting tired.. but Kampy sat out the last game and had the bye week to rest, I don't buy that it was being worn down as much as injury. IMO.

Second part, we are weak in the rotation at DE and need more depth there. Personally, if we didn't experience so many injuries in the interior of the line, I would have rotated Williams out to the Elephant end and spell Kampy more towards the middle and the end of the season.

I forgot about the back injury. Good point there. But I think he wore down a bit at the end of last season too. In either case, a new DE for the rotation might be a big help. I think Tiger may be right, that if a good DE comes up in the first round, Thompson should pick him.

Members online

Latest posts