Packers Official Schedule For 2023

Reaction score
I certainly don’t want to rain on anyones parade of optimism. We never want to speak to our own demise. It’s just an extremely hard year for me to feel good about going above .500. I hope we do, but when I look at our Rodgers 2008 transition I’m reminded of reality. A Rodgers led team won 6 contests (16 Games) We’d do really well to Win 7-8 contests imo.
If Jordan Love Wins 8+ Contests, I’d be absolutely thrilled because he’s still got his best football ahead of him. Not to mention we’ve likely got another 11-12 draft selections in 2024 and roughly $35 million+ FA play money next season

My expectation is 5-7 Wins right now
I’m going to bump that 1 because of an easier schedule for once, 17 games and 9 home games helps
6-8 Wins (7-10)

Last edited:

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I certainly don’t want to rain on anyones parade of optimism. We never want to speak to our own demise. It’s just an extremely hard year for me to feel good about going above .500. I hope we do, but when I look at our Rodgers 2008 transition I’m reminded of reality. A Rodgers led team won 6 contests (16 Games) We’d do really well to Win 7-8 contests imo.
If Jordan Love Wins 8+ Contests, I’d be absolutely thrilled because he’s still got his best football ahead of him. Not to mention we’ve likely got another 11-12 draft selections in 2024 and roughly $35 million+ FA play money next season

I’m going to bump that 1 because of an easier schedule for once, 17 games and 9 home games helps
6-8 Wins (7-10)
Shirley you cant be serious...lol

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is official. The Packers get 5 prime time games (same as the Jets). The NFL schedulers are more optimistic about Jordan Love than some people here.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers have 8 home games, 9 away.
That's two years in a row of eight home and 9 away, and yes London is an away game. They damn well better have nine home games next season. As much as home games mean to every team, they mean even more to the league's smallest market.

Reaction score
Shirley you cant be serious...lol
Actually I am. But please..
don’t call me Shirley
It’s Roger. Roger?

Prepare for Takeoff
To Let Love be our Pilot is better than Never having Love at all

Jordan is Landing In Jordan
What’s our vector Victor?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

3 "easier" games to open the season, 4-1 at the bye, a rougher stretch in November/early December. Close-out the regular season with a 5 game win streak. I'll call it now, 10-8 (or better) and a playoff spot.

I would be absolutely shocked if the Packers enter the bye week at 4-1.

Surprised the NFL didn't use the 17th game as TBD and then they schedule whatever they want to ensure storylines they want. Gooddell would probably throw a v1rg1n in a volcano to get a Jets / Packers matchup this year.

The NFL can't randomly chose opponents for the 17th game based on their likings. According to the schedule formula teams play that additional games against a non-conference opponent from a division the team isn't scheduled to play and is based on the division ranking from the previous season with teams that finished in the same place in their respective division facing off against each other.

With the Packers finishing third and the Jets last in their respective divisions there was no way for them to play each other this season.

It is official. The Packers get 5 prime time games (same as the Jets). The NFL schedulers are more optimistic about Jordan Love than some people here.

You need to realize the NFL has the option to flex two of those games out of Sunday night if the Packers end up struggling.

That's two years in a row of eight home and 9 away, and yes London is an away game.

It's actually the third year in a row the Packers will have played nine games away from Lambeau.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

6-8 Wins (7-10)
I think 2008 could have been coached better as well. We lost a number of tough, close games that season even at home. Lost at home to Carolina. At Jacksonville when they were no good. And we fumble away a game at Soldier field as Crosby also has a chip shot blocked. Crosby also missed a crucial FG in the old Metrodome and we lost that one. It was frustrating because we were 2-0. But that is in the past.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Finally a thanksgiving game.

On paper the schedule favors Love really well. The toughest games will be At Vikings, At home against the Chiefs, Chargers and at Lions.

We should be able to beat Saints, Falcons, Bucs, Panthers, Broncos, Raiders and Giants. If we manage a 10-7 record that might be enough to sneak as an 7th Seed.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
The NFL can't randomly chose opponents for the 17th game based on their likings.
Sure they can but didn't. They went with a formula instead of "what gets us more ratings this season" type of scheduling. No reason they had to go with "a team in the other conference we didn't play last season and won't next" schedule. Just easier to figure out this way.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

On paper the schedule favors Love really well. The toughest games will be At Vikings, At home against the Chiefs, Chargers and at Lions.

We should be able to beat Saints, Falcons, Bucs, Panthers, Broncos, Raiders and Giants. If we manage a 10-7 record that might be enough to sneak as an 7th Seed.
I remember last year when the schedule came out, it seemed awesome to be playing the NFC East teams. Turns out, they were all much better in 2022 than they were in 2021. That said, I look at the 2022 NFC South and they look like the 2021 NFC East. Always tough to know a strength of schedule, until about half way into the season.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You need to realize the NFL has the option to flex two of those games out of Sunday night if the Packers end up struggling.
Yeah but the fact that they gave the Packers 3 unflex-able prime time games says they are optimistic about Love. In addition they still decided to give the Packers the other 2 games right now, instead of waiting for Love to prove himself and then flexing those last 2 games into prime-time slots.

SudsMcBucky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah but the fact that they gave the Packers 3 unflex-able prime time games says they are optimistic about Love. In addition they still decided to give the Packers the other 2 games right now, instead of waiting for Love to prove himself and then flexing those last 2 games into prime-time slots.

I think that says more about the brand that is the GBP than it says about Love.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I think that says more about the brand that is the GBP than it says about Love.
I agree, but would add that it is also a big story line, "The Green Bay Packers without Rodgers". If the Packers stink it up this season, I would expect the number of 2024 Prime Time games to drop.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are more prime time games than I thought there would be. I hope we’re up to the task.

Reaction score
Jets open the Season on Monday Night at home playing the Bills

That’ll be a good game

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure they can but didn't. They went with a formula instead of "what gets us more ratings this season" type of scheduling. No reason they had to go with "a team in the other conference we didn't play last season and won't next" schedule. Just easier to figure out this way.

This. This is what I meant.

When expanding to 17 they could have easily just said 16 games are with this formula and 17th TBD.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't remember where I posted the pre-draft win odds before the draft, but here are the most recent.
Detroit- 9.5
Minnesota- 8.5
Green Bay- 7.5
Chicago- 7.5
are the over/unders on FanDuel.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We love your optimism. Let us just cheer one week at a time. That losing streak we had in 2022 was like a disease. We do not know how we contracted it nor how we could get rid of it. Be prepared for some bumps in the road and a few flat tires.

Shanghai Pack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree some of those games should be winnable but a few are actually quite hard. One thing I notice is most people tend to think about strength of schedule only in terms of the opponent's record last year. That's typically how it's mentioned on sites like NFL.com for example. But it's all a bit myopic to me, because a team's record last year doesn't usually track with what their record will be this year. The Vikings were statistically a 7-10 team masquerading as a 13-4 squad. If you treat them off record, yeah, wow, they look really tough, especially on the road. If you go by other stats and metrics, it's not really that intimidating.

Two things I looked for in the schedule release were back to back road games for us and our opponent. I think stats have any given game being 52-48 in favor of the home team, but that changes to 60-40 if the road team is playing its second straight road game, so it's definitely a thing that impacts games in a noticeable way. The Packers play back to back road games twice this season and the second games are Week 2 in Atlanta and Week 17 in Minnesota. Now of course both games are winnable still but the scheduling has made those games quite harder for us than they normally would have been. I think both have to be considered to be likely losses.

On the flip side, we're getting four opponents this year in Lambeau who played a road game the week before. The Saints, Rams, Chiefs, and Bucs. The schedule has given us a bit more of a chance in each game thanks to that.

The other thing to look at is to compare the amount of rest teams have before the game. You generally think of a team coming off a bye week to have some inherit advantages than a team who just played given the more time to prep and heal up banged up players. The Packers have two games, both on the road, against teams this year where we have a rest disadvantage. We play the Steelers in week 10 after the Steelers will have done the Thursday night game in Week 9, giving them three extra days than us for our game. The worse one is the Giants game in week 14 as the Giants have a bye in week 13 but we play. Both games are going to be much harder than normal due to that.

The Packers have rest advantages of three extra days against the Raiders (road), Broncos (road) and Chiefs (home). The Broncos is our game after the bye but the Broncos play on Thursday night the previous week and gain some of the time difference back. Hopefully we'll have a bit more of a chance in those games.

My bottom line is, not knowing how the team will come together, or play, especially Love, and only looking at the schedule as made, I think we've been given a few schedule losses (Falcons, Steelers, Giants) and a few schedule wins (Bucs, Rams, Saints, Raiders). The game we have the biggest scheduling advantages with is the Chiefs game given the extra rest and that it's at home and the Chiefs will be playing back to back road games. That might be this season's 'how in the heck are we winning this' game, but it is the Chiefs, so...

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
GO TO CHURCH!! Burns a couple of hours especially if you need to dress the kids first.
Ah... but later on, 4:30 p.m. Saturday Mass satisfied the Sunday obligation. Which was handy when we discovered the Wisconsin reality of Saturday night beer.

I have to admit that I'm kind of selfish being in the local TV market - whereas Nationally televised games USED to be a big deal to a young Weeds, now, I'd take the noon game and wouldn't squawk too loud about the 3:25 pm kickoff, solely because I get all wound up during prime-time games and end up not sleeping for sh*t. Thus, work the next day is an exercise in futility.

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ah... but later on, 4:30 p.m. Saturday Mass satisfied the Sunday obligation. Which was handy when we discovered the Wisconsin reality of Saturday night beer.

I have to admit that I'm kind of selfish being in the local TV market - whereas Nationally televised games USED to be a big deal to a young Weeds, now, I'd take the noon game and wouldn't squawk too loud about the 3:25 pm kickoff, solely because I get all wound up during prime-time games and end up not sleeping for sh*t. Thus, work the next day is an exercise in futility.
I am hoping to make the journey for Love's first home start this September. I just hope he survives Week 1 and 2 on the road.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's just wild how the Packers draw an audience from all over America (and probably the world). Just a little town in WI with the shrine of football in its backyard.

Now if the Packers revert to their 70s and 80s versions, these prime time slots will dry up. I don't see that happening. Love has two years to prove himself and it will be fun to watch. And for the first time in a few years, we can enjoy a season absent the drama that Rodgers creates. and it's not just Love I'll be watching, but MLF as well. It is totally his team now. Time to see what he's got.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's two years in a row of eight home and 9 away, and yes London is an away game. They damn well better have nine home games next season. As much as home games mean to every team, they mean even more to the league's smallest market.
I thought the road home/games were supposed to alternate each year - so if the Packers played 9 road games last year, they should play 9 home games this year. Is that not true?

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember last year when the schedule came out, it seemed awesome to be playing the NFC East teams. Turns out, they were all much better in 2022 than they were in 2021. That said, I look at the 2022 NFC South and they look like the 2021 NFC East. Always tough to know a strength of schedule, until about half way into the season.
Yeah things change quickly in the NFL. The NFC East has been a reliable weak conference for years. No more. As for the South, well they'll be better than last year. Saints look good and the Panthers have a rumored franchise QB. So we can't count the wins just yet.

Members online

Latest posts