Packers now in the wild card spot lol

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
wow...the guy who after the 1st game of the year in 2014, said, this is not a playoff team..

to being happy they are wild card?

your not the one we all come to expect to be negative nancy

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow...the guy who after the 1st game of the year in 2014, said, this is not a playoff team..

to being happy they are wild card?

your not the one we all come to expect to be negative nancy

Even when it was bad ...and it got bad. I said the Packers would get into the playoffs at 9-7...literally dozens of times I said that..in numerous threads, and in the chat. Anybody who reads my post can see that. I'm going to leave it at that.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, and ESPN still hasn't fixed their standings to reflect it.

Right now GB and TB are even dead even on SOV. It would go all the way down to SOS which Green Bay currently wins .510 to .505.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Even when it was bad ...and it got bad. I said the Packers would get into the playoffs at 9-7...literally dozens of times I said that..in numerous threads, and in the chat. Anybody who reads my post can see that. I'm going to leave it at that.
This is accurate.

I'll say this - a playoff spot will be gladly accepted from me no matter how we get it, but all indications are pointing toward a 1st round matchup with the Giants if we get in. And even at Lambeau, I must say, it scares the hell out of me. And I am more positive than most.

That Atlanta loss is looming large right now.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

You misunderstood my post, so I'm sorry.

Just not used to seeing you "happy" like this

Reaction score
This is accurate.

I'll say this - a playoff spot will be gladly accepted from me no matter how we get it, but all indications are pointing toward a 1st round matchup with the Giants if we get in. And even at Lambeau, I must say, it scares the hell out of me. And I am more positive than most.

That Atlanta loss is looming large right now.
It all depends which Packer team shows up. It is entirely possible that we will play better as underdogs at 10-6 than being 15-1 and expecting to win like the last post season Giants vs Packers beat down. This QB gets better with his back against the wall.. Give him 4 road games and call him an underdog and watch him excel

Last edited:
H

HardRightEdge

Is winning out the only way we get in?
No. The Packers could still back in at 9-7 if the competition keeps losing.

It was a banner week...DET, MIN, TAM, WASH all go down. The only competitor who didn't lose was the Jints, but they beat DET and I think we'd take that over the alternative. The odds increased greatly, eerily reminiscent of the closing weeks of 2010, particularly week 16.

If you assume the Jints are in at a wild card spot, the remaining competitors for the 6th. spot (MIN, TAM, WASH) don't play each other so there's no guaranteed win among them.

DET plays @ Dallas this week. The division remains a distinct possibility even at 9-7; if both the Lions and Packers were to lose this week, the Packers would still win the division with a win over Detroit on the division record tie breaker.

But it's academic, really. Just win and you're in with a division title. The misfortunes of others are hardly predictable.

After that, if it gets that far, this team still needs to find a defense.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 6794

Right now GB and TB are even dead even on SOV. It would go all the way down to SOS which Green Bay currently wins .510 to .505.

That should work as evidence that the SOV tie-breaker is close to impossible to predict. The Packers led the Bucs by more than 3% entering week 15 but are now tied with them.

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers will beat the Vikes this Sat,
Lions will lose to the Cow Pies, and all the stars will continue to align. We will live in perfect harmony. Just keep thinking about fuzzy kittens..........dewy meadows............unicorns...........

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Packers will beat the Vikes this Sat,
Lions will lose to the Cow Pies, and all the stars will continue to align. We will live in perfect harmony. Just keep thinking about fuzzy kittens..........dewy meadows............unicorns...........

Sorry, but I don`t want to rely on other teams, I want to rely on MY team. If we win the next two games and win the division I`ll be happy, and then if we lose in the playoffs I`ll accept they did their best, despite the blip.

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, but I don`t want to rely on other teams, I want to rely on MY team. If we win the next two games and win the division I`ll be happy, and then if we lose in the playoffs I`ll accept they did their best, despite the blip.
I agree Bill. I didn't add the Packers beating the Lions in week 17. Sorry........ Aaron had the game plan all written up "run the table"!

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is actually a scenario where Green Bay can lock a playoff spot this week. It involves Packers beating Vikings, and the Redskins and Bucs both losing. Then 5 of these 7 teams winning (Browns, Detroit, Atlanta, LA, Houston, Jacksonville, Denver)

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea I'd much rather win these last two games and at least get a home game. Someone mentioned the Giants earlier...yea they have killed us in the playoffs. I'm. Not ready for another home loss meltdown against Eli Manning and the Giants. They need to figure out something on this defense quickly.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A couple mentionables:

- The Giants will almost certainly have nothing to play for Week 17. McAdoo is a new coach and I'm not totally sure how they will approach it, but I find it highly unlikely with no bye that he won't play it light and rest a lot of starters against the Redskins, unless they really want to keep them out of the postseason.

- If we win on Saturday against Minnesota I'm assuming we will know by the time we kick off against the Vikings whether we need to win just to get it or not, as I expect Packers/Lions to be flexed to Sunday Night if it's for the division.

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A couple mentionables:

- The Giants will almost certainly have nothing to play for Week 17. McAdoo is a new coach and I'm not totally sure how they will approach it, but I find it highly unlikely with no bye that he won't play it light and rest a lot of starters against the Redskins, unless they really want to keep them out of the postseason.

- If we win on Saturday against Minnesota I'm assuming we will know by the time we kick off against the Vikings Lions whether we need to win just to get it or not, as I expect Packers/Lions to be flexed to Sunday Night if it's for the division.

Pretty sure that's what you meant

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'll know more after this weekend, but I would think there are scenarios where we could play the Lions on back to back weekends, with either team hosting the playoff game. If I remember correctly, the same thing happened in 1994 when Favre threw the game winning bomb to Sterling Sharpe in the playoff game.

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is actually a scenario where Green Bay can lock a playoff spot this week. It involves Packers beating Vikings, and the Redskins and Bucs both losing. Then 5 of these 7 teams winning (Browns, Detroit, Atlanta, LA, Houston, Jacksonville, Denver)

How about this for a scenario - Packers grab a two seed and a first round bye if the following happens:

Packers win out (MIN, @DET)
Buccaneers win out (@NO, CAR)
Falcons split their final 2 (@CAR, NO)
Redskins lose at least one (@CHI, NYG)
Seahawks lose out (ARI, @SF)

Be honest, that was at least looking remotely possible until you got to @SF

Sky King

Reaction score
Hopefully, this Packer team does not lose that sense of urgency that has propelled them through the last several games. They need to keep their own momentum going and not take their foot off the gas just because their odds of making the playoffs have improved.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

:eek:

Couldn't you have just said "5 of these 6 teams winning"? I would have felt much more secure. :D

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about this for a scenario - Packers grab a two seed and a first round bye if the following happens:

Packers win out (MIN, @DET)
Buccaneers win out (@NO, CAR)
Falcons split their final 2 (@CAR, NO)
Redskins lose at least one (@CHI, NYG)
Seahawks lose out (ARI, @SF)

Be honest, that was at least looking remotely possible until you got to @SF

Lol!!! I was super stoked until I saw the Seattle SF game I won't even deny it hahaha

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If we end up tied with Atlanta at 10-6, don't they edge us out due to our loss to them? Or is there a tie breaker that superseeds that one for seating?

Latest posts