Packers now in the wild card spot lol

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please stop. You're giving too much hope to me and other grammar Nazis.

'Exercise our demons' is another good one. Like we're taking our demons to the gym and putting them through a good workout to get rid of them.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You would have to wonder how aggressive both teams would be if the game went into OT?

There's some truth to this. I mean neither team is going to play for the tie going into the game, obviously. But if it were hypothetically to get deep into OT, I could see both teams playing extremely conservatively, running the ball, using as much clock as possible, not taking any chances, perhaps with a silent understanding between teams that, we both just want to finish this game out.

Probably more so us than them, though. A tie and a win are the same to us, we gain nothing extra by winning over tying. Detroit still has the division and higher seeding to play for with a win, and I'm sure a division title would mean a great deal to them.

But if there were 2 minutes left in OT I don't see them taking any huge chances that could end up backfiring and getting them knocked out entirely, like trying a 60 yard FG.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Realistically... since both teams have high powered offenses and mediocre defenses, I wouldn't expect an OT to make it the full 15 minutes, but you never know lol.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Realistically... since both teams have high powered offenses and mediocre defenses, I wouldn't expect an OT to make it the full 15 minutes, but you never know lol.

Theoretically, it's a bit easier to tie now than it was under the old OT rules, even with a little offense. Since a FG now doesn't end the game immediately, some ties have gone 3 points each in OT instead of the old one FG ends it rule.

Like the GB/Minnesota tie in 2013 for instance. Under the old rule it would have been a Packer win, not a tie.

Don't get me wrong a tie is still going to be exceptionally rare but perhaps a bit more common now than in the past.

Members online

Latest posts