Packers may be interested in QB Frye

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's got a looong way to become the new Brett Favre, but he seems like a sturdy guy, and may stand a chance of having a great NFL career.

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, from what little we've seen of Nall, he seems like he is talented enough to win IF he has a good supporting cast around him. Some of the most successful QBs in NFL history, Starr, Montana, Brady, have not been the big, strong armed prto typical NFL QB type. Nall appears to be a little slow of foot especially in the pocket. I can't figure out if it's because he is slow or he's affraid and nervous. From what little I've seen of him, he throws a nice ball, has adequate arm strength and appears to have a suprising level of confidence and leadership ability. How many times can GB mortage the future to find another good GB? They did it w/ ****ey, Hadel and numerous draft picks in the past. I say let it roll until a stud falls in our lap. When you think about it, GB's most successful QB's, Starr, Majic and Brett, all came to GB just that way.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't forget guys - as we head into the Training Camp & Pre-season - Teams like to make themselves deep at certain positions... including QB. Go back and look - see how many times we've had quarterbacks stacked as high as the broadcast booth at Lambeau.... Today - they're practically a who's who list of active QB's all over the place.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see Frye get selectd by the Packers... It certainly shouldn't be in one of the first two picks - to be sure - If he's still around, I've use the 4th pick overall to grab the guy and then see what unfolds throughout the summer.

Ask yourself this - How many 'other' potential players are saying out loud that they would relish coming to Green Bay... how many?
Well, there ya go!

monkeyracer43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His stock has been on the rise since the senior bowl. I would be surprised to see him fall to the Packers. Even if he does, TT has to decide if wants to address an immedate need on the defense, or get Frye and hope he can take over for Favre.

Thats a tough call.

Rhino58

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmm... maybe the Pack should draft Frye and if Favre retires, have Nall the starting QB. But if Nall looks like he's not up to the challenge, we could start Frye. This is a tough one.

IU_packfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont understand why everybody thinks Nall is so bad, he should be our heir apparent. God willing, Brett will be here for two more years, Nall has been here and studied under Favre, and the fans know him. Why should be waste a draft pick on a QB when we already have one. There are more important areas to pay attention to than QB. I know Nall isnt getting any younger, but give the guy a chance, you never know.

IU_packfan GO PACK GO!!!

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mattresell, you're right about Farve; I took a lot of liberty w/ that statement. On the other hand, how many other teams where interested in Farve. Glanville and the Falcons thought he was a joke and GB was doing them a favor taking him off their hands. When I read and listen to the stories about that trade, it makes me think GB could have had him for much less. I'm just glade it worked out the way it did; Farve is one of a kind and it's been an awsome ride w/ him at the helm. I'd stick by my orginal post; I'd like to see GB rebuild this team starting w/ the Def 1st for a change.

fondypackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nall is a FA who may not even be back I don't put a lot of faith in JT O'Sullivan I know Sherman said they had there eye on him but NO's waived him and we didn't go after him so I think Sherman is full of crap.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts