Packers have released Kingsley Keke

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Yes … he was cut… cleared waivers and then signed to the practice squad. Eventually ended up back on the main roster.
After his last time that he was brought up from the PS, his 2 way passes were up. Had the Packers wanted him back on the PS, they would have had to cut and wait. I don't think they would have sweated that out much. ESB looked like a good pick on the surface, but the guy never seemed to do anything but get injured and run around the field when healthy. I am actually quite tired of all the "ESB's that this team has had over the last 5 years. Lazard and maybe MVS, were the only one that did much and even they are more like #3 or #4 receivers.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes … he was cut… cleared waivers and then signed to the practice squad. Eventually ended up back on the main roster.
So when a poster tries to make is sound like 2 of a GMs 3 wr draft picks are no longer on the team by saying they were cut he would be either wrong or intentionally misleading since one of those 2 is clearly still on the team.

In fact when said poster went out of his way to state two of the three WRs never made it out of their rookie contracts he neglected to inform us that in reality one of them had in fact received a second contract.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So when a poster tries to make is sound like 2 of a GMs 3 wr draft picks are no longer on the team by saying they were cut he would be either wrong or intentionally misleading since one of those 2 is clearly still on the team.

In fact when said poster went out of his way to state two of the three WRs never made it out of their rookie contracts he neglected to inform us that in reality one of them had received a second contract.
well the second contract … not really …. but yes the poster was being intentionally dishonest.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

In fact when said poster went out of his way to state two of the three WRs never made it out of their rookie contracts he neglected to inform us that in reality one of them had in fact received a second contract.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After his last time that he was brought up from the PS, his 2 way passes were up. Had the Packers wanted him back on the PS, they would have had to cut and wait. I don't think they would have sweated that out much. ESB looked like a good pick on the surface, but the guy never seemed to do anything but get injured and run around the field when healthy. I am actually quite tired of all the "ESB's that this team has had over the last 5 years. Lazard and maybe MVS, were the only one that did much and even they are more like #3 or #4 receivers.
Well said. Lazard might have played his way into a legit #2, but really that's not saying a lot. He played well, but more like what you'd expect from a #3. mVS was worse. He improved his game this year as far as catching the ball and route running, but was seldom available. I still can't forgive Gluten for not taking a WR instead of Love in Round 1. It might explain why Rodgers had eyes only for Adams last Saturday. Although he should have spotted Lazard wide open on the last play. Some of it is his fault, but he needs better receivers overall. He didn't even throw to his buddy Cobb, or maybe once.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks Poker. I don't count that as "cut" as in no longer with the team. I think he dressed for the Niners right?

EQ was a cut this year. He simply cleared waivers with no one claiming him for us to sign back to PS. Then when Cobb and MVS had injuries he was activated again and stayed remainder of season on active.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
EQ was a cut this year. He simply cleared waivers with no one claiming him for us to sign back to PS. Then when Cobb and MVS had injuries he was activated again and stayed remainder of season on active.
you know what that means...theyll sign him for one year 5m LOL

Reaction score
Actually I took away the fact you are a liar. And you infected the rest of your office. All to make business sales.
Your Honor.. The only defense I have? I meant Morale not moral

Its ok. From what I hear, it’s better to be infected by someone you know accidentally, then by a stranger on purpose.

it’s ok you hurt my feelings.
I’m fortunate my “feelings” regenerate at twice the speed of a normal man

Plus, I’m hardened to insults like a white blood cell to a virus

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you know what that means...theyll sign him for one year 5m LOL

honestly I half wonder if he stuck around due to Rodgers actually liking him or the team liking him - Rodgers has went out of his way to speak well of him over the years he has been around.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
honestly I half wonder if he stuck around due to Rodgers actually liking him or the team liking him - Rodgers has went out of his way to speak well of him over the years he has been around.
I don't know Ty. My only memory of EQSB on a "meaningful" play is dropping a two-point conversion pass that hit him between the 1 and 9 on his uniform. I have no idea why he's still taking up a roster spot.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know Ty. My only memory of EQSB on a "meaningful" play is dropping a two-point conversion pass that hit him between the 1 and 9 on his uniform. I have no idea why he's still taking up a roster spot.
He hasn’t impressed me either… but the competition hasn’t exactly been stellar.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He had that INSANE catch in the back of the end zone that was ruled no catch or the play got called back for something I cannot remember. He blocks well, was one of the rare good spots on st coverage units usually and knew where to be even if it was never in the first three reads - which is pointless with Aaron and Davante you gotta be first or the one right after Davante to get targets

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Wasn't like he had someone to compete with for that final spot on the depth chart in the final months. Let's face it, with MVS and Cobb there were enough injuries to give him yet another chance. Part of that time he was injured, part of the time he did a few things and sometimes nothing. Repeat and rinse from the #2 WR down every F'ing season. At least if we lose Davante, people will finally notice that we have very little talent at WR not named .... "nobody".

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Well said. Lazard might have played his way into a legit #2, but really that's not saying a lot. He played well, but more like what you'd expect from a #3. mVS was worse. He improved his game this year as far as catching the ball and route running, but was seldom available. I still can't forgive Gluten for not taking a WR instead of Love in Round 1. It might explain why Rodgers had eyes only for Adams last Saturday. Although he should have spotted Lazard wide open on the last play. Some of it is his fault, but he needs better receivers overall. He didn't even throw to his buddy Cobb, or maybe once.
I wouldn't use the word "legit", at least when talking about what he would be for another team. He wouldn't see the field very often on quite a few teams.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't use the word "legit", at least when talking about what he would be for another team. He wouldn't see the field very often on quite a few teams.
Stop, there are very few teams that a WR with his possession skills and blocking that he doesn’t find a spot. Far less snaps as he wouldn’t be most teams 2 for sure.

I would love a team where Lazard is your third targeted WR, honestly he is more than good for that role.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Stop, there are very few teams that a WR with his possession skills and blocking that he doesn’t find a spot. Far less snaps as he wouldn’t be most teams 2 for sure.

I would love a team where Lazard is your third targeted WR, honestly he is more than good for that role.
He was being called a legit #2 by a poster. I disagreed and it sounds like you do as well. As far as being a #3, I guess you would have to go team by team.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was being called a legit #2 by a poster. I disagreed and it sounds like you do as well. As far as being a #3, I guess you would have to go team by team.

Sure but you went on to say he’d barely see the field for teams, disagree there is all. I also still don’t think Lazard is done growing.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Sure but you went on to say he’d barely see the field for teams, disagree there is all. I also still don’t think Lazard is done growing.
Again, depends on the team.

Don't get me wrong, I liked Lazard when he was at Iowa State. If you go back to that draft year, I probably talked about hoping he would be drafted by the Packers. Then the JAGS signed himself as an UDFA and I was bummed. So when the Packers stole him off their PS, I was excited.

I do think that he has room to grow, but I don't think his ceiling is all that high. Who knows, maybe if Adams leaves and Rodgers stays, we see a completely different season from him.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He had that INSANE catch in the back of the end zone that was ruled no catch or the play got called back for something I cannot remember. He blocks well, was one of the rare good spots on st coverage units usually and knew where to be even if it was never in the first three reads - which is pointless with Aaron and Davante you gotta be first or the one right after Davante to get targets
Good point on blocking and STs. Both are needed qualities, and if that's the case, I really don't care where he ranks as a WR. As long as he can contribute somewhere. And STs can't lose anyone who actually knows how to play there. I can see him as a good gunner.

Members online