Packers have released Kingsley Keke

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a good distraction to have prior to an important game. This is not what we need at this time. It causes a dynamic change in psyche behavior and plays against our favor. Whatever it is it had to be done and hope our guys can keep focus.
It seems like the Keke distraction was going on for a while. Kenny Clark, the captain, tried talking to Keke and it didn't go well. That may have been the last straw.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I lived through the wait-till-next-year era. Bunch of years we were a 500 team. Always felt like we were going to take the next step and go to the playoffs. That was the hope. Maybe that is why I appreciate the winning now.
And that is where expectation vs hope applies during these different times. We are in an expectation mindset while before it was a hope mentally. Humans will be humans and front office thrives on expectation rather than a hope mindset.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems like the Keke distraction was going on for a while. Kenny Clark, the captain, tried talking to Keke and it didn't go well. That may have been the last straw.
Wow so it was a distraction. Thanks for the 411. Come to think of it maybe that distraction was good for the team. Players probably took all that frustration out on the other team.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For Ahman Green
He was pretty good for us wasn't he? ;)
It's not about the lack of enjoyment for many but the investment in emotions and money to have this false hope knowing your team will fail in the playoffs but to have an endear attachment of a nice regular season record that puts people off.
If you know your team is going to fail in the playoffs but a SB is all that will satisfy you I might suggest you take up knitting. Even if you say I don't know they will fail but I am not real confident of success I'd say why bother. Some say its the destination other say its the ride. I say why can't it be both?

I understand the Lombardi or bust philosophy, I just don't happen to subscribe to it. Just like I don't agree with the lose for a higher draft pick mentality but I do understand why some people follow that. What I don't understand is why we just can't all get along.

Last edited:

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you know your team is going to fail in the playoffs but a SB is all that will satisfy you I might suggest you take up knitting. Even if you say I don't know they will fail but I am not real confident of success I'd say why bother. Some say its the destination other say its the ride. I say why can't it be both?

I understand the Lombardi or bust philosophy, I just don't happen to subscribe to it. Just like I don't agree with the lose for a higher draft pick mentality but I do understand why some people follow that. What I don't understand is why we just can't all get along.
Not the argument i was making. To make it simple let people enjoy a satisfaction of wanting a complete season without griping about telling them to be happy you made it to the playoff or having a record regular season. As you stated lets all just get along?!

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As always, is it really all that hard to understand that some folks aren't happy with a great regular season record if it doesn't translate into playoff success (defined, as some do, as a Lombardi)? And, that those same folks are "fans"?
The difference is some people are fans of success and some people are fans of the team. The latter really have little use for the former.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wasn't going to pursue this, but I felt I was being called to do so. That's exactly how I was feeling, just knowing that they were going to find a way to blow it. :) Once the gun went off, I was fine and felt as good as anyone about the win. However, how did y'all feel about the Denver Super Bowl, the Seattle collapse, the 15-1 season, et. al. I was in a Packer forum in 2011, and the owner specifically asked me to stop raining on the parade by noting the team's deficiencies, despite the record. I stopped posting, but at the end of that Packer season, the owner nearly cut his wrists online. Just don't see the harm in, for those things over which I have no control, hoping for the best but expecting the worst.
The only way I see that being a problem is if your moniker was Half Full.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The difference is some people are fans of success and some people are fans of the team. The latter really have little use for the former.
Ironically the former is what the league cares about. They are the ones to bring in the revenue.

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
EQSB is on their roster. They cut him in the final cutdown of 2021 but signed him to the PS when he cleared waivers the next day. He went back and forth from PS to active to for a few weeks but has been on their active roster since about the middle of October.

I guess technically he was cut but since it was for only a day and he is still on the team's active roster I'm going to say it doesn't count. Since he was resigned to the PS squad the next day I'm going to say it was a calculated risk taken due to available roster spots and that he wasn't cut because they no longer wanted him or he wasn't good enough.

It would not surprise me, if the Packers do win it all, if they give him a ring anyway. It wouldn't surprise me if they don't either but teams have done that. Depends on what he did I suppose.
Cut. Before rookie contract ended. Interesting.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah, and apparently this has been going on since Christmas or maybe even before. Ths converstaion between Clark and Keke took place between Christmas and New Year.

Asked about Keke a short time later, nose tackle Kenny Clark said he had a long discussion with his teammate but wouldn’t reveal what was said. Clark said he was confident that Keke would be a productive player from that point on.

Clark brings a lot of skills to the team, but it sounds like maybe he's gonna need to turn in his Doctor Phil card.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ironically the former is what the league cares about. They are the ones to bring in the revenue.
I respectfully disagree. If fans of losing teams become discouraged because of a lack of success that is not good for the league.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I respectfully disagree. If fans of losing teams become discouraged because of a lack of success that is not good for the league.
Why yes hence the SUCCESS is what draws in money. These “true” fans don’t bring in revenue like these “pretend” fans.

Reaction score
This team does not have a reputation for releasing players for light or transient reasons. Im sorry but I’m going to side with the teams decision to part ways.
Sounds like Keke had been an ongoing problem and one of our best players were trying to get his head in the game. I can certainly see where feelings get hurt with the wrong approach.. but grow up.
Good luck on the Texans!
Good trade anyway. Mercilus for Keke. I’m ok with that.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Yes. Those fans good enough with being good enough. Makes me sick.
So what do you suggest those fans, who are unhappy with the Packers last 3 seasons, do? Should they start their own forum and call it "Unhappy Packer Fans". Maybe your motto could be "we won't be Packer fans again, until they win a Superbowl!" I bet that will get those clowns to run a better team!

This could become your anthem.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

D

Deleted member 6794

You do if it has been weeks, this "issue" whatever it was had him out and inactive for game prior to Christmas, and then the Covid list hit him to hide further inactives it would seem. You don't release a guy IF it is temporary, but you do if roster spots are getting tight and no end is seen soon. All unknowns...

The Packers could have put Keke on any of the lists players on it don't count against the roster limit if a personal issue caused them to make a move. It seems they released him because of an off the field issue that the team didn't want to deal with moving forward.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, one can't be a fan of the team and want them to be a success? As someone stated above, can't it be both?

Members online

Latest posts