Packers Front Office Under Fire

Doc_Smiley

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any team that is consistently winning is a SB contender. You've had Favre and Rodgers and many, many shots at reaching the SB and you are complaining? Try being 28 other franchises.

rdawsoniii

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any team that is consistently winning is a SB contender. You've had Favre and Rodgers and many, many shots at reaching the SB and you are complaining? Try being 28 other franchises.
I would guess if those 28 other teams had HOF qbs for almost 30 straight years, most...if not all...would have more than 3 Super Bowl appearances.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I fail to comprehend exactly HOW the front office, in any way, shape or form, gave up 28 points in the first half Sunday. Absent that, we wouldn't be quibbling over the simple fact that the Packers still have significant holes in that defense. Holes that were repeatedly exploited by Tom Brady.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FO under fire is ridiculous. this loss had nothing to do with their first round pick. this team had weapons. it was a terrific offense when they ran the MLF O. nfl record breaking production in the red zone. highest scoring O in the league. a rookie WR wouldn't have mattered yesterday.

How much help did the last draft give the team this year? Just asking because that might be relevant to the point you're trying to make. And, if you read the comments, most are discussing why better defensive players weren't drafted; it was obvious the team had needs at dline and corner yet nothing was done.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I fail to comprehend exactly HOW the front office, in any way, shape or form, gave up 28 points in the first half Sunday. Absent that, we wouldn't be quibbling over the simple fact that the Packers still have significant holes in that defense. Holes that were repeatedly exploited by Tom Brady.

Uh, by relying on King to be the second best corner on the team and trusting that the dline would improve by leaps and bounds without any new additions.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree that they'll draft more QB's...just as Wolf did. it's only good business. Love has first-round talent. i hope he's their 3rd HOF'er in a row. every Packers fan should feel that way.

Not fair to Love, but if he's not a HoF then he's a terrible draft pick. That's the exchange when you give up on improving a Super Bowl caliber team for the potential of a guy in 3-4 years.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I to be honest do not like Brady, but he is the greatest QB to date, that was painful to say, and if Mahonnes wins his second straight SB I will put him at #4 behind Joe Montanna, and Terry Bradshaw, theirs Bart Starr my fav, back to back SBs, Rodgers may end up with all that given talent far behind these QBs, but at least he’ll have a SB

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not fair to Love, but if he's not a HoF then he's a terrible draft pick. That's the exchange when you give up on improving a Super Bowl caliber team for the potential of a guy in 3-4 years.

I think you hit the nail on the head, and with that I will add on with some other possible outcomes.
1) We will be reasonable yet optimistic that rodgers stays for two more years. With that, we now have Love for only two years after that to see what we have in regards to nfl talent.
2) Rodgers leaves now or after next season and Love doesn't pan out at all.
3) We trade rodgers to San Francisco or Indianapolis this off-season and now in essence Love is thrown into the fire.
I think no matter what option you pick it doesn't look promising.

D

Deleted member 6794

Exactly why Green Bay should have a owner.. it’s all about money I had this conversation with a friend yes winning would be great but being consistently good and making money is what they want.

If the Packers had an owner they would most likely play somewhere else than Green Bay.

this loss had nothing to do with their first round pick.

I'm quite sure a first rounder actually getting some playing time would have improved the team's chances of beating the Bucs. It's impossible to know by how much but Love didn't do anything in that regard in 2020.

The front office is responsible for the players on the roster. Therefore they share some blame for the defense struggling as well.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be fair, the 2020 draft included 3 late round OL picks... and these are Packers type picks as we typically do very well drafting OL late in the Draft (4th or later)

Doc_Smiley

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would guess if those 28 other teams had HOF qbs for almost 30 straight years, most...if not all...would have more than 3 Super Bowl appearances.

I would guarantee you every single one of those 28 teams would take 30 years of HOF QBs and a "measly" 3 SB Appearances over what they had. You're complaining about first world problems.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The front office didn't drop a TD, throw an ill advised interception, call a horrible defense at the end of the 1st half, not go for it with 2 minutes left, drop a 2 point conversion. It was like the Seattle game all over again. Pick out a couple plays, turn those and they win. It sucks badly, but not sure what they are going to do.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think of it as there was the chance to win..players were put in position.

Now, was it because the coaches werent successful in putting them in the right spot??

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quick question, the "dropped touchdown catch" everyone keeps alluding to is the one that Davante dropped early correct?

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be fair, the 2020 draft included 3 late round OL picks... and these are Packers type picks as we typically do very well drafting OL late in the Draft (4th or later)

Yeah you grab 1-2 mid to late round OLs every year and make them fight for roster spots. It's a good way to develop a pipeline of talent for that unit. Bak and Linsley were both taken in rounds 4 and 5.

I wouldnt be surprised if Runyan turns into a player for us. His old man was one of the best in his generation, the kid was a top recruit, he has good measurables and well he came out of a dysfunctional program.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought that one of the best offensive matchups going in last sunday's game was AJ Dillon against TB's lightning fast but small LB corps, and quite frankly in limited action in two different games Dillon was our most effective back against the Bucs. I dont think that the front office can be blamed for the coaching staff's unwillingness to play the talent brought in. He does look like a player for us and he probably could have helped us get to the Super Bowl, if only he got a chance.

Of course Dillon started the year behind the 8 ball with an abbreviated camp, no pre season, and of course he developed Covid at one point. This might have affected the Coaches willingness to use him in a post season game.

Last edited:

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We are going down as the NFL version of the 1990s Atlanta Braves. Contenders every year, but only 1 title to show for it. History judges them as underachievers/chokers, as they will us.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are going down as the NFL version of the 1990s Atlanta Braves. Contenders every year, but only 1 title to show for it. History judges them as underachievers/chokers, as they will us.
The majority of recent Super Bowl quarterbacks only get there once in a lifetime. Looking back over the past 30 years, I count more than 25 QBs that only made it once (Brees, Rodgers, Steve Young, Matt Ryan, Flacco, McNabb, Cam, McNair, etc.). There are about ten who have been there multiple times, such as Brady, Manning, and Roethlisberger.

You are going down as the Packerforum version of Doug & Wendy Whiner.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The majority of recent Super Bowl quarterbacks only get there once in a lifetime. Looking back over the past 30 years, I count more than 25 QBs that only made it once (Brees, Rodgers, Steve Young, Matt Ryan, Flacco, McNabb, Cam, McNair, etc.). There are about ten who have been there multiple times, such as Brady, Manning, and Roethlisberger.

You are going down as the Packerforum version of Doug & Wendy Whiner.

I don't even know who you are talking about.

But maybe some people here have forgotten Packers history? Our own Vince Lombardi said "Winning isn’t everything, it's the only thing."

OK, I'm not saying winning is the only thing in life. But I agree with Vince Lombardi that just making the playoffs every year isn't enough.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't even know who you are talking about.

But maybe some people here have forgotten Packers history? Our own Vince Lombardi said "Winning isn’t everything, it's the only thing."

OK, I'm not saying winning is the only thing in life. But I agree with Vince Lombardi that just making the playoffs every year isn't enough.
Take your pick:
“Winning is not everything – but making the effort to win is.”
“Winning isn’t everything, it’s the only thing.”

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Take your pick:
“Winning is not everything – but making the effort to win is.”
“Winning isn’t everything, it’s the only thing.”
The first quote may be deeper, philosophically. But let's face it, the second one is more inspiring, which is why it is more famous.

Lombardi was great with the quotes, no question about that.

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone wanna take a look at what the Packers SHOULD be? The 49ers between Montana and Young is a perfect match for what this franchise should have done. Honestly I'd argue we should be better than them. Alot of fans are blinded by the "look at other franchises tho! We're lucky!" When in reality we have massively underachieved and it's because exactly what OP pointed out

I've stated that exact thing, Packers are exactly where they wanna be. Being a top 8 team in the NFL without going all in. They'd rather go to the playoffs 7 years in a row than go all in to win a SB. Packers are a BUSINESS. And being good enough to sell out the stadium and sell jerseys is the goal. You do that by putting consistent winners out there.... but your also sacrificing by never going all in for a 2-4yr run

Draft and replace is a model for cheap teams, which we are

Members online

Latest posts