Packers fill practice squad

12theTruth

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HardRightEdge

I'm glad they kept White. He's already shown he got some game to go with the speed. And he plays like he's got that playground love of the game, a little something this team needs.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm surprised they picked Hill over Pease. Seems like they might have wanted a guy who knew the system a bit more with only three tailbacks on the 53, two of which are injury prone.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
You see a lot of SMU games or something? I remember you being critical of Hunt too.
A fair amount, now that the death penalty is softened. I was critical of Hunt because he was ridiculously overhyped. He was a big man track star who was hideously raw. He was still worth a mid to high 3rd. I also saw the Houston preseason games. There were better prospects out there. Banjo is a playmaker.

Last edited:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm glad they kept White. He's already shown he got some game to go with the speed. And he plays like he's got that playground love of the game, a little something this team needs.
Oh noes!
Another Packer who clowns around instead of taking the game seriously like a previous famous player who shall not be named.
Just what we need! :eek:

J/K :D

H

HardRightEdge

Oh noes!
Another Packer who clowns around instead of taking the game seriously like a previous famous player who shall not be named.
Just what we need! :eek:

J/K :D

Certainly, you don't want too much playground in your QB, though a little of the gunslinger helps when the QB has to ditch the pocket and free lance. ;) Rodgers is a gunslinger in this latter respect, he just happens to make a lot fewer mistakes than that other guy.

WR is a different animal.

First, the better he reads defenses, and the more he is in tune with the QB, the more option routes he'll be given. It might seem paradoxical, but the more accomplished a receiver becomes, the more option routes he'll run, and the more "playground" he becomes. What's more playground than the QB nodding at a receiver, then throwing a back shoulder TD? White does not qualify on this count as of yet, and he may never get to that level.

Second, WR's and cover corners play one-on-one in the open field, which requires some playground mentality...if a guy does not find joy in whipping the other guy mano a mano he should not be out there. And that playground mentality carries off the field, where WRs and cover corners tend toward mouthy and boastful.

White carries himself like he can't wait to get off the line and beat somebody. He looks like a guy who wants the ball anytime you want to give it to him.

I'm a little surprised they didn't put him on the 53...he was the guy the backup QBs were looking for, more than Boykin or Ross, which tells me he was out-playing those guys with the second team in practice. Probably an issue of polish and seniority; maybe a couple too many mistakes.

As an aside, White's downing that punt on the one yard line may have the single best play I saw this preseason, though he may be too small to be an all-the-time gunner.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Latest posts