Packers Defense

H

HardRightEdge

Clay was moved to ILBer after the New Orleans game in which Mark Ingram ran all over them. He is so much more active and aggressive than what we have seen from Brad Jones and Hawk in the past, that it is jarring to the senses.

The shift away from Hawk began shortly after midseason -- and yes the play in which Kyle Rudolph (making his first appearance in many weeks and playing with a bad wheel) whizzed by AJ like he was a bullet train helped hasten the reduction in playing time. In the New England game, Sam Barrington made 2 stops on the opening drive that prevented a first down and led to a 3 and out. With Hawk on the field those tackles are made, if at all, well past the line of scrimmage.
While that syncs with the eye test, it would be nice to see some stats that back it up. Alas, I'm not sure anybody compiles stats by alignment.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Over the last 7, Lions have given up 2.8 ypc.

Lions have given up 365 for 52.14 per game over the last 7.

Lions have 7 on the season, 3 in last 7 games.

Just sayin.....
wow. Those Lions you love sound like an awesome team. I look forward to watching this dominating team.

So, who do they play next?

(just saying)

MichiganSportsTalk

Lions fan for longer than I can remember
Reaction score
wow. Those Lions you love sound like an awesome team. I look forward to watching this dominating team.

So, who do they play next?

(just saying)

And this somehow made what I posted less true?

Or are you so bored that you were hoping that I would take offense at a classless jab?

Reaction score
I'm thinking counter counter. Romo is very Favrish. He WILL offer us opportunities for turnovers if he gets hurried. We have the personnel
Dallas will try to gash w/Murray and run the clock. At least if Garrett the Farret is as crafty as I think. We need to send 5 early and plug the run lanes. Once romo is one dimensional, we bring 5-6 of our best to hasten the throw and limit the long passes back to short targets that havn't completed their routes. Let Sam n Tramon exploit those back shoulders throw to sidelines that are .5 seconds early.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm thinking counter counter. Romo is very Favrish. He WILL offer us opportunities for turnovers if he gets hurried. We have the personnel
Dallas will try to gash w/Murray and run the clock. At least if Garrett the Farret is as crafty as I think. We need to send 5 early and plug the run lanes. Once romo is one dimensional, we bring 5-6 of our best to hasten the throw and limit the long passes back to short targets that havn't completed their routes. Let Sam n Tramon exploit those back shoulders throw to sidelines that are .5 seconds early.

This has bothered me occasionally but when did being "Favrish" become a bad thing? I mean, if the idea is that Romo throws balls up for grabs, then someone hasn't actually watched much of Romo who has had only one season since 2010 with double digit interceptions. As for "Favrish", I would assume you mean one of the best QBs of all time that helped resurect the Packers franchise?

And please, this isn't some post trying to say Favre is better than Rodgers. With the way the NFL is officiated today you just can't compare quarterbacks of today to quarterbacks even 15 years ago.

Members online

Latest posts