1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Packers defense makes Ponder look like Joe Montana

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by FrankRizzo, Dec 30, 2012.

1. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    http://packersinsider.com/?p=5005

Who did Ponder resemble most against us today?
    Manning, Brady, Montana, or Brees?

I would say Montana because he was very efficient, clutch. Not prolific, but a surgeon on 3rd downs.
    Fitting that their game-winning drive, he converted a 3rd & 11.

2. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    Please, Frank. He had about 4 or 5 good plays. Ponder didn't look like any of those guys today. He looked like Cutler on one of his better days.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,966
    He wasnt that good..While he did look good, had some help from the refs on that one play where it should been incomplete and then they dont score that drive

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    Speaking of help from the refs, it looked like for the entire first half that the NFL sent word to not call holding penalties when AP runs the ball. I saw no less that 5 or 6 obvious ones that didn't get called. Two of them were on the 4th and 1 play where AP ran to his left.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Watch Clay get tackled on the final run by Peterson. I think it was Rudolph.
    The NFL has had it out for us this year for some reason it seems.

Ponder, on 3rd & longs, was Eli-like against us. It was unbelievable.
    NFL Network will replay this one this week.....

I don't know how much blame goes to Capers, the DL, Walden, or the DBs, but You would not expect Ponder to keep getting first downs on 3rd & 7 or 3rd & 11. He did it 6 times.

I'm usually pretty pessimistic, and I did bet on the Vikings moneyline today.
    But I think we can and might blow these bastards out next week.
    I don't know what I saw from our defense that makes me think that though..... other than Peterson is due for a fumble, and Ponder due for 2 interceptions.

If we can't beat them next week at our place, we didn't deserve a bye anyway so I am now over that part.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    I really didn't care if we got a bye or not. There were pros and cons each way. We get a bye, we get a little healthier maybe... and rusty. We don't get a bye, we keep the pedal to the metal but maybe we don't to rest 1 or 2 guys we'd like to rest.

On the bright side, we sent Cutler and his bitches home for the second time in 3 years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,395
    Ponder is a top 20 QB at best.

8. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    Ponder is easily the worst QB in the 2012 -13 playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. melvin dangerr

melvin dangerr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +105
    On a lighter note the Giants will not send us home again, and the Bears can go hibernate....

10. Crazy Packers Fan

Crazy Packers Fan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +115
    Ponder had the game of his life. If the Packers' defense could have just played average on pass defense, they would have won. That's why I'm starting to get higher hopes for next week. Contrary to what Joe Buck may say, Adrian Peterson is not unstoppable.

11. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,966
    The stupid ball in the air that the nose hit the ground 1st led to a Td...Should been incomplete and 3rd down

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Yep. And we couldn't challenge.
    That was one of about 4 calls that the refs GUESSED ON in their favor on the field. THey got all the close calls.

13. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,000
    The NFL has to adopt the NCAA rules on challenges. The present system simply does not work, assuming the system is aimed at correcting bad calls. Challenges should be even more generous than the NCAA given the speed of the game and the part-time nature of the refs.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. CHIpackFAN

CHIpackFAN Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +21
    I understand that AP lite us up again, but i really believe that the league and the refs wanted to see him get the record. There was so much holding going on. Most of those runs by AP was when he had to cut back to the outside, he had nothing up the middle (Raji). There is no way he should have broken all of those tackles. I don't believe he had any runs where he went untouched. Guys got to him, but he found ways to get away. I think it will be different next weekend. The Lambeau crowd will be jacked, ponder will not be ready for this experience.

15. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    The only reason they do it on the sidelines is because of Ed Hoculi and Jerry Austin's egos. They couldn't live with the idea of someone in a replay booth overruling them. It's time for that to change. The replay booth should consist of an observer from each team and an official whose job it is to pause the game any time he sees something questionable and make the damn call.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Packers fans make Rodgers look like Jamarcus Russel?

17. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,042
    No that's Jennings dumb *** sister

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    And Finley's agent

19. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,042
    Do we smell a love connection here? Greg and jermichael should play match maker