Packers cut Chatman

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3rd or 4th?

hes 4th..or 5th

he got bumped up last year due to injuries. and while he did ok, he still messed up some routes, and dropped passes a bigger guy woulda caught. he has a huge heart, and is a great kid...

but i like going big. its also a subtle way of giving favre what he wants. walker\driver\gardner\gardner-type\some rookie

i like that depth chart.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Picture this: Koren Robinson and Ted Thompson singing, "Together again..."

Coming to 1265 soon!!!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce said:
Picture this: Koren Robinson and Ted Thompson singing, "Together again..."

Coming to 1265 soon!!!

good point.

i dont know a lot about koren, isnt he a malcontent though? would he be a 'packer person' we're lookin for?

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't vote against Koren Robinson, but I don't see him as any large upgrade over Chatman. I might give Chatman more credit than he deserves, but he isn't all that bad either..

and tromadz, he has had some behavioural issues as well.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
I wouldn't vote against Koren Robinson, but I don't see him as any large upgrade over Chatman. I might give Chatman more credit than he deserves, but he isn't all that bad either..

NO! NO! NO!

Koren Robinson is tons bigger, faster and better than Chatman.

He has not been a malcontent, rather an alcoholic -- which ultimately led to his release in Seattle. He went through treatment before last season, and then put up a Pro Bowl year with Minnesota.

Chatman is not in Koren's zip code talent wise.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lololol a pro bowl year?

Watch:

Koren Robinson 2005:

22 catches 347 yards 15,8 avg

Antonio Chatman 2005:

49 catches 549 yards 11,2 avg

I think Chatman had a probowl year if robinson had one

neither had a probowl year really..

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
lololol a pro bowl year?

Watch:

Koren Robinson 2005:

22 catches 347 yards 15,8 avg

Antonio Chatman 2005:

49 catches 549 yards 11,2 avg

I think Chatman had a probowl year if robinson had one

HELLO

Koren Robinson was voted to the Pro Bowl as a kick returner in 2005 as a MN Viking...

... and 22 catches for 347 yards and a 15.8 per catch average is pretty impressive for a guy who came straight from treatment to a team without ever seeing their playbook

Chatman was a #2 receiver because of injuries -- and had Brett Favre throwing him the ball.

Don't get me wrong, I liked Chatman. The kid had heart -- big time. I even wrote an article about him being better than some gave him credit for. However, at his very best he might eek out an NFL career.

Robinson (who was a top 5 pick) has the upside to be an all-pro.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well we're talking as a receiver here

you'd rather have an alcoholic ex-viking than chatman?

I don't want to cheer for some puppet raiders team.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
Well we're talking as a receiver here

you'd rather have an alcoholic ex-viking than chatman?

I don't want to cheer for some puppet raiders team.

The guy went to treatment. I guess you don't know any one who ever made any mistakes or ever had any problems in your life huh?

Chatman is history, if you want to argue his case call up T.T.

But first you didn't even know he was in the Pro Bowl and second you are suddenly talking like an ignorant ...

I expect more from you GakkofNorway!

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce said:
GakkofNorway said:

NO! NO! NO!

Koren Robinson is tons bigger, faster and better than Chatman.

He has not been a malcontent, rather an alcoholic -- which ultimately led to his release in Seattle. He went through treatment before last season, and then put up a Pro Bowl year with Minnesota.

Chatman is not in Koren's zip code talent wise.
Chris Carter had drug problems with the Eagles and the Vikes picked him up for 150 bucks.

He did pretty well for us.

I'm hoping we keep Koren.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
I didn't know he was in the pro bowl as a receiver, and he wasn't :)

No one said he was in the Pro Bowl as a receiver.

He was however in the Pro Bowl as a returner.

Guess what? Chatman was a returner and received 0, zero, nada, zippo consideration.

Now why might that be?

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not against seeing Robinson in a Packers jersey, I am merely pointing out that I would rather see him in place of Ferguson, not Chatman, and that he isn't the typical Packers player that TT and MM have stated they want to build a team with.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He hasn't got anything to be cocky about anyway now, but if he has a great season he might become a problem, or he could choose to be a real pro instead of a talker.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I thought Chatman's return was...lack luster, he proved he can be a legit 4th-5th target for brett favre. So many times last year we used him underneath where he could escape coverage, outrun linebackers, and pick up solid yards, and also take a hit and get right back up.

In Chatman's hayday as a return man, this offense simply needed somoene to catch the ball and hold onto it. Now that our offense isn't as "automatic" as before, we need more, maybe we draft Brandon Williams. I think Craig Bragg was drafted to fight for the return man position but didnt pan out.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that MM has pointed out that he wants big physical guys at WR, I don't really see us drafting Brandon Williams, even as a return guy. That's sad enough in itself :p

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well, i'm bummed - chatman seemed like a good scrapper & did have alotta heart. not dissin mm or tt - just a personal feeling here. :(

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not he had heart and never dropped a ball but he did nothing after the catch and on special teams returned 1 touchdown(i was there) otherwise what did he do nothing really like 4 yards and down. Coulnd get us great field position.

SO really its not that big of a loss

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree - this cut was nothing more than a Calender Event....

Also - if I'm not mistaken, there was an article just after Season's end - which stated that the Eagles were highly interested in Ferguson - so, yea... I figure TT to use some moxey and make some hay for Draft picks when it comes to Fergy!

JMHO!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gopackgo4 said:
Not he had heart and never dropped a ball but he did nothing after the catch and on special teams returned 1 touchdown(i was there) otherwise what did he do nothing really like 4 yards and down. Coulnd get us great field position.

SO really its not that big of a loss

he dropped balls.

Members online

Latest posts