Packers cut Chatman

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
check the link:

Web Page Name

I really liked him, he gave all on every play, he never fumbled any punt, he even get some very good receptions,,,, but MM likes big targets and it is his call. What about big hearted targets? If he likes them he will need to cut big sized, big mouth, small heart Fergy too. Chatman had much better numbers tha Fergy´s

Well if he cuts useless Fergy, maybe better if he trades him for a six pack of Corona Beer I will be satisfied.

I remember once that Bruce refering to Chatman used this Mark Twain quote "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog".

Well MM now you have to find big targets, with bigger hearts, and bigger fights inside !!!!!! You are setting your standards my friend !!!

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WTF?

Why did we cut Chatman?

Why did we keep Ferguson?

1. Chatman didn't drop a single pass
2. He was a decent returner
3. Chatman was one of our best receivers last season :(

This is not good news :(

I really liked Chatman, and I hate fergy.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he likes big physical guys scratch draft williams out of Wisconsin. MM must be pretty dunce you do need someone on the return teams

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need a small guy for the returner job, I think they might get Brandon Williams for that.

Hank Baskett seems to be pretty interesting if he falls a little in the draft, maybe to the 3rd round if we're lucky, anyone think he can fall that far?

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD why would you not cut Fergy first he has shown absolutely nothing to the Packers. No skill no desire.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
fergy...value?!? He's injury prone, soft, and hasn't done anything in the last 2 years

Chatman isn't the ultimate answer, but as others have said, I hate seeing someone like him cut loose...you can't tell me he can't be the #4 wr for the pack next year!

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly dont think so

1 you never trade to a divisional opponent
2 why would they want him they see him twice every year and he sucks more likely the bears would pick up chatman

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Disappointing. Hopefully it is just some kind of salary cap move. I wouldn't mind seeing somebody beat Chatman out in training camp for that punt returner/#4 receiver job, but I think he at least deserves to battle for the job.

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i really believe we did this because we will pick up a reciever in free agency

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well we do need a returner now so he could be a good option. or possibly brandon lloyd. he was on the 49ers with mcarthy and hes pretty good

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We will probably sign Gardner. I don't blame Ferguson for being injury prone and what I read he did work hard. Just a really bad pick when we could have had Chambers and I said that at the time. But I really don't understand cutting Chatman. He will get picked up.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another one of Mike Sherman's guys gone.
This is TT's team now, nobody is safe.
Goodluck to Antonio, one muffed punt in 3 years, 0 fumbles,
and a heck of a 4th reciever, he will land on his feet somewnere.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still would have been better served to pick up the option and then shop him for a 4th round pick or something like it. Pretty stupid to just let him go

Staff online

Members online