Packers (besides rookies) that have something to prove in 07

Reaction score
Who are the Packers, in your opinion, that have something to prove in the 07 season?

Do you think they can?

I'll start:

DB coach, Kurt Schottenheimer

- He has been the DB coach for 2 of the past 3 years in which our pass D has been beyond horrible. We were riddled with "communication errors" throughout the year, and while a S duo may have experienced growing pains that led to those errors, having the same errors in week 10/11 indicates there is a serious problem beyond the players 'not getting it'.

Schott hasn't exactly done anything of note in his career either. Let's face it, we don't exactly hear glowing reviews about him either from his previous stints.

We've got a good and promising FS in Collins that has the potential to be a great S. We've got an experienced SS in Manuel that can lay the lumber, a young SS in Underwood that loves to hit and showed something last year before getting injured, a young SS in Culver that showed some potential last year, and a rookie SS that has speed/height/and good tackling ability.

We're not short on talent, so it is up to Kurt to develop someone to be a compotent SS and to figure out why Collins played all-pro in week 16, and how to make sure he plays that way week in/week out.

However, I don't think Kurt will do squat. He hasn't impressed anyone with his 'skill' as a coach, and is it really a fluke that our two worst pass D's were with Kurt as DB coach? I don't think so.

I think he gets fired at the end of the year, and McCarthy hopefully hires someone who isn't the brother of a close friend.

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We do have something to prove and definetly in the secondary. He won't get fired if he does well obviously, but it is pivitol that we get those safties ready.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings needs to prove that his production dropped because of a bum ankle. Likelihood: high
Poppinga needs to prove that he belongs in the startling lineup with a 2nd year Hodge and a bunch of promising rookies on the roster. Likelihood: high
McCarthy needs to prove that he is willing to run the ball in the red zone. Likelihood: medium
Favre needs to prove he's not fading as fast as some people think. Likelihood: medium-high (depending on the critic)
The whole team needs to prove that a good locker room and team atmosphere gives them an edge and improves the record of the team. Likelihood: ?

Probably more. This team has to prove they are contenders from the top of the roster to the bottom.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Packers (besides rookies) that have something to prove i

I started to write a long, detailed listing of those I felt had something to prove this year, and then I realized that I can't think of one single person who doesn't.

I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say Ferguson and Bubba Franks hsve something to prove. Fergie might not make the roster. Bubba needs to stop dropping passes.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah im going with Bubba on this one.

we drafted a TE in the last round, we got Zac Alcorn and Lee. that may not sound like a lot of competition to some..... but thats three guys that could steal his job in a hot minute. he needs to prove hes the guy still.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Hmmm KGB or Manuel. KGB that he is still worth the money... and Manuel that he deserves a roster spot.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Manuel has offered sufficient evidence. He is on the team only if there are injuries at Safety.

I'm almost with Lare on this. The exceptions who really don't have much to prove are the self motivators, Driver, Tauscher, Wells, and perhaps Barnett. I'm looking for improvement from everyone else.

I really want Marty Schottenhiemer to get another coaching job and take his brother.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree with the fact that everyone needs to prove something. maybe an outsider would say that Driver, for example, doesn't have anything to prove. But if Driver has it in his mind that he has nothing to prove, he will not improve. constant critiquing of oneself is necessary for improvement.