Packers at Eagles - MNF Game Thread

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have fun doing ......well whatever...might be the same thing the Eagles are doing to the Packers, at least the Packers might make it a full 60 minutes ;)
I think whatever anyone is doing besides watching the game might be more fun than watching the game.
I'll see if I can put some paint on her wall just to watch it dry.
LOL

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read your post and then swapped the names of "Eagles" with "Packers"......in that scenario, we get crushed.

I would be drinking the Kool-Aid of "this is an easy win" for the Packers, had we gotten even wins, yet alone "easy" against Indy, Tenn. and Washington.
I can't even remember the last time the Packers got an "easy win".

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I watch all of the Eagles games.

This is a team that is shattered in health and in spirit. Their NFC East rivals are too far ahead to realistically catch, and the remaining schedule is brutal. They have nobody that can catch passes. WAS is up there with ATL and PIT as the most dangerous passing teams in the league when healthy. Their receiving corps are INSANELY good, and Cousins is a naturally gifted passer. His decision making in the red zone is another thing entirely. The point is : the Eagles are the polar opposite of the Redskins in terms of passing game threat. GB's biggest weakness at the moment is the shattered secondary. PHI has nowhere near the personnel to make much of that.

On the bad side, they have been hot so far this year at home. I don't think that matters as much as it has before though, with the combo of them being virtually knocked out of the playoffs, and their injuries/suspensions in tandem are ludicrous.

I don't see how PHI has a shot to be honest. That's a dead team walking. GB still has playmakers, and AR12 has quietly been doing quite well of late.

Healthy Eagles at home in playoff contention? That would be a tough task. This Eagles team that will show up Monday after the physical and mental beatings they've taken lately? Pack wins. Convincingly.

Thanks for the assessment. I was thinking that this was a stronger team than what you indicated above.

Then again, this Packer defense is so bad that if the Eagle team bus gets stuck in traffic and they miss the first quarter, we'd still have given up a few TDs.

D

Deleted member 6794

Got to eliminate the slow starts though. That's been the only thing with the offense. 3 and outs in the first quarter have killed us.

The perception about the Packers offense starting slow is wrong though. The team ranks seventh in the league in points scored and has the sixth lowest percentage of drives ending in a punt in the first quarter. The defense has struggled though with only the Browns giving up more points during the first 15 minutes of a game.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The perception about the Packers offense starting slow is wrong though. The team ranks seventh in the league in points scored and has the sixth lowest percentage of drives ending in a punt in the first quarter. The defense has struggled though with only the Browns giving up more points during the first 15 minutes of a game.
Allow me to go a more simplistic route - the Packers have score 10 first quarter points in the past 3 games, and 0 points in the last 2 games. That has to get turned around. Quickly.

Three 3 and outs to start the Redskins game, 2 of the first three possessions in the Titans game resulted in a three and out. The one in the middle of those two 3 and outs was 6 plays for 17 yards. Even in the Colts game there were two drives in a row that we didn't get a 1st down in the 1st quarter.

While I appreciate your statistics which cover the entire season, you and I both know it's been a different team in the past few games and we have seen an extremely disturbing trend of starting slow in the 1st quarter, and it has to be stopped. Our defense isn't good enough to throw up goose eggs in the 1st quarter.

I'm always one to not blame the offense, namely Rodgers, but it's tough to argue that we haven't been way behind the 8 ball by not punching it in the end zone lately in the 1st quarter.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Eagles have ruled out RB Ryan Mathews for Monday's game vs. the Packers.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That might be negative for the Packers. More passing for Philly. More snaps for Sproles, a guy who has given the Packers some trouble over the years.

Exactly. Sproles has given us fits is the passing game as well. Have to shut down those screens and little flare passes they like to throw to him.

D

Deleted member 6794

That might be negative for the Packers. More passing for Philly. More snaps for Sproles, a guy who has given the Packers some trouble over the years.

While that might be true Mathews is the Eagles most dangerous weapon in the red zone.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Based on the evaluation above, their weapons in the red zone may well be irrelevant - unless they recover or intercept there, they'll probably just score from their own end of the field. :)

H

HardRightEdge

While that might be true Mathews is the Eagles most dangerous weapon in the red zone.
Without the deep pass vulnerability in the red zone, the Packers D is 26th. in the league in red zone TD%, 29th in the league over the last 3 games, and 31st. in the league on the road. There's been plenty of confusion in the red zone coverage; throwing the ball there is probably the best option anyway.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Without the deep pass vulnerability in the red zone, the Packers D is 26th. in the league in red zone TD%, 29th in the league over the last 3 games, and 31st. in the league on the road. There's been plenty of confusion in the red zone coverage; throwing the ball there is probably the best option anyway.

This stat tells the story of why they give up so many dang points on the road. They can't stop anyone.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we're gonna lose , l want to get blown out. l wanna see us beat down like never before. That goes for the remaining games too.

Why? Because maybe Murphy will see how bad we are and make critical changes.

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we're gonna lose , l want to get blown out. l wanna see us beat down like never before. That goes for the remaining games too.

Why? Because maybe Murphy will see how bad we are and make critical changes.

I'm with ya, because I think that's what it's going to take, and / or empty seats in Lambeau and less Packers merchandise sold. This will be the first year in over 25 years that zero Packer products are being purchased for Xmas at my house.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm with ya, because I think that's what it's going to take, and / or empty seats in Lambeau and less Packers merchandise sold. This will be the first year in over 25 years that zero Packer products are being purchased for Xmas at my house.

If Lambeau isnt sold out during the slight rought patch. I worry for when this Team goes into the Dumps like during the 70-80s.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If Lambeau isnt sold out during the slight rought patch. I worry for when this Team goes into the Dumps like during the 70-80s.

There is never any real fear that Lambeau won't be sold out (see season ticket waiting list). Sure, some people might choose not to go sit in 10 degree weather on a cold December day when their Packers are out playoff contention, but their seats are payed for and Russ Ball is sitting behind his desk counting the money.

Mark Andrew Hooley

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stay positive everyone. This is the week from which we run the table. 9-7 could even take the division. Lions still have to go to the Superdome, plus Giants and Cowboys and then us. Go Pack go!

Members online

Latest posts