1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packers ask Miami "Whats up with Taylor?"

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PackOne, Jun 18, 2008.

1. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
  2. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think it'd be a good pickup. I've said it before. However I'm hearing more and more reports that he wants to play only one more year. You'd have to think for the Packers to do a deal they'd want at least 2 to 4 years out of him.

3. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    from a football standpoint i think it would be a perfect move.

but how well would he fit in this locker room. hes kind of a bigger personality and this team seems to be comfortable around eachother as young as they all are.

4. RainX

RainX Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    If he's willing to committ to 2 years, offer a 3rd rounder. We've got the cap space to pick up the last two years of his contract, and we'd have one of the deepest and most dangerous DE corps in the NFL. Taylor, Kampman, KGB, Jenkins, and Thompson.

5. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Miami papers are reporting this as well now.

6. ChiliMaddensChili

ChiliMaddensChili Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The Vikes got Allen. If we stepped up our pass rush we would be significantly closer to another Lombardi trophy.

7. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    No thanks.

I'm going on record now that I think this is a bad move. He's too worried about dancing and being in movies than playing football. I'm sure he just likes the paycheck and the fact that he still has a LITTLE gas left in the tank to squeeze out one last payday.

No thanks.

8. MassPackersFan

MassPackersFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He's interested in playing for a contender. I'm sure it's more than just a paycheck. He has always played hard - I don't see why we should suddenly think differently because he was on Dancing with the Stars.

I'd be for it, as long as we didn't overspend.

9. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
  10. Andy

Andy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think it is a perfect scenario. Taylor would be a dynamic bookend to Kampman. Jenkins can move inside then. Taylor can also play for coaches he has played for in Nunn and Sanders. Maybe Ron Wolf can help out, as he is tight with Parcells and is TT's mentor. The key is that Taylor has to commit to at LEAST two years.

11. vipercwf

vipercwf Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm all about it. Gotta make a splash once in awhile..

12. Arles

Arles Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    There's no better way to setup a good Hollywood career than having a visible playoff run in your final two seasons in the NFL. If he just bombs out on a 6-10 Miami team this year, he won't have the visibility as if he had a finish like Strahan. He knows that, his agent knows that and I wouldn't be surprised to hear later they were pushing bigtime for a deal to a contender behind the scenes for that exact reason.

13. millertime

millertime Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd rather have unfocused Jason Taylor than a completely focused Mike Montgomery.

You have to admit that towards the end of last season our D-line depth was depleted. Adding a guy of JT's calibur would keep our other guys fresh.

We couldn't pressure the QB which is why Eli Manning could pick apart our secondary in the NFC championship game.

A fourth round pick isn't a big deal. The fourth rounders on our team are Poppinga, Blackmon, and Barbre.

I'd rather have Jason Taylor for one year than any of those guys (verdicts still out on Barbre) for four years (the length of their rookie deals).

14. evad04

evad04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Nearing the end of the season a lot of the trouble we had defensively flowed directly from the defensive line. And our defensive line is damn good -- but it was worn down. Having Taylor and this year's new guy Thompson would add much needed depth at DE -- in the form of a dynamic starter and a quality breather.

15. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I read on ESPN that Miami wanted a first rounder on draft day, but may be willing to settle for a 2nd now. If they lowered it to a fourth, you'd have 31 teams willing to accept that trade.

16. Timmons

Timmons Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Opponents would have to scheme against him until he proved unworthy, which may take more than one season. I haven't seen much of Miami play last year, but if the price is right, I'd say do it.

He may also take some pressure off of Rodgers as far as media fodder goes.

17. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    hahaha I would love it, starts to dream about what I could say to bro about this!

18. Cubanpenguin

Cubanpenguin Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Just think, In Miami they had no other decent linemen to take the pressure off Taylor. Now if he came to GB opponents would have to worry about him, Kampman and Pickett. Pickett already takes two guys to stop him just about every play. So that would leave either Kampman or Taylor one on one for pretty much the whole game, that would be insane.

19. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I'll hold back on my excitement till something actually happens.
    (Although that can be hard to do!)

20. Packerfanforever

Packerfanforever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think it would be wise to take care some of our own players first.... ex.. get grant signed, give jennings a well deserving extension. I also think we would be better off if we improved and developed from within. Look at what Jolly did for half a season, imagine what would have happened if he was healthy the entire season.

21. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hunter and Montgomery are very much against it.

Asking how much something costs doesn't mean that it will be paid.

22. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    i would be thrilled to have Jason Taylor in green and gold.

23. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Taylor and Kampman? Crazy. I vote yes.

24. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I agree with Packfanforever and Trom. I am not sold on his commitment and he may bring something to the locker-room this team does not need.

I heard something today that blew me away.

Did you all know, that all 22 starters for the Indianapolis Colts (All 22 Sarters.) HAVE NEVER PLAYED A SINGLE DOWN FOR ANY OTHER TEAM IN THE NFL.

ALL 22 STARTERS ARE HOME GROWN.

That blows me away.

25. packerfan1245

packerfan1245 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    HELL NO. This is a horrible move. I'll take KGB over him any day. He wants a paycheck, and he doesn't like Parcells.