Packers and slow starts during games

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem of this team right now is the offense. We are supposed to be putting up 30pts a game. We should be no worse than 2-1. We can blame MM, Arod, Oline or Lacy.I dont really care we just need to fix it. I say lets mix it up Do some 4 and 5 wide. I would like to see screens to the running backs and try a end around a flea flicker. Who cares if it dont work just give the D something else to think about. Arod run the damn ball when you have a easy run.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Yes, let's take a more complete look.

1st possession: Rush, rush & fumble.
2nd: Rush, rush, incomplete (inc.) pass.
Two rushes which led to a very makeable 3rd and 3. IMO the problem was on 3rd down, not the first two rushes for 7 yards.
3rd: Rush for 6 yards, pass for a 1st down, rush, inc. pass, pass-sacked.
Do you or your wife have a problem with a first down rush for 6 yards? Must not have been that predictable.
4th: Rush, rush (a holding penalty on the Lions gave the Packers a 1st down), pass for a 1st down, inc. pass, rush, pass for 1st down, rush for 9 yds, inc. pass, TD pass.
Interesting you list the TD drive in the “slow start” problem. And how did your wife do guessing two consecutive rushes on first down during this drive?
5th: Rush resulting in a safety.
Each of the three blockers on the play side, two of whom (Lang and Bulaga) who are supposed to be good run blockers, screwed up on the play. And so did who I believe they think is their best blocking TE. Even for a rookie, that was embarrassing.
6th: Inc. Pass, rush for 7 yds, pass for a 1st down, rush for 7, rush for 2 (leading to a makeable 3rd & 1), rush for 15 yds, inc. pass, pass, pass-sacked.
Again, it doesn’t look like the running plays were the big problem during this drive, does it?

All running plays aren't equal. Actually looking at these sequences does speak for itself and you don't have to be an NFL coach to see it.

The question, then, stands; Is it the run blocking or the runners who aren't doing well enough? Or is it as the one Lion Defensive lineman said; that Aaron gave the play away by turning around to tell Lacy what to do? Are they studying film and seeing Aaron's tendencies?

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Well, if there's one positive we can take from this game, it's that we scored more points against the Lions than we did back in 2010 in Ford Field.

I can still recall Mike McCarthy taking some flack from fans who went all bonkers over our O scoring only 3 points that game. That was our low point in the season and everyone thought we were done.

But, I remember what happened after that was some of the best most storied football I'd ever witnessed as a Packer fan.

I know, it's 2014 now and it's a different year. But still, this isn't the first time struggles like this have happened with this offense. I'm all for giving it time to be sorted out.
It's not the first time any great offense has had struggles early on. We have the talent, they just have to get in sync and it starts with Lacy. He gets back to last years form and the passing attack is going to take off. Our D played a great game yesterday, they just ran out of steam because they were on the field so long.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
The problem of this team right now is the offense. We are supposed to be putting up 30pts a game. We should be no worse than 2-1. We can blame MM, Arod, Oline or Lacy.I dont really care we just need to fix it. I say lets mix it up Do some 4 and 5 wide. I would like to see screens to the running backs and try a end around a flea flicker. Who cares if it dont work just give the D something else to think about. Arod run the damn ball when you have a easy run.
I hold my breath when Arod takes off. the only time he has been injured is when he is on the run. I don't blame anyone, this is the NFL, these things happen, they always have and they always will. Lacy will get it going the O will gel and go on a rampage.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hold my breath when Arod takes off. the only time he has been injured is when he is on the run. I don't blame anyone, this is the NFL, these things happen, they always have and they always will. Lacy will get it going the O will gel and go on a rampage.
Yeah I dont want him taking hits. There has been times he could run without getting touched.

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say lets mix it up Do some 4 and 5 wide. I would like to see screens to the running backs and try a end around a flea flicker. Who cares if it dont work just give the D something else to think about. Arod run the damn ball when you have a easy run.

I want to see some screens and short dump offs to Cobb or a guy like Janis and let them go for YAC. Watching Aaron dance around in the pocket for 5 minutes looking for the deep ball when there is someone wide open is becoming his signature foible, like Favre and the Chuck -N- duck.

Members online

Latest posts