Packers and Jaylon Smith closing in on a deal

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It might not have been a trade that saved them that much money, it may have been will give a pick, you pay some salary. Just like we did with Cobb. It may have been well take this player you take ours with money and stuff we don’t want.

Regardless, if the Panthers were in on trade talks, I honestly feel that whatever it was, it wasn’t enough and for the cowboys to say, we know you don’t want to go there but that’s where we’re sending you.
To your last point Mondio, I don't think any club much cares where they send a player as long as they get a player or something back that they like. Cobb might be an exception, but he clearly wasn't in the Texans plans anyway.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly don't believe the Cowboys passed on saving $5.6 million of cash and cap space in addition to receiving a draft pick in return by trading Smith just out of respect for him to sign with a team he likes.
Agreed. The NFL is a business. They do what is best for their team. Anything else would be bad management. Sometimes it works out well - look at Matthew Stafford. Of course the other side of that coin is Jared Goff in Detroit. I'm just guessing he'd rather be somewhere else.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So all of this means you're going to invent reasons to skew negative on everything?

Don't you see that that's literally no different than someone who invents reasons to spin positive on everything?

What if we all just try to call balls and strikes according to our best judgment?
Good last point. I mean all owners and GMs are doing what they think it takes to get better, and hopefully someday to winning a SB. That's it. Our job is to enjoy the game, *** hard as that can be at times!

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’d guess you are wrong about the last part… Packers fans are pretty good at knowing the past. Incidentally a saw an interview once where Kramer just winked and smiled when asked if jumped early on that play. lol
Interesting. I think that's Kramer having fun. I'watched that play live and have seen it countless others. I never saw and never heard that Kramer jumped. If he did, it was milliseconds and the technology wasn't good enough then to catch it. In my heart, I don't think he jumped. He made an incredible play while frozen like a block of ice.

D

Deleted member 6794

Remember who runs the Cowboys. Not exactly your everyday owner.

Jerry Jones has made some strange moves but I highly doubt he would agree to pay $5.6 million just to not offend a player they're ready to move on from.

To your last point Mondio, I don't think any club much cares where they send a player as long as they get a player or something back that they like. Cobb might be an exception, but he clearly wasn't in the Texans plans anyway.

I truly believe the Packers were the only team offering a pick for Cobb, therefore the Texans agreed to trade him to Green Bay.

Agreed. The NFL is a business. They do what is best for their team. Anything else would be bad management. Sometimes it works out well - look at Matthew Stafford. Of course the other side of that coin is Jared Goff in Detroit. I'm just guessing he'd rather be somewhere else.

I'm quite sure the Lions would like to have a different QB than Goff as well ;)

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jerry Jones has made some strange moves but I highly doubt he would agree to pay $5.6 million just to not offend a player they're ready to move on from.

I truly believe the Packers were the only team offering a pick for Cobb, therefore the Texans agreed to trade him to Green Bay.

I'm quite sure the Lions would like to have a different QB than Goff as well ;)
Cobb might not be in the NFL if it weren't for Rodgers. He's playing better and he's certainly a good guy. I don't think there were many other options at slot anyway.

I guess the Lions are in rebuild (aren't they always?????). Do you know what they got in exchange for Stafford? I didn't follow it that close.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cobb might not be in the NFL if it weren't for Rodgers. He's playing better and he's certainly a good guy. I don't think there were many other options at slot anyway.

I guess the Lions are in rebuild (aren't they always?????). Do you know what they got in exchange for Stafford? I didn't follow it that close.
Lions got a 3rd this past draft, a first-round pick next year, a first-round pick in 2023 and quarterback Jared Goff.

I think this trade more or less set the market for an A-Rod trade, and became a barrier to achieving any deal better or even equivalent. Just my opinion. Lions got a lot for Stafford.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lions got a 3rd this past draft, a first-round pick next year, a first-round pick in 2023 and quarterback Jared Goff.

I think this trade more or less set the market for an A-Rod trade, and became a barrier to achieving any deal better or even equivalent. Just my opinion. Lions got a lot for Stafford.
And if they stayed pat Stafford would not have been enough to get them even to 500. Goff is younger than Stafford and if the team develops in a year or two they can decide which way they go with him.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

When you consider that Stafford has been in the league for 12 years, yeah the Lions got a good deal. It would have been better, maybe, to trade him to Carolina or a team more likely to have higher draft picks, but Stafford nixed all those. Who can blame him? He wants a ring and the Rams were his best shot. The shine is off the Rams a little bit after huge pre-season expectations. They are still a very good team and one of the four best in the NFC (Arizona, LA, Dallas, Green Bay).

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure about the nfl but I do think Rod had a lot to do with him being back with Packs. And I am glad he is, hopefully he will retire with the Packs.

Now if Rod can talk Jordy to come back..... for those who take everything on here Literally, that was a joke.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure about the nfl but I do think Rod had a lot to do with him being back with Packs. And I am glad he is, hopefully he will retire with the Packs.

Now if Rod can talk Jordy to come back..... for those who take everything on here Literally, that was a joke.
Cobb has surprised me and I'm glad he's back. I took the Jordy comment in jest - but damn, would love to have him back in his prime to pair with Adams.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When you consider that Stafford has been in the league for 12 years, yeah the Lions got a good deal. It would have been better, maybe, to trade him to Carolina or a team more likely to have higher draft picks, but Stafford nixed all those. Who can blame him? He wants a ring and the Rams were his best shot. The shine is off the Rams a little bit after huge pre-season expectations. They are still a very good team and one of the four best in the NFC (Arizona, LA, Dallas, Green Bay).
You omitted the obvious....Tampa Bay.

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score

they got an extra first round pick because they agreed to take goff and his ridiculously overpriced contract.

Members online

Latest posts