Packers and Jaylon Smith closing in on a deal

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont know, imo there is no way you can objectively tell after 2 weeks. Just a headscratcher to me why you wouldnt give him the season so you have more of an opportunity to check him out as well as see where Campbell ends up.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont know, imo there is no way you can objectively tell after 2 weeks. Just a headscratcher to me why you wouldnt give him the season so you have more of an opportunity to check him out as well as see where Campbell ends up.
some things are obvious. The Packers have very little invested in him. If he is not going to help now … I understand why they wouldn’t want to spend time money and a roster spot on someone that would be a free agent at the end of the season anyway. With the salary cap … and the Rodgers/Adams situation… the Packers are pretty much in a win now or else point. If Smith wasn’t going to help with that… I wouldn’t want him in the way.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
some things are obvious. The Packers have very little invested in him. If he is not going to help now … I understand why they wouldn’t want to spend time money and a roster spot on someone that would be a free agent at the end of the season anyway. With the salary cap … and the Rodgers/Adams situation… the Packers are pretty much in a win now or else point. If Smith wasn’t going to help with that… I wouldn’t want him in the way.
Exactly. I think I remember reading that he was pretty vocal about being a healthy inactive in Dallas and the Packers did the same thing to him before the Cards game. Guessing if he became negative and vocal about it, that would have pushed him out the door faster. Just to be clear, I don't know if he did...but it is a possible explanation, along with many others.

Tass

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Cowboy fan that posted here was correct in his assessment imo. He's worthy of listening to. He's seen him play every week of his career.

Thanks for the shoutout!

I'm surprised the Packers didn't give Jaylon more time to make an impact as well but it seems the coaching staff is convinced he won't be an upgrade over anyone else currently on the roster.

The guy simply doesn't have the tools anymore. He can't plant and drive, he isn't aware/instinctive, his speed is greatly reduced, and he has very limited change of direction ability. Even if he knew the playbook inside and out his body simply won't allow him to make NFL plays. The only thing 'elite' about that dude is his ego. When I first told you guys all of this I wasn't trying to wee on your bonfire, it was just me stating the facts. The good news is it opens up a spot for someone else who is hungry and able to come in and make some plays for you.

Members online

Latest posts