1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packers and flex scheduling....

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Mushroom, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Mushroom

Mushroom Packer Owner/Shareholder

Ratings:
    +106
    As you all know from weeks 11-17 the NFL can, for the most part, switch up time slots for games. The exceptions being Thursday, Saturday and Monday games.
    Im wondering what the odds are that the Packers get any of their games "flexed". I doubt they're gonna get bumped from their New England game, but, do you guys (and gal(s?) see any games forthcoming that would necessitate a primetime slot?
    The NYG game is at 3:15, that's Fox's version of primetime, so that game will probably stay put.
    The Bears game? Only if we head into it a game apart from one another....

Of course, this is all assuming they continue to live up to expectations. Thoughts?

And another to go with it, have the Packers ever been "Flexed" in the past 4 years? Besides after a #52 sack of course :)

I know, its a dull thread, but its a bye week, gimme a break....

2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,480
    If Vikings win next week, then that would mean a Vik win vs Pack they are only one game back

That week for me only one that could be moved

3. Mushroom

Ratings:
    +106
    Not a bad thought...And im sure the NFL would like to squeeze every last dollar outta Brett that they can get.

4. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
  5. Mushroom

Ratings:
    +106
  6. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    FOX and CBS can protect up to 5 games each. Fox has chosen to protect 2 Packer games- Two weeks from now vs. Minnesota, and Dec. 26th vs. the Giants. Everything else is fair game at this point.

If I had to wager a guess on any Packers games to get flexed, I would bet on either Packers @ Falcons or Packers vs. Bears. Hell, maybe even both. Packers @ Falcons could be compelling as one or both teams could be competing for a top division seed, and Packers @ Bears would draw as both could be competing for a division championship and a playoff spot.

I'm not sure if inter-conference games can be flexed, but if so, Packers @ Patriots could be another one. It's a Fox game, both teams have a decent nationwide draw and both are right in the thick of things, which could mean good ratings for NBC.

7. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    favre is a ratings bonanza

8. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +653
    :viksux:

9. dogpackerz

dogpackerz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +37
    \

If the NFL is going to flex the Vikes/Pack game. It has to be flexed by Tuesday, November 9th at 4pm....
    THATS TOMORROW....OUCH..

Fans and ticket holders must be aware that NFL games in flex weeks are subject to change 12 days in advance (6 days in Week 17) and should plan accordingly.

NFL Flexible Scheduling

10. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
  11. dogpackerz

dogpackerz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +37

i personally dont think any of the Packs games will be flexed...with those 2 games protected.
    jan 2nd game vs. bears : could be, but da bears freaking suck, and the bears schedule is brutal the next 2 months

12. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    I wouldnt be surprised if that Giants game was if it isnt already

13. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Per the two sources I linked, the Giants game is also protected.

The only game I could see being flexed would be GB @ Atlanta, though it's not likely since NBC might want to stick with currently scheduled SD @ Indy. Looking over the schedule again, I don't think any of the other games will be flexed into Sunday Night. We already play the Patriots on Sunday Night football and I just noticed there are no Sunday Night games the last weekend of the season, so the Bears game would not be flexed.

14. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    good call. I missed that.

Peyton is also a ratings magnet, colts chargers it is