Packers and bounties

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Completely different. I see no wrong in the Packers bounty system. Where the Saints went awry is the trying to injure a player. That what made their system so horrible.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The technicality is that the Packers weren't running a bounty system. They offered each other incentives for good play, not rewards for causing injury. I think that's an important distinction. It was also nipped in the bud. On Monday I heard Mark Schlereth say that he never heard anybody anywhere talk about bounties during his playing days. But they always had bets/pools/incentives like what was noted by the Packers.

I think that is the clear difference. I'm sure that the NFL will curb all non-contract based incentive pools but don't see this as favoritism. Saints fans just want to bring the ship down with the sinking passenger.

Reaction score
I think they're just grasping for straws, but can't blame 'em... Dudes got **** slapped hard by the commish and what not.
The Saint's fans are the ones that have to suffer 'cause of their coaches running this system.

L

Lunchboxer

Also to note. Saints kept lying that they had a bounty program. In this case lying was worse than the actual crime.

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
NFL Findings against Packers = Zero
NFL Findings against Aints = Bounties on Rodgers, Warner, Newton and Favre...

Aints and their fans can GFT... and I agree with 13Time... sure didnt help them play D any better since our Offense put up 42 pts on them...

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
sure didnt help them play D any better since our Offense put up 42 pts on them...

Careful. The Saints might use that as their next excuse. "See look the bounty program didn't even work!!!!"

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure didn't help them play defense any better.

Yes it did. Peterson rushed for less than 100 yards that game, exactly one week after he set the single game rushing record against the Chargers. I remember it well because some a*shole Charger fan was talking trash to my fiancee for being a Broncos fan and then got in my face about being a Packers fan. He shut up real quick when I told him what we did to Peterson.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why are are you searching their forum? I'm sure the fans have been embarassed enough.

I frequent the site. I have for the past 6 months. I post on and off on there. It's actually I nice forum as its so busy all the time. I check it almost daily actually.