Hi from Switzerland

Hans Solo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I grew up and still living in Zurich, Switzerland. The first football game I saw was back in 2007 when my neighbor invited me to his home for watching the SB XLI.
Image yourself you’ve never watched an NFL game and have zero clue about the rules and the tactics, you’re finding yourself more confused than a fish in a bird nest.

However, I kept on watching the SB for the coming years and my awareness for the sport was becoming bigger and bigger. Unfortunately you could only watch the SB in german free TV, so there was almost no opportunity to watch
all the other games. So I never started rooting for a certain franchise.

Then finally SB XLV has arrived and I was asking my neighbor: ,,Where is this place called Green Bay? I’ve never heard of this place…’’. Then he started to explain me a bit of the Packers history and the structure of their organization.

I’ve felt in love with the Packers immediately. The fact that the Packers are the oldest team in the NFL to still play in their origin city and stadium has blown my mind when I thought about the community as itself. I was even more stunned when I was told that the Packers are the only team in professional US sports which are owned by more than 300’000 shareholders. So it became obvious to me, that the Packers are more than just a common NFL franchise, they have to be truly special.
This was the point when I found myself a team to root for.
In the coming years and learned more and more about the Packers history and it’s truly unique relationship with their hometown and fans.

In 2017 and 2018 my neighbor (better know as Simms87) and myself spent each of those years 2 weeks in the US to watch some Packers games, and have visited Lambeau Field, US Bank Stadium and the Soldier Field to see the Pack in action.
(Unfortunately 3 losses of 4 games, and the only win was with Hundley against the Bears in Chicago).

And now I’m looking forward to a new, hopefully exciting, era in Packers history and another trip to the great state of Wisconsin.

Go Pack Go from Zurich!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you're going to call yourself Han(s) Solo, you should refer to your neighbor as your wookie :)

Welcome aboard

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I grew up and still living in Zurich, Switzerland. The first football game I saw was back in 2007 when my neighbor invited me to his home for watching the SB XLI.
Image yourself you’ve never watched an NFL game and have zero clue about the rules and the tactics, you’re finding yourself more confused than a fish in a bird nest.

However, I kept on watching the SB for the coming years and my awareness for the sport was becoming bigger and bigger. Unfortunately you could only watch the SB in german free TV, so there was almost no opportunity to watch

Then finally SB XLV has arrived and I was asking my neighbor: ,,Where is this place called Green Bay? I’ve never heard of this place…’’. Then he started to explain me a bit of the Packers history and the structure of their organization.

I’ve felt in love with the Packers immediately. The fact that the Packers are the oldest team in the NFL to still play in their origin city and stadium has blown my mind when I thought about the community as itself. I was even more stunned when I was told that the Packers are the only team in professional US sports which are owned by more than 300’000 shareholders. So it became obvious to me, that the Packers are more than just a common NFL franchise, they have to be truly special.
In the coming years and learned more and more about the Packers history and it’s truly unique relationship with their hometown and fans.

In 2017 and 2018 my neighbor (better know as Simms87) and myself spent each of those years 2 weeks in the US to watch some Packers games, and have visited Lambeau Field, US Bank Stadium and the Soldier Field to see the Pack in action.
(Unfortunately 3 losses of 4 games, and the only win was with Hundley against the Bears in Chicago).

And now I’m looking forward to a new, hopefully exciting, era in Packers history and another trip to the great state of Wisconsin.

Go Pack Go from Zurich!

Nice. Welcome to the forum.

OP
OP
Hans Solo

Hans Solo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you're going to call yourself Han(s) Solo, you should refer to your neighbor as your wookie :)

Welcome aboard

This is quite accurate when I think about it. He's a lot taller than me, almost as furry as the original and uses strange noises instead of a common human language ;)

TDF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi folks,

Go Pack Go from Zurich!
Welcome to the wonderful world of being a Packer fan! It is truly unique in all American sports. You picked the right team to be a fan of, best fans and best history of all football.
It’s funny you mentioned German TV. I was in Germany a couple of years ago and watched the Packers be the Seahawks live at Green Bay and the play by play was in Deutsch

Members online

Latest posts