Packers aim for 12 straight home win...

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Obi1 said:
Philtration said:
rabidgopher04 said:
It's funny how you guys are being so ******* the Bears fans when the real rivalry of the last 8 years has been the Vikings and the Packers. The Bears have hardly been relevant for quite some time.

Actually the Tampa Bay Buccaneers were more competitive than the Vikings the last 5 years that they played in our division. You are getting emotional over the last 3 seasons (when the Vikings never even won 10 games in a season) and let Randy Moss blur your vision.
Here are the W-L records for the last 5 years including Tampa's last 5 seasons in the division. If the Bears are as irrelevant as you say then what makes the Vikings so special in your eyes? I don’t see a big difference in the Bears-Vikings records.
G.B. 51-27
T.B. 48-32
MIN. 37-43
CHI. 34-46
DET. 25-55

Here are the W-L records for the division from 1984 to 1992 before the Bears went into hibernation.
CHI. 95-35
MIN. 65-86
G.B. 57-85
DET. 53-88
T.B. 39-104
The Vikings were the Bears closest competitors but their biggest rival? Hardly!

How about from 1977 to 2001 when Tampa Bay played in the Central division?
CHI. 207-170
MIN. 204-193
G.B. 195-195
DET. 168-223
T.B. 151-238
That’s a 25-year span and again the Vikings were the Bears closest competitors but they have never been the Bears biggest rivals.
:stop:

Phillie,

Which BEARS statistics site did you get this from?

How nice of YOU/THEM to omit 20 losses to boost their record for the 25 seasons.

No wonder some people on this site think you are a *******.

Okay turd burglar. Since you did not like the numbers that I got from NFL.com I went to the Bears official site. They list the Bears record from 1977 to 2001 as 209-181 so at what site did you find these imaginary 20 loses? Let me guess.....www. obi1idiot.com right? :crazy:

Actually, It is called MATH.

Add up the total number of games each team has played and then add the Bears totals...

I can see that your addition is wrong.

I blame the school system for your ineptness...

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn, I was hoping you guys could keep your streak going.
I'm sure you're happy you didn't help the evil Vikings, though.

Condolences on your loss. :cry:

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
Philtration said:
Obi1 said:
Philtration said:
rabidgopher04 said:
It's funny how you guys are being so ******* the Bears fans when the real rivalry of the last 8 years has been the Vikings and the Packers. The Bears have hardly been relevant for quite some time.

Actually the Tampa Bay Buccaneers were more competitive than the Vikings the last 5 years that they played in our division. You are getting emotional over the last 3 seasons (when the Vikings never even won 10 games in a season) and let Randy Moss blur your vision.
Here are the W-L records for the last 5 years including Tampa's last 5 seasons in the division. If the Bears are as irrelevant as you say then what makes the Vikings so special in your eyes? I don’t see a big difference in the Bears-Vikings records.
G.B. 51-27
T.B. 48-32
MIN. 37-43
CHI. 34-46
DET. 25-55

Here are the W-L records for the division from 1984 to 1992 before the Bears went into hibernation.
CHI. 95-35
MIN. 65-86
G.B. 57-85
DET. 53-88
T.B. 39-104
The Vikings were the Bears closest competitors but their biggest rival? Hardly!

How about from 1977 to 2001 when Tampa Bay played in the Central division?
CHI. 207-170
MIN. 204-193
G.B. 195-195
DET. 168-223
T.B. 151-238
That’s a 25-year span and again the Vikings were the Bears closest competitors but they have never been the Bears biggest rivals.
:stop:

Phillie,

Which BEARS statistics site did you get this from?

How nice of YOU/THEM to omit 20 losses to boost their record for the 25 seasons.

No wonder some people on this site think you are a *******.

Okay turd burglar. Since you did not like the numbers that I got from NFL.com I went to the Bears official site. They list the Bears record from 1977 to 2001 as 209-181 so at what site did you find these imaginary 20 loses? Let me guess.....www. obi1idiot.com right? :crazy:

Actually, It is called MATH.

Add up the total number of games each team has played and then add the Bears totals...

I can see that your addition is wrong.

I blame the school system for your ineptness...

Then I guess that every source of NFL information in the world including the leagues official site is wrong with the exception of you.
The whole point of my first comment was that the Vikings and Bears were much closer to each other as far as competition for many years but that never stopped the Packers from being the Bears biggest rival.
Why you insist on getting all pissy and changing the subject all of the time is beyond me but it defiantly shows that you don't have a lot to say about the topics at hand or football in general.
You spend far more time calling people "*******" but I guess that's because it's a subject that you know quite a lot about.
:crazy:

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Phillie wrote,

"Then I guess that every source of NFL information in the world is wrong with the exception of you. The whole point of my first comment was that the Vikings and Bears were much closer to each other as far as competition for many years but that never stopped the Packers from being the Bears biggest rival.
Why you insist on getting all pissy and changing the subject all of the time is beyond me but it defiantly shows that you don't have a lot to say about the topics at hand or football in general.
You spend far more time calling people "*******" but I guess that's because it's a subject that you know quite a lot about. "

THIS ARGUMENT IS MORONIC.

whatever source you got the info from, you didn't add the Bears losses correctly because it is 20 short. MOST intelligent people wouild know this already. It is apparent YOU know less than nothing.

The NFL.com likely did NOT singleout that set of years for comparison sakes so you looked it up year by year, added them up,(INCORRECTLY), then thought you knew it all... OR OMITTED the 20 losses to falsely state your case.

Either way your info is WRONG and if it is the latter your intention is impure. Which makes you of poor character.

******* was what somebody else called you. I think is fitting.

And by the way WHO is the one that lurks on an opposing team's board and tries to change every subject to a bearies subject?

I called you a troll and that is what you are.

******* or troll, which would YOU prefer?

BTW, the Vikings will beat your sorry assed team for the NFC north title.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:

And if that happens (and the odds are getting slimmer with each passing week), just how will that make you feel better about this Packers season? :roll:

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Obi1 said:

And if that happens (and the odds are getting slimmer with each passing week), just how will that make you feel better about this Packers season? :roll:

Why do you care?

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then why bother asking? or lurking around for hours on end?

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this whole topic is pretty stupid. gb-chi is no doubt a great nfl rivalry but it all depends where you are. i'm with rabid. when you are a gb fan in mn, you circle the 2 gb-mn games. i know 1 bears fan and a whole state of on again off again vikes fans. obviously mn games are more important here. there's probably some pack fans in philly or dallas that would argue that those matchups are the best.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
(this new thread auto-search feature is interesting)

ALRIGHT, I wanted to make a new thread about the 6-GAME RUN we have in front of us.
We had a brutal 5 game stretch on our schedule starting in week 7 with Minnesota, at NYJ, Dallas, at Minnesota, at Atlanta. (of course, Minny & Dallas turned out to be not so tough although Minny still was tough the first time, almost beat us).

Regardless, we won 4 in a row there, before falling in a thriller in Atlanta.

Now, we know our next 6-games will be just as hard, starting with our only 2 home games, the Giants and then Bears.

Then we hit the road in the wildcard round, then the NFC divisional, then the NFC title game. We win those all, for a 5-game winning streak heading down here to Dallas to take on the Patriots or Chargers.

Can it be done?
Yes it can.
The 2007-08 Giants did it, very similar road they traveled.

We've already proven we're capable of playing and outplaying all these teams, from Philly to Atlanta to Chicago to even New England.
We just have to stop ******** something up to cost us the game. That can happen to teams. I've seen it many times before.

I still believe this game this week against the Giants is by far the toughest one of all. After that, I feel like our team will play more loose, less pressure. And the Giants are a tough matchup for us. They have a strong DL, and their offense is very versatile. Still, so is Atlanta's and we did pretty good against them, well, Ryan was like 90% and Turner ran for over 100, but we contained Roddy White and held them in check on the scoreboard (20 total), then special teams, as usual, banged us all.

Can we win 6 in a row?
I think so.

L

Lunchboxer

Where did you dig up this old as bones thread. A thread made in 2005

At first I though it was new because something about 12 game win streak at home but then i read on.

Members online

Latest posts