Packer trivia question???

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
The trivia question is how many overall #1 picks have played in a regulation game for the Packers?

* Hints...

Only one was drafted by the Packers. On the lambeau ring of honor too :)

One played only a few games professionally. I think 9 to be exact.

The other player was a modern day player, post 1980.

Tim Couch was on the roster, but never played in a regular season game...

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Russell Maryland, DT. Must have been a horrible draft for him to be taken #1 overall by the Cowboys. Packers signed as FA in late 90's early 00's.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
Russell Maryland, DT. Must have been a horrible draft for him to be taken #1 overall by the Cowboys. Packers signed as FA in late 90's early 00's.

That is two... the other is way back in the day... A kid from Stanford that was aquired to back up Tobin Rote.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In 1952 Vito "Babe" Parilli was drafted to back up Tobin Rote but he was from Kentucky drafted #1.
He played in at least 24 games for the Packers.
In 1957 he QB'd the Packers to a 21-17 win over the Bears.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
In 1952 Vito "Babe" Parilli was drafted to back up Tobin Rote but he was from Kentucky drafted #1.
He played in at least 24 games for the Packers.
In 1957 he QB'd the Packers to a 21-17 win over the Bears.

That is close, but Parilli was picked with the #4 pick overall in 1952. The answer to the third player was involved in a trade that sent Parilli out of Green Bay.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
Was it Bobby Garrett?

Yes it is.... the first two were easy, but Mr. Garrett was a tough one to find and validate.

Interesting part, to me, was that because of a speech impediment Bobby only played in 9 whole games in the NFL. How did the Brown's not catch it before drafting him #1 or the Packers not hear about it before aquiring him in a trade before the season.

Shows just how far the world and especially the NFL as come in 50 years.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
*Trying to practice a search before posting!*

o.k. Oldschoolfan made me think of a trivia question,..but google lessens the challenge quite a bit now!
So no googling!! LOL!

Regardless, I'm going to ask it...It may be too easy, but I just read it not too long ago...

Who is the first special teams player to ever win SuperBowl MVP??

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
LOL!!! well I figured that the ones into stats would nail it,.. Desmond Bishops name reminded me of it,..but I was reading on Desmond Howard the other day, and actually forgot!

I'll get better the longer I stay and read! :blush:

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
o.k... lets get some harder questions then! :emoticon-0181-*****

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
He actually was the tennis couch and member of a doo *** band, if you haven't already watched the 1997 NFL America's game chronicling the Packers superbowl winning season you should. It talks about that in there :p
LOL!! Really?? Well I googled, and didn't find anything on it, so I guess I played one too many games of Balderdash!:pardon:

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is what I remember....but fifty years later? Minnesota Vikings: Funny Jokes (Page 1)

This is a perfect example of why people over 65 should not post! I tried to send you to a review of Lombardi"s career as a teacher. but ended up giving you a Vikings website. Nice timing.

Excuse me.