Packer off field problems

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey does anyone know if the Packers have solved there off field problems? I remember in the past Carrol was having problems and getting into fights. I was just wondering if they are still having those problems.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a Christian you should know the packers can counsel and provide the environment but it is up to the individual to deal with his own problems.

On the whole the Packers do a lot for players that other organizations do not.

I believe the statistics will show most off field problems occur between the Draft and the start of traing camp. Guys are alone with time on their hands.

This is why most teams want guys working out at their facility for monitoring training and reinforcement of ideals.

For example Hunt is a two strike guy in the league substance abuse program facing at least a year suspension if he falls off the wagon. The Packers were willing to pay him a quarter million dollars for minimum participation in the off season work out program. That is more than $10K a week. I think of it as a type of insurance or loss prevention.

For over $300 an hour of work Hunt should have been in Green Bay. The Packers can create the environment to help players but ultimately it is up to them.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers have a support staff to help players adjust to the Professional football. Edger Bennett's position on the Packer's coaching staff was to be an adviser to the players, especially to rookies. Edger has been promoted to full time assistant coach and has been replaced by another coach. I can't recall who he is. There is also a Packer chaplain. The NFL sends representatives in during training camp to advise the players about various things concerning their conduct while being NFL player. The Packers also hold informational classes, especially for rookies, concerning what the organization expects of them. If they don't conform to Packer's rules , the Packers can fine , bench, suspend, or in the worst cases trade or release them, which has been done in the past, but very seldom. On the whole, the Packers have had very few troubles with members of the team considering the many players that have played for the Packers since 1919. But not all were choir boys, just human and at times do not use good judgement. Many Packers have gotten involved with many activities to raise funds for charities and have been involved in helping kids in Green Bay. They have often given their time and money to good causes in Green Bay and their home towns. We have ex packer players who have decided to make Green Bay their home after pro foot ball and have continued to help this community and are respected & productive citizens. In Green Bay, once you are a Green Bay Packer, you are always a Green Bay Packer.

OP
OP
A

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes the Packers have there own people to talk to these trouble makers but just because they are there does not mean that it works.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The one that troubles me is the Al Harris thing. As far as I know, Al hasn't been charged in the ALLEGED assault on the stripper in Florida.

I suspect the prosecution doesn't want to put what is essentially a ********** on the stand to accuse Harris. But if they do charge him, it will at a minimum distract him.
The possible charge is a felony....prison time.
I'm not even sure it was him. The other element is the possibility that it's an extortion thing, which is the most likely. While I don't want to minimize her allegations, either...it is possible it was Al and he went too far, she might have been just trying to maximize the financial returns that night.
The Torrence Marshall thing is moot, since Marshall is a FA...not on the Packers roster(and hopefully not again)
The A. Green thing will go away, but his track record with his partners/wives is not a good one. This one might go to court, but probably be resolved short of jail time. Couples usually go to a family court commissioner and anger management, etc. I know the couple is divorcing, but the offense must be dealt with since there was an allegation.

OP
OP
A

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes I agree that is a bad situation with Haris. Not only bad for him personaly but bad for the Packers because his position is the one position on the team that we DONT need to get any worse at!

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4, you hit the nail on the head here! If there's one place that we can't afford to take steps back on, it's in the secondary. I just hope Al is innocent because we all heard last year how he's a leader on and off the field. Something doesn't seem to add up, does it? :roll:

OP
OP
A

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes somthing doesnt seem to add up. I always thought that he was a decent guy. Well then again I always thought that Green was a decent person too! But I guess you just cant tell with some people. :)

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:
Yes somthing doesnt seem to add up. I always thought that he was a decent guy. Well then again I always thought that Green was a decent person too! But I guess you just cant tell with some people. :)

I wouldn't convict Harris yet. It could very well be that the reason he has not been charged is because there is no evidence to support this woman's claim. Most strippers I have met have been of very low moral fibre and this could very well be an extortion scheme. It seems funny that if Harris had actually assaulted this woman that there would be a lack of physical evidence. Even stranger is the fact that the DA would hesitate charging him if there was evidence to support the charge.

Go Pack!

Robert C. Hedley

OP
OP
A

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know he hasnt even been charged yet. But I just hope that it doesnt happen. I hope we never hear about this again.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think a charge would have been made by now if the evidence was there. Harris claims his innocence and I tend to believe it. It shouldn't surprise anyone here that a stripper may try to extort money from a professional athlete. If charges are brought, Harris will have his day in court. As far as I'm concerned, it's a dead issue until then!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts