Packer Draft Needs

The Pencil Neck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, guys.

I'm a regular on a Texans Forum. We're doing a 4 round mock draft where we get a team and pick for it.

I got the Packers. :)

I figured that no one knows their team's needs better than the fans of that team. I've done a bit of research and this is what I've got as my list of needs:

1. OT
2. CB
3. OLB
4. RB
5. TE

Does that jibe with how y'all see your needs?

Right now, depending on how things fall, I'm expecting to go Kyle Wilson, Anthony Davis or Sergio Kindle in the first round.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We don't need TEs... Were have you heard we need TEs, with Jermichael Finley? We could use a blocking TE, but it's not a need...

Our needs:

1) LT (Lang is our future RT)
2) CB
3) SS
4) OG
5) OLB
6) DE
7) RB (needs to be a change of pace from Ryan Grant)

We also have a dire need of Punter and Kick Returner, which might be greater than OG, but it's easier to find in the draft.

Also, we could target, as mentioned before, a blocking TE, and a QB.

But don't be fooled by needs. Only once (Raji) has TT chosen need over BPA, and Raji was fairly high on his list (but not higher than Crabtree, who was available).

Of course, he won't target a WR a TE or a QB in the first round, but if a CJ Spiller is available, he'll get him...

Hope that helps.

OP
OP
T

The Pencil Neck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks, man.

CBS Sports had TE as a priority right up there with OT.

They showed P as a high, high need but since we're only doing 4 rounds, I left P off. I figured you'd pick that up with a later pick. If we extend this to more rounds, I'll make sure to grab a P.

BUT. My draft "style" is more BPA+Need but if TT is purely BPA then I'll try to take that into consideration when I'm drafting for y'all.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I gotta agree with RS... I am putting alot of emphasis on Defensive backs this draft.
Ya think we could get a couple pretty decent guys in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. A safety and a CB. Basically.......a guy to step in and replace Bigby when he gets hurt.......and a guy to replace Bush. Might as well pick up a corner in the 4th also to replace Bell as well. I actually didn't know anything about Bell until he got burned on that last play against the Steelers. Not a good way to get attention.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya think we could get a couple pretty decent guys in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. A safety and a CB. Basically.......a guy to step in and replace Bigby when he gets hurt.......and a guy to replace Bush. Might as well pick up a corner in the 4th also to replace Bell as well. I actually didn't know anything about Bell until he got burned on that last play against the Steelers. Not a good way to get attention.
That's my understanding... If somehow Huges is available in the second, we should take him.

But if not, it should be a CB or a S, and the other position in the 3rd.

I wouldn't mind McCluster, but I'd rather have the forementioned...

OP
OP
T

The Pencil Neck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, guys. It's the first round... and I'm in a mess.

Haden and Wilson are both off the board. So are Earl Thomas and Taylor Mays.

It's looking like Bruce Campbell at this point.

But SPILLER is still on the board and I'm very tempted to take him.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, guys. It's the first round... and I'm in a mess.

Haden and Wilson are both off the board. So are Earl Thomas and Taylor Mays.

It's looking like Bruce Campbell at this point.

But SPILLER is still on the board and I'm very tempted to take him.
OF COURSE YOU TAKE SPILLER

That's a given. he's probably top 10 in TTs board. If he falls to 23, you take him.

Unless Charles Brown is still there... But even so, you take him. TAKE HIM!!! NOW!!!! YES!!!!!!!

claybillings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ya you would have to take Spiller, thats why we resigned both Clifton and Tauscher, they are security blankets so we can take out LT of the future in later rounds and we can take the best player available in the first.

olwig420

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok...almost 24 hours later and nothing....Way to leave the rest of us hanging.

Members online

Latest posts