Packer Chatters Info Lots of Players Soon To Be Visting

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fullback Justin Griffith is still in Green Bay as of Wed. They are talking contract and it is only a matter of time before the two sides agree to a deal. Griffith see's the Packers as a perfect fit for his skill set, and the Packers feel the same way. (I would suspect a deal could get done today making him the highest paid FB in the NFL.)

Joe Horn will be in Green Bay for a visit Thursday or Friday. If Horn is signed the Packers would no longer have interest in trading for Randy Moss. I was told the Pack would only look to Horn for no more then 2 years. Horn has ties to Mike McCarthy and would be a nice fit in the Packers offense and in the locker room (just my opinion). I heard the Packers will make an offer to Horn before he leaves Green Bay, and I was also told the Packers are the team that tops his "wish list".

Chris Brown will be coming to Green Bay later in the week as well.

Randy McMichael has been contacted by the Packers (and other teams) and is trying to set a date to come to Green Bay for a visit. There is mutual interest from both parties.

The Packers are trying to see what day is good for Deon Grant to come visit Green Bay.

There are rumors of the Packers and Redskins talking trade on draft day IF Adrian Peterson is available at the #6 pick. It would include the Packers #16 pick, a 2nd round pick this season and another 2nd rounder next season for the Redskins #6 (overall) pick and a 5th round pick.

The Packers have not contacted nor offered Jamal Lewis a contract form what I was told.

The Bills will NOT release Willis McGahee and will trade him by or on draft day. Teams that are considered the front runners to land him are the Packers, Giants, Ravens, Browns, and Raiders. He could be had for a 3rd round pick, but McGahee and the team trading for him would want a new deal before any deal can/would be finished.

The Packers have inquired about Redskins RB La dell Betts.

Orlindo Mare may be released by the Dolphins and several teams would have interest, including the Packers, Giants, Redskins, Falcons, Chiefs and 49ers.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
maybe the draft day trade, is what TT had as a back up plan for losing ahman green. but im not sure about our first and second round pick.... we would lose a quality player in round 2 i think... but AP might be worth it.

also wouldnt mind Mcgahee for a 3rd... like that a lot actually.

picking up Mcmicheal for cheap might be a big steal... if he regains his form.

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fullback Justin Griffith is still in Green Bay as of Wed. They are talking contract and it is only a matter of time before the two sides agree to a deal. Griffith see's the Packers as a perfect fit for his skill set, and the Packers feel the same way. (I would suspect a deal could get done today making him the highest paid FB in the NFL.)

Joe Horn will be in Green Bay for a visit Thursday or Friday. If Horn is signed the Packers would no longer have interest in trading for Randy Moss. I was told the Pack would only look to Horn for no more then 2 years. Horn has ties to Mike McCarthy and would be a nice fit in the Packers offense and in the locker room (just my opinion). I heard the Packers will make an offer to Horn before he leaves Green Bay, and I was also told the Packers are the team that tops his "wish list".

Chris Brown will be coming to Green Bay later in the week as well.

Randy McMichael has been contacted by the Packers (and other teams) and is trying to set a date to come to Green Bay for a visit. There is mutual interest from both parties.

The Packers are trying to see what day is good for Deon Grant to come visit Green Bay.

There are rumors of the Packers and Redskins talking trade on draft day IF Adrian Peterson is available at the #6 pick. It would include the Packers #16 pick, a 2nd round pick this season and another 2nd rounder next season for the Redskins #6 (overall) pick and a 5th round pick.

The Packers have not contacted nor offered Jamal Lewis a contract form what I was told.

The Bills will NOT release Willis McGahee and will trade him by or on draft day. Teams that are considered the front runners to land him are the Packers, Giants, Ravens, Browns, and Raiders. He could be had for a 3rd round pick, but McGahee and the team trading for him would want a new deal before any deal can/would be finished.

The Packers have inquired about Redskins RB La dell Betts.

Orlindo Mare may be released by the Dolphins and several teams would have interest, including the Packers, Giants, Redskins, Falcons, Chiefs and 49ers.

Whoopty Freakin DO!!!

We pass on nate clements, adalius thomas, and forget to resign our only RB...And now we have to settle for Another Davenport in Betts and injury prone willis and jamal.....Way to go TT!!!

Reaction score
TT make Griffith the highest paid FB? I think not.

Don't get me wrong, I think TT has done a fair job but Griffith isn't the best FB in the league, and TT isn't gonna make him the highest paid if he isn't the best in the league.

A lucrative deal for a FB, I can see happening. If TT makes Griffith the highest paid FB, he is making a mistake. The best FB is on the Chargers, and not in FA.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adalius Thomas never got out of NE...their offer was too good.

Clements is the same situation. Same with Green......

All but Thomas are overpaid....but you just want to throw money around because we have it.

Good business plan!

Your ranting is getting old........engage the brain, then open the mouth.

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adalius Thomas never got out of NE...their offer was too good.

Clements is the same situation. Same with Green......

All but Thomas are overpaid....but you just want to throw money around because we have it.

Good business plan!

Your ranting is getting old........engage the brain, then open the mouth.

Engage ur own brain...People like u , is why the packer will never make another run.....Poor macs afraid to throw out some money....Its called investments.....On the stock market I'll take blue chips all day long.. Proven stocks that produce and will yeild a return even is their Po is more than that of mediocre companies...Seriously u dont want to compare intelligence dude...Dont let the typin flaw fool you....

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Time? The FA period is how many days old and we haven't blown half our cash reserves! Come on TT...overpay someone...anyone...make the fickle Chicken Little's feel better about the team and themselves.

Reaction score
Easy guys, lets not engage to attacks.

ref you are titled to your opinion, and I think you make some good points. Anyone who thinks otherwise can ignore ref by clicking the 'ignore' button. Don't go after refpacker because he wants TT to do something in FA, and thinks TT hasn't done enough.

If everyone agreed with one line of thinking, the world (and these forums) would be a very dull place.

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Easy guys, lets not engage to attacks.

ref you are titled to your opinion, and I think you make some good points. Anyone who thinks otherwise can ignore ref by clicking the 'ignore' button. Don't go after refpacker because he wants TT to do something in FA, and thinks TT hasn't done enough.

If everyone agreed with one line of thinking, the world (and these forums) would be a very dull place.

LOL HAHAHA I love it....Trust me its kinda hard bein one of the few who feels this way...What sucks is when u give opinions and immediately BAH BASH BASH....Please do ignore b/c my fingers get tired of keepin up

Reaction score
I know what you must feel like.

Ever anti-TT poster ends up getting attacked and eventually looses it.

Let's try to have a couple of people that can criticize TT and not lose their sanity for it. :)

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey...all opinions are good until Ol' Ref starts flinging the names. Once that starts, all bets are off. Sorry, but you want to call me **** for having a different opinion than yours, you no longer deserve my respect or cordiality in my responses. Act like a big boy and you will be treated like a big boy. Act like a punk..............

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People like u , is why the packer will never make another run.....Poor macs afraid to throw out some money....

Ask the Vikings and Redskins how many Super Bowls "throwing out some money has led to" (the answer is zero). Adalius Thomas and Nate Clements weren't the missing pieces to a Super Bowl and thus, weren't, at least to the Packers, worth the money they got.

Reaction score
ref, the fact is that the Packers have no use for Clements, Porter, et al.

Clements isn't a good fit in press coverage (Dieon Sanders said that himself on NFLN, and called Harris/Woodson a couple (out of a handful of players)of the best in the NFL at being able to play press coverage. Clements wouldn't have beat out Woodson or Harris, and paying about 9 million for a #3 CB is way too much.

As for Porter, he is suited to inside LB. Having him take the place of Poppinga wouldn't be a good fit. Plus the Steelers LBs have a history of failing outside a 3-4 system.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
refpacker said:
People like u , is why the packer will never make another run.....Poor macs afraid to throw out some money....

As the Vikings and Redskins how many Super Bowls "throwing out some money has led to" (the answer is zero). Adalius Thomas and Nate Clements weren't the missing pieces to a Super Bow and thus, weren't, at least to the Packers, worth the money they got.

How about the Cardinals last year? They signed Edge and they actually got worse. The Cardinals, Vikings, and Redskins all have one thing in common and that's they all lost more games in 06 than 05.

Look at the recent Super Bowl teams.

2006 Colts - Not many big name acquisitions. McFarland came over early into the 06 season via trade.
2005 Steelers - Willie Parker emerged as an undrafted free agent.
2004 and 2003 Patriots - Rodney Harrison was released I believe in June and signed on shortly after. Corey Dillon came over via Trade.
2002 Buccaneers - Jon Gruden was their biggest pickup and he was the Coach.
2001 Patriots - The emergence of Tom Brady.

In fact recent history has suggested that spending on big name players left and right equals a downgrade in production rather than an upgrade.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Ref wants to criticize TT that's fine but don't use Not signing Clements, Thomas, or, Green as a means to do it.

If TT would have engaged in that foolishness and actually won the bidding war on any of those guys I would have driven up there and slapped the crap out of him myself.

You mention Green and not one person on this forum would have ever imagined he would end up with anything like that kind of money. God bless him, good luck, and, GOOD BYE.

We sign Clements to that kind of money and we have 5 guys screaming at the top of their lungs over there on defense. No thanks.

Thomas would have been great but we are young, talented, and, deep where he would help us at end/LB. So why in the hell pay that kind of money? Interest there didn't make that much sense to begin with.

Nail TT if you want but mentioning Clements? Gimme a break. I think you could buy the entire freaking town of Green Bay for what he got. Geesh.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Engage ur own brain...People like u , is why the packer will never make another run.....Poor macs afraid to throw out some money....Its called investments.....On the stock market I'll take blue chips all day long.. Proven stocks that produce and will yeild a return even is their Po is more than that of mediocre companies...Seriously u dont want to compare intelligence dude...Dont let the typin flaw fool you....

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey...all opinions are good until Ol' Ref starts flinging the names. Once that starts, all bets are off. Sorry, but you want to call me **** for having a different opinion than yours, you no longer deserve my respect or cordiality in my responses. Act like a big boy and you will be treated like a big boy. Act like a punk..............

I agree 100%! You can disagree, but when you start belittling others just because they don't see it your way is immature at best.
Ref, you obviously hate Ted Thompson, we get it.
I don't think ANYTHING he would do would suit you. He helped keep Brett Favre here at least another year, yet you seem to forget that. I would bet money that had Favre retired, you'd be all over TT and blaming him for it.
All we are saying is, there is plenty of time between now and the start of mini camp. Why rip the guy this early? Would you be any happier if he had paid 8 million to keep Ahman Green? Or would you be ripping him on wasting all that money on an over the hill RB?
If nothing gets done by the start of the season, then maybe my opinion will change. Otherwise, we have NO idea of what TT's plans are, but i am CERTAIN he HAS a plan. He's NOT Matt Millen!

Reaction score
He may not be Millen, but I swear at times he reminds me of Harpo Marx.

Given some of the statements TT gives on issues, I swear if you re-read them it's like realizing he basically said nothing.

And the resemblence is too much to think it is a coincedence. :p

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saying nothing is quite honestly the best way to operate. Why give your **** away..to the media, fans or opponents.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
He may not be Millen, but I swear at times he reminds me of Harpo Marx.

Given some of the statements TT gives on issues, I swear if you re-read them it's like realizing he basically said nothing.

And the resemblence is too much to think it is a coincedence. :p

Hmmm.....where did i hear the Harpo Marx look alike statement.......oh yeah! I said it!!!LOLOLOL!!! :thumbsup: :rotflmao:

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if we get Griffith and Horn ... wow this team ... next year ... would be dangerous indead and imagine we draft lynch and sign chris brown ... wowwwwwwwwwww i think im in love lol ... but i also want olsen :( TT make some miracles plzzzz

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts