Pack vs Cards part 2

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arizona is a highly talented team and even if the Packers offense can repeat yesterday's performance it will for sure not be easy to defeat them on Saturday.

No one in their right mind would think a win against Cardinals is going to be easy. However, i'm not going into this week hanging my head down and looking pathetic because we are playing against a "talented" team. I am going into this week in anticipation of watching TWO talented teams going head to head. going to be a good game! This game will not be the same as our previous match up.

We were the highly favored team prior to bye week so there is no reason why we can't be that team again in the playoffs.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haha Rob Demovsky's paraphrased reasons why the Packers could beat the Cardinals: "Aaron Rodgers. Oh, and the rest of the team doesn't totally suck"

Was nice seeing the Aaron Rodgers Swagger back again... Best time of year to see it.

I'm telling you that guy plays lights out as he has in the past... And the defense shows up. No one will stop the Packers. Not sure if that will happen. But anything is possible

Tacklynn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's say you are an Arizona Cardinals Fan, what has you concerned about the upcoming playoff game against the Packers? Hopefully something.

Tacklynn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw Quarless on the field a couple of times yesterday. I'm pretty sure he's just blocking out there. I'm okay with it.
I'm glad you noticed him. But isn't he supposed to be catching balls? Why do you think he was not in that role? If there are more guys that Rodgers can throw to, then doesn't that make it more confusing for the defense? Don't we want to increase the number of viable targets for Rodgers?

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
This game comes down solely to what Packer's offense shows up this week. If they play like they played in Washington during Q2-Q4 for 60 minutes, the Packers can win this football game. I think Arizona is the best team in the NFL and has the best shot to win the Super Bowl. If the Packer's beat them, I think the trophy comes home. If not, good luck to Arizona. As long as Seattle and/or the Patriots are not in it, I have nothing against any of the other teams. Rodgers needs to attack Arizona's broken secondary and our offensive line needs to give it everything they have. Our defense can stop that offense (remember it was our offense that gave up more points to the Arizona defense than the other way around). I am not putting too much thought into it, but boy would an NFC championship rematch, this time at home, be the game of the year? Might have to book a flight from Boston Saturday night.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one in their right mind would think a win against Cardinals is going to be easy. However, i'm not going into this week hanging my head down and looking pathetic because we are playing against a "talented" team. I am going into this week in anticipation of watching TWO talented teams going head to head. going to be a good game! This game will not be the same as our previous match up.

We were the highly favored team prior to bye week so there is no reason why we can't be that team again in the playoffs.

I think their performance since then might be a good reason.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's say you are an Arizona Cardinals Fan, what has you concerned about the upcoming playoff game against the Packers? Hopefully something.

Think a hot/determined Aaron strikes fear into all 31 other teams.

The defense getting pressure, since Arizona has been know to give up pressure.

They are coming off a game that they looked human for once, and the Packers coming off a win.

Not saying they shouldn't be favored, since they should be... But I doubt they are feeling as good about playing the Packers as they did following that 38-8 beat down.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score

They are coming off a game that they looked human for once, and the Packers coming off a win.

Not saying they shouldn't be favored, since they should be... But I doubt they are feeling as good about playing the Packers as they did following that 38-8 beat down.

Julius Peppers knows he's running out of time, he'll be playing full bore during this playoff run.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers have gone 5-6 since the bye week with the offense struggling for the majority of those 11 games. While their performance against a below average defense was promising I want to see them being capable of scoring against an Elite defense before I get excited about our chances to make it to the Super Bowl.

I'm glad you noticed him. But isn't he supposed to be catching balls? Why do you think he was not in that role? If there are more guys that Rodgers can throw to, then doesn't that make it more confusing for the defense? Don't we want to increase the number of viable targets for Rodgers?

There's no doubt the offense desperately needs additional receiving threats but Quarless doesn't seem to be that guy.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Meh. Neither Quarless or RR are that great as weapons driving down the field. I'd rather have Q blocking to give Aaron more protection, and then use RR in red zone opportunities because he seems to have a knack at getting open for TD's.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Well I looked at the odds and the "experts" are giving the Packers a 8% chance to beat the Cards.

Excellent! That % chance is about 10 times larger than the Seahawks had at the 55 minute mark of last year's NFCC game. So, this should be a cake walk! :tup:

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If he gets a chance to get a rhythm going, like you pointed out before, the receivers really don't need much separation. He'll find the way to get the ball into somebody's hands.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have gone 5-6 since the bye week with the offense struggling for the majority of those 11 games. While their performance against a below average defense was promising I want to see them being capable of scoring against an Elite defense before I get excited about our chances to make it to the Super Bowl.

There's no doubt the offense desperately needs additional receiving threats but Quarless doesn't seem to be that guy.

So basically you are saying you don't give a team a chance unless they make it to the NFCCG and beat the best team in the NFC at their place? That is quite a harsh way to be a fan. Basically you are only on them if everyone else on earth can see it as well? I mean they beat AZ and we will probably be favored to go to the Super Bowl. At that point you will just be part of the bandwagon.

A lot has changed since the first game. Plus I'm pretty sure the your previous 11 games don't matter when you line up against Arizona Saturday. They are under-dogs as they should be. But I think you are only trying to see the negatives of prior games without seeing the life the team had last night, the change in confidence.

Wynnebeck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't be surprised if we get an influx of AZ fans. They linked our forums on their forum and everyone started talking **** about us. I'm hoping the Packers can get it together and beat this team and their smug fanbase.

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't be surprised if we get an influx of AZ fans. They linked our forums on their forum and everyone started talking **** about us. I'm hoping the Packers can get it together and beat this team and their smug fanbase.

What fan base?

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Lol well when we have more championships (13) then they do playoff appearances (10)... You have to talk **** while you have the chance, it is short lived.

And maybe if they had more fans it wouldn't sound like a home game when we play them in Arizona. lol

D

Deleted member 6794

So basically you are saying you don't give a team a chance unless they make it to the NFCCG and beat the best team in the NFC at their place? That is quite a harsh way to be a fan. Basically you are only on them if everyone else on earth can see it as well? I mean they beat AZ and we will probably be favored to go to the Super Bowl. At that point you will just be part of the bandwagon.

A lot has changed since the first game. Plus I'm pretty sure the your previous 11 games don't matter when you line up against Arizona Saturday. They are under-dogs as they should be. But I think you are only trying to see the negatives of prior games without seeing the life the team had last night, the change in confidence.

I've been a fanatic supporter of the Packers for almost 20 years, no matter if the team won or lost, so calling me a bandwagoner is complete BS.

With that being said I'm still capable of evaluating the team in an objective way. There's no denying the offense has struggled for the most part since week 4 and three goid quarters against a below average defense missing three of their top six defensive backs doesn't result in me being convinced that the unit is past its struggles.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been a fanatic supporter of the Packers for almost 20 years, no matter if the team won or lost, so calling me a bandwagoner is complete BS.

With that being said I'm still capable of evaluating the team in an objective way. There's no denying the offense has struggled for the most part since week 4 and three goid quarters against a below average defense missing three of their top six defensive backs doesn't result in me being convinced that the unit is past its struggles.

So as I said.... When everyone else starts believing then you will to.

Wasn't questioning if you were a fan or not. Just saying that is a harsh way to be a fan. To not give them a little more benefit of the doubt than the average on-looker might.

Doesn't make you wrong...

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So as I said.... When everyone else starts believing then you will to.

Wasn't questioning if you were a fan or not. Just saying that is a harsh way to be a fan. To not give them a little more benefit of the doubt than the average on-looker might.

Doesn't make you wrong...

Everybody has their own way. Being an optimist or a pessimist doesn't make you more or less of a fan. Only you can know for sure. Do you get butterflies at kickoff? Does your heart hang on every play? I don't care if you don't think we have a shot, or if you think there's no way we lose, if you're not 100% invested at game time, then IMO you're not a "true" fan.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Michael Irvin said the same thing pretty much by saying Arizona will put Green Bay in their place next weekend
Michael Irvin, makes the show nearly unwatchable. How he keeps his job amazes me.

And who is he to judge? I think it was unfair of him as a player to push off on the defender nearly every play. You take out the plays where he didn't push off, and he has a career of 30 catches max. (There had to be a few blown coverages or "CB fell down" plays and there was nobody to push off)

Favre3132

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Below is a sampling of the posts from the Cardinals forum. According to Cardinal fans, Green Bay has no chance at all.

Hope the Packers start yapping - seem to have a lot of confidence after beating a team in the playoffs like Washington that did not beat a team with a winning record all year. I am more worried about the refs letting their OL hold and grab like they did against the Redskins and not call holding. Even if we don't get the defensive TD's Saturday like the last game, we will still win by 10. We should be healthy and ready to go.

We all know Rodgers will take his shots in the media against the Cardinals this week.

Julius peppers is going to bump his lips talking about his GB team and how other teams measure up? Let’s serve them another whipping to remind them and their fans that they are not the big dog in this league.

Arizona doesn’t need anything to get them ready to beat GB. They will be focused and have blood in their eyes.

Stat of the day …the Green Bay Packers are 0-4 in the playoffs since 2010 against opponents from the NFC West.

Rodgers won’t have any time to throw Saturday. Unlike the Skins, we have a really great front four. You watch, we pitch the shutout this week.

Green Bay doesn't match up well against us on any level. They can't protect the QB, their run game is pathetic, their linebackers and corners can't cover in space and they play way too much zone. We are going to eat them alive.

Today, Green Bay exactly played Washington how they played all year. GB did not dominate in any facet of the game. GB is kind of league average actually, but can put together some drives and score. Last year's MVP, Rodgers, is old news and not playing anywhere near '14. I won't let anyone tell me differently about him this year. Cards 35, Packers 17

Green Bay doesn't belong on the same field as the Cardinals. Palmer will be well rested. Cards 55-10.

The Pack will suffer greatly, but not before they score a touchdown first. Starts off at 0-7, then ends up being 42-7 Cards. Winning the Super Bowl is in the Cards.

We roll em. Aaron Rodgers gets harassed all day.