Our New Coach Good for Both Brett and Aaron ?

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems he has ties to both, runs the West Coast Offence. I am trying to be optomistic here but want to know what you all think. Does our new coach look like a good fit for both Brett and Aaron ? Opinions ?

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly. I believe that had a lot to do with TT's decision. Maybe he can coach Brett to better decisions and develop Rodgers, which was two of my worries with Sherman and Bevell.

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was Brett's coach for one season under Rhodes and lets look at other QB he "helped" Aaron Brooks develop into the star he is, lol. I don't understand this at all.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was reading about him and Aaron Brooks and the word is that he was the only guy that could handle Brooks and he left New Orleans because management didn't agree with him on how to handle Brooks so he left and Aaron Brooks completely fell apart this season. I think this is good news for the Packers because if Favre stays he can stand up to him and not let the bad decisions slide.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well if Favre doesn't return and we look for a veteran QB to compete with Rodgers, could it be Brooks? NO is giving up on him.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good for Brett-He can create new ways for people to get open, so Brett doesnt have to throw the ball into double coverage because no one else on the offense is capable of what to do--a la, all of last season/the minnesota playoff game--I expect more "safe routes"--check down-type routes, look for Franks (if health) to get more involved than he ever was under Mike Sherman...maybe we'll see some screen passes too, this will differ from Sherrosley's "alright guys, run somewhere and Brett will throw the ball at you...hard" offense

Good for Rodgers-McCarthy's helped to develop some guys who are established NFL QB's--Grbac, Gannon, Delhomme, Brooks, Bulger...certainly not superstars, but who said Rodgers was gonna be one--I hope he develops a system that Rodgers can ease into, when the situation calls for him

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
It seems he has ties to both, runs the West Coast Offence. I am trying to be optomistic here but want to know what you all think. Does our new coach look like a good fit for both Brett and Aaron ? Opinions ?

I know for favre he does. I'm really pulling for drafting LenDale White, AND A STARTING GAURD that is mobile(can pull on running plays)!

The draft is deep at LBer and we can get a solid player later on. my view points have changed b/c of our new HC. i feel the best way to get the new o rolling is w/a strong running game, and the running attack is #4's best friend.

if the team is successful, and by succesful, i mean the packers make the playoffs in '06, i don't see why Brett wouldn't pursue a championship and keep playing beyond '06.

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"if the team is successful, and by succesful, i mean the packers make the playoffs in '06, i don't see why Brett wouldn't pursue a championship and keep playing beyond '06".

OH YEAH, Now were Talking !!! GO PACK GO

PACKATTACK4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he will be great. I think Brett will come back and thrive under MM. I also think he is what Rodgers needs to develop to his full potential. I'm sure Rodgers will be pleased now that he won't have to be subjected to the Three Stooges ( Sher, Ros, and Bev ).

I would start by drafting White out of USC (he will be a load in short yardage and goal line situations) and signing Hutchinson away from Seattle. Then drafting some defensive help, the draft seems to be deep at LB.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way should a top 5 pick be spent on a back as ordinary as White. Take Mario Williams at #5 and Calhoun in the second if you don't think Gado is the answer. I agree we should sign Hutchinson though.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sold on White. I think there is a risk that all those "inside" yards he got were because teams keyed on the outside (Bush) and the pass (Leinart).

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
No way should a top 5 pick be spent on a back as ordinary as White. Take Mario Williams at #5 and Calhoun in the second if you don't think Gado is

so a back that is 5' 10", 190 lbs, is better that a 6'2" 220lb RB?

sorry, but i feel LenDale can start right away, while calhoun maybe a third down back or WRer.

and why take williams over aj hawk when we have kgb and kampman

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i still don't like the "running back draft pick" talks...when guys such as Moe Williams will be out there for us in free agency, Moe Williams is a veteran, can catch the ball--and there's gonna be a damn good player available with our pick at #36...perhaps a guard, a linebacker, a d-lineman, a corner--depending on where we go with the #5 pick

Say we won a few more games and drafted at #15, I'd like Lendale White a whole lot more...but where we draft there is going to be a plethora of defensive gems there for our taking...even if we trade down to 10

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
i still don't like the "running back draft pick" talks...when guys such as Moe Williams will be out there for us in free agency, Moe Williams is a veteran, can catch the ball--and there's gonna be a damn good player available with our pick at #36...perhaps a guard, a linebacker, a d-lineman, a corner--depending on where we go with the #5 pick

Say we won a few more games and drafted at #15, I'd like Lendale White a whole lot more...but where we draft there is going to be a plethora of defensive gems there for our taking...even if we trade down to 10

but what better way to breal in a new coach, oc, and take some pressure off of #4, than to pound the ball to a stud back 25-30 times a game.

Members online

Latest posts